Bangy

2016 Baseball Thread

My girlfriend woke me up at 1:00AM last night yelling that at the top of her lungs and proceeded to jump on me for good measure. She also woke me up at around 11:30 when Rajae tied it 6-6 with the homer.

I needed to get up at 4:00 AM to go to work today. And I completely understand.

Congrats to the Cubs, and what a hell of a World Series.

White Sox traded Chris Sale to the Red Sox for two highly touted prospects. Can anyone confirm how highly before I lose my shit?

I thought you were a Mets fan?...

Anyway, White Sox got a great return. Moncada is considered by many in the industry to be the best prospect in all of baseball. He's a switch hitter who shines especially as a lefty, but he should also be productive as a righty when he needs to be. He has the ability to play almost anywhere on the field defensively. Great speed, should be an absolute monster.

Kopech is a hard-throwing pitcher who might be a #2 or #3 starter, but might also end up as a high-leverage reliever one day. He throws as hard as Chapman. He needs to lean up his other pitches if he wants to be a starter, but even if he doesn't, he might be an all-star closer.

Shit won't lie, no matter how much I try I always follow Chisox.

I knew the trade was big but I'm not overly hot on the minors so thanks for letting me know.

Firesale and rebuild is in full swing on the Southside right now as Eaton has gone to the Nationals as well. I'm really hoping both Quintana and Abreu stay but it's looking unlikely

Wow, White Sawks really bulking up that farm. They have a good little collection of young talent now.

Red Sox shoulda held onto Moncado and not done the Sale deal. Dude looks like the next Bryce Harper and could start looking as such as soon as THIS year.

• Upvote 1

Toronto is in on McCutchen.

So the Pirates and Yankees are going hard for Quintana. The Yankees also want to take David Robertson and a huge proportion of his $25 mill contact to get the deal done.

Also The Yankees and BoSox are in talks about a series in London's Olympic stadium in 2018. If this happens I would be all over this.