Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2016 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

It's that time of year again, gentlemen! Inhale that deep cold February air -- feel it grasp at your lungs and let it burn. The NFL Draft is readily upon us once more and you know what that means... Worthless 40 yard dash times, heavily coached interviews, scripted pro days, and the full 7 round TGP Mock Draft. If you want to Wonderlic your opponents and fellow GMs into oblivion, you've come to the right spot!

We here at TGP have run this activity for going on something crazy like 6 years now, and it's personally one of my favorite parts of not only the off season around TGP but one of my favorite parts in the entirety of the season.

If you are new to the site or haven't participated before, let me tell you how it works. You and other members will take on the responsibility of becoming the GM for any team in the league you desire. You will then await your teams turn in the draft order and at that time take the best available player for your team, according to nobody but yourself.

We use the official NFL draft order including all previously established trades between NFL teams. For example, if you decide to take on the job of Buffalo Bills GM, your first round pick will actually belong to the Cleveland Browns thanks to the trade up during the 2014 NFL Draft to select WR Sammy Watkins.

This thread will serve as the sign-up for that process.

Last year, our participants absolutely KILLED IT participation wise. There were fewer skips than ever before, and we finished in record time. Huge round of applause to everyone that was part of the process a year ago -- including owners and helpers.

I have a feeling that this year will require even more work and dedication from those involved in the game. As we grow older and our member base whittles down, we may need more 2nd and 3rd team owners to step up and take more control of the game.

I will also be in need of some help, as well. Whether it be editing the thread with selections or keeping track of who is on the clock or allowing yourself to be used as a proxy. All of those positions, if you are interested, are able to be signed up for in this thread as well. All extra help is EXTREMELY appreciated, as it simply is not practical for one person to run something like this for 6 weeks alone. In the past, guys like BLUE, Oochy, & Sarge among others have filled these roles perfectly (no pressure)! Thank you all so much.

Please Note:
This process is a long one and requires a certain level of dedication and commitment. As stated previously, this is a full 7 round draft with a lot of time being spent on waiting for each other to find time to log in and make selections that spans the course of over a month and a half.

At the very least, you need to be constantly aware of how many picks are in between the current selection and your next pick. Logging in multiple times a day, especially in rounds 1 & 2 is almost a must -- even if it's only for 60 seconds to check on the progress of the picks.

Even if you can't do that, there is still hope for you! As long as you look at prospects ahead of time, you can send your selection to one of our proxy selectors and they will make the pick in your absence, if need be. If you plan on missing time, I highly encourage you to use those tools to make the process as quick and easy for not only yourself, but for the other GMs as well.

If you can't handle these obligations, please consider not signing up. But in all honesty, regardless of situation, there is really little excuse to keep you out of this game. If you have questions or comments regarding your availability or if you want advice on participating -- feel free to ask and we shall guide you to the light.

TL/DR Version:
Sign ups are OPEN. Please limit yourself to one team until further notice. Most of us usually get a 2nd team, but those won't be available for maybe a week or so. A thread with the full draft order and rules will be created and added at a later time, probably much closer to the start date.

Current Sign-Ups:

1. Tennessee Titans -- Air

2. Cleveland Browns -- Razor
3. San Diego Chargers -- DMac?

4. Dallas Cowboys -- Butta

5. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Campin

6. Baltimore Ravens -- BJORN

7. San Francisco 49ers -- Cherry

8. Miami Dolphins -- Campin

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Bucman?

10. New York Giants -- Vin

11. Chicago Bears -- Butta

12. New Orleans Saints -- Fart

13. Philadelphia Eagles -- DMac

14. Oakland Raiders -- ATL

15. Los Angeles Rams -- Chern

16. Detroit Lions -- DMac

17. Atlanta Falcons -- Razor

18. Indianapolis Colts -- Vin

19. Buffalo Bills -- Campin?

20. New York Jets -- BC

21. Washington Redskins -- Bjorn

22. Houston Texans -- Fart

23. Minnesota Vikings -- Vin

24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Chern

25. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Butta?

26. Seattle Seahawks -- BC

27. Green Bay Packers -- Favre4Ever

28. Kansas City Chiefs -- Butta?

29. Arizona Cardinals -- ATL

30. Carolina Panthers -- Thanatizzle

31. Denver Broncos -- Cherry

*** New England Patriots -- Air

*** No 1st Rounder Due to DeflateGate

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

as always I'll make myself available as a proxy, if your pick is coming up and you know you're not gonna be around PM me the next few players on your draft board (enough to be sure at least one will still be there) and when your pick comes up I'll make sure you get someone you want

• Upvote 2

Sneaky bastard waiting till 10 trying to outlast me.

:Rams: and if we end up needing it you already know who my #2 is.

Sneaky bastard waiting till 10 trying to outlast me.

:Rams: and if we end up needing it you already know who my #2 is.

I have a feeling we will most definitely need it this year. A lot of our tried and true... MOTM and Trident for example, are no longer with us. May they rest in peace.

I have a feeling we will most definitely need it this year. A lot of our tried and true... MOTM and Trident for example, are no longer with us. May they rest in peace.

Jesus you're right. What happened to MOTM?

49ers were left off the list and the Jaguars are shown here twice at pick 5 and 7. Pretty sure the 49ers are picking at 7.

I'm looking to deal a bunch of picks away this year. I'm really interested in upgrading my first round pick to the 1-12 range. Regardless of that happening or not, also looking to score an additional 2nd round pick in the 7-15 range of that round. Would be happy to deal both my 3rds in addition to a couple day-3 picks to make any of that happen. Would be content picking just 4-5 picks this year and call it a day. Compensatory picks are tradable in the NFL this year, so why not here too.

Seattle's selections as stands now:

Round 1: Own pick (26th overall)
Round 2: Own pick
Round 3: Own pick, projected comp. pick (Maxwell)
Round 4: Own pick
Round 5: Projected comp. pick (Carpenter), own pick traded to KC (McCray)
Round 6: Projected comp. pick (Smith), own pick traded to DET (Seisay)
Round 7: Own pick, additional pick acquired from DAL (Michael)

Also, will start doing proxy lists more frequently after the 2nd round like I started doing last year to speed us up.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the correction BC. If one of the mods could edit that it would be great. Otherwise I will change it when I get home.

Didn't know Turry was gone.

:Bears: Bear Down

----------------

Also are we sticking to the no trading of current players idea that everyone wanted last year?

Edited by butta54

Also are we sticking to the no trading of current players idea that everyone wanted last year?

I think as long as people don't get out of hand with the shit we should be okay.

I think as long as people don't get out of hand with the shit we should be okay.

"If we can't accept limitations, then we are no better than the bad guys."

But for real, I know everyone wanted to add that rule. Maybe we vote with a poll or something :shrug:

I'll take:

:Ravens:

I may be in the minority, but put me in the group for only trading draft picks.

I kind of agree, just makes it hard to move up into the first round.

Why not just form a moderation board for it or something and have it cleared by that board? Better than blanket yes or no? :think:

Yes unless we hear an overwhelming majority... Player trading isn't going to happen. It's not really what the spirit of the draft encompasses.

• Upvote 1

not to mention, how often do you actually see players traded during the actual draft?

Edited by oochymp

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play or even help out this year. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

not to mention, how often do you actually see players traded during the actual draft?

Unless they're backups, it's almost never. You might see something like Jason Campbell for a fourth rounder on draft day, but it's never like trading Muhammad Wilkerson to move up to the top 5 in the draft. >_>

I'll take the Titans and I can help keep the thread updated again, still have the mod power here anyway.

Unless they're backups, it's almost never. You might see something like Jason Campbell for a fourth rounder on draft day, but it's never like trading Muhammad Wilkerson to move up to the top 5 in the draft. >_>

Can't wait for MoWilk to get traded for a top 5 pick this year :cigar:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play or even help out this year. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

You better have cancer or something horrible like that. Ha. (hopefully you don't... actually have cancer. That would be terrible)

You better have cancer or something horrible like that. Ha. (hopefully you don't... actually have cancer. That would be terrible)

eD8WwsD.jpg