Sign in to follow this  
Vin

TGP Radio 2016: QB Prospects

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/vindication/2016/03/20/tgp-radio-2016-qb-prospects

Tonight at 11 PM.

Unless none of my draft peeps show up, then it'll be about different stuff and things. :ooo:

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

:panic:

I understand most of Cherry's Wentz criticisms, but certainly not the "isn't careful with the ball" bit. The guy had minimal turnovers in his college career and most of the time put the team at absolutely zero risk with his throws. Yes, he had to fit into a lot of tight windows, but as I've said before--he was not fortunate enough to work with receivers who were great at getting separation. NDSU may have won 5 straight national championships but they've done so with mostly sub-par receivers. The best WR Wentz worked with is a nice possession receiver, and a great kid, but I don't see an NFL future in him. Brock Jensen had some decent guys but Wentz really didn't. The one guy who carried over from Jensen to Wentz deteriorated physically due to multiple injuries and just wasn't the same for Carson.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I understand most of Cherry's Wentz criticisms, but certainly not the "isn't careful with the ball" bit. The guy had minimal turnovers in his college career and most of the time put the team at absolutely zero risk with his throws. Yes, he had to fit into a lot of tight windows, but as I've said before--he was not fortunate enough to work with receivers who were great at getting separation. NDSU may have won 5 straight national championships but they've done so with mostly sub-par receivers. The best WR Wentz worked with is a nice possession receiver, and a great kid, but I don't see an NFL future in him. Brock Jensen had some decent guys but Wentz really didn't. The one guy who carried over from Jensen to Wentz deteriorated physically due to multiple injuries and just wasn't the same for Carson.

A lot of that criticism of not being careful with the ball comes from how he acts under pressure. He isn't as good at detecting pressure and he'll hold it way too long. He's very unaware in the pocket and gets the ball knocked out of his hands way too much for my liking. With good protection it's not an issue but if he ends up on a team that doesn't have a solid line he could be in for a very rough time. I also don't think he is nearly careful enough with his deep ball. He has good power in his arm but his downfield accuracy is inconsistent and I think he tries to force it way too much on the long ball. Forgive me if I missed anything while talking on the radio, I didn't have my notes out and my thoughts on the QBs were a little jumbled.

You've really improved at doing these over the years, Vinny. :yep:

• Upvote 1

I've gotten a lot more comfortable doing them, and that goes a long way.