Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Buccaneers 2016 Off-Season Thread

Kickers like every other position are not guaranteed to be good. It was a silly pick and will remain to be one until he wins us a SB

Edited by Bucman

I think taking a kicker that high was pushing it, but so is saying he needs to win us a Super Bowl to justify the pick lol.

If he can play like Justin Tucker or Stephen Gostkowski, the pick is worth it. Otherwise, it's note. If you're drafting a 10+ year starter who can win you some games, you're coming out on top. Kickers are more like pitchers or golfers than football players though, and they do go into slumps from time to time.

• Upvote 1

I agree, if he proves to be a reliable kicker for a long period of time then he's worth it. You very rarely draft players who stay and contribute for long. I obviously would rather upgrade something other than kicker in the 2nd, but I'm not going to flip out or anything. Plus the fact it's a FSU guy and someone who went to HS in my area and is a local legend makes it really cool for me. I'm happy to have Roberto Aguayo in Tampa Bay, maybe not the way it happened but I'm happy to have him. I'm absolutely ecstatic about Noah Spence though.

Like I said in the shout yesterday in a brief shout, we got the one guy I wanted most in Noah Spence. The rest is a bonus.

VH3? Well, I hope he's the next Brent Grimes or better. Thankfully, he's got Brent Grimes to follow around and learn from.

I think Ryan Smith could be a Kwon Alexander-ish 4th-round steal if he can come into camp and takeover A starting Safety role. That would normally be an optimistic view on a guy taken here, but our starting Safeties currently are McDougald and Tandy.

Dan Vitale could be a steal, also. Really good hands and very athletic. Looks like he's going to be used a lot in many different ways. In the backfield as a RB/FB, in-line as a TE or split out wide as a TE/WR. Still remains to be seen if he can do it at the NFL level, but he did exactly all of that in college.

It appears as though Jason Licht just got us 4 staters AGAIN via TE draft with VH3, Spence, Aguayo and Vitale. We'll see if they're any good in those starting roles.

Edited by BucD

Dan Vitale reminded me a lot of Jimmy Kleinsasser.