Bangy

2016 Baseball Thread

Jung Ho Kang hit 2 HR in this first game back from that awful injury last season. This guy is going to be great. Big boost to have him back. :rock:

Chris Sale becomes this seasons first 7-0 winner. Honestly I can't wait for the Cubs vs Sox, Arrieta vs Sale will be nice

Bartolo Colon went and hit his first career HR.

Also Sale has become the MLBs first seven game winner.

Indians need to get rid of Cody Anderson. Keep his ass in the minors.

• Upvote 1

Nats need someone better than Zimmerman hitting after Harper, leaving 14 players on base is insane

Phillies are pretty good. Crazy turn around from last year.

Brett Lawrie is really finding his groove in May, he has pulled out some big AB's alongside the Todd Father. Also Mat Latos is currently going for 6-0.

David Price is 5-1 with 6.00 ERA :shifty:

Man the last game between the Rangers and Blue Jays got wild. I don't agree with what the Rangers did in the slightest. You want to get revenge for the bat flip, you do it in the first game not the last meeting of the season between the two teams.

Bautista's slid was hard but totally fair, the Rangers just bitched out about it. I will admit though Odor caught Joey with a sweet right. I really hope that they face each over in the playoffs again.

ChiSox dropped two against the Yankees which surprised me but there 7th, 8th and 9th guys are lights out. So hard to comeback against the three.

In case anyone missed this:

Washington Nationals, Bryce Harper have textbook timing in appeal drop

WASHINGTON -- It's like déjà vu all over again.
Last September, Bryce Harper was suspended one game by the Washington Nationals for his role in the highly publicized dugout dustup with closer Jonathan Papelbon. While Papelbon received suspensions from both the team and the league, the only ban Harper received was from the Nats. Although the star outfielder sat out his one game on a Monday, the day after the Sunday incident with Papelbon, then-manager Matt Williams had previously indicated that Monday was going to be a day off for Harper anyway.
Seven and a half months later, history is repeating itself. Kind of.
Earlier Saturday afternoon, following Washington's 6-4 victory in the opener of a day-night doubleheader against Miami, the Nats announced that Harper had dropped his appeal and would serve a one-game suspension during Saturday's nightcap against the Marlins.
In case you forgot, Harper was ejected Monday, in the ninth inning with the score tied against Detroit, for arguing with plate umpire Brian Knight after teammate Danny Espinosa was called out on strikes. Moments later, after pinch hitter Clint Robinson clubbed a walk-off home run, Harper returned to the field to celebrate, which is a no-no after you've been tossed. Another no-no? Dropping an F-bomb on an umpire, which TV cameras caught Harper doing as the Nationals mobbed Robinson following his winner. As such, on Wednesday, MLB issued Harper a one-game suspension.
The beauty of the appeals process, besides the whole due-process thing, is that appeals can typically be filed and dropped so as to make the timing a little more convenient for the player (and team) involved. Or as is the case, a lot more convenient.

What kind of a little bitch punches somebody for no reason?

Bat flips should be a tradition of baseball. There's too much of this "respect the game" bullshit. Fuck that. You hit a ball 300 or 400 some goddamn feet. Celebrate, and the defensive team should be expected to not get their panties in a bunch.

• Upvote 1

What kind of a little bitch punches somebody for no reason?

Bat flips should be a tradition of baseball. There's too much of this "respect the game" bullshit. Fuck that. You hit a ball 300 or 400 some goddamn feet. Celebrate, and the defensive team should be expected to not get their panties in a bunch.

What kind of little bitch slides into second base late as fuck intentionally and tries to square up the second baseman and doesn't expect to get his clock straight cleaned the fuck out, little bitch?

If that were boxing that motherfucker is going straight to the ropes and the fight is called off. Probably the cleanest punch ever landed in MLB history, btw. Bautista had it coming lmao

• Upvote 2

What kind of little bitch slides into second base late as fuck intentionally and tries to square up the second baseman and doesn't expect to get his clock straight cleaned the fuck out, little bitch?

If that were boxing that motherfucker is going straight to the ropes and the fight is called off. Probably the cleanest punch ever landed in MLB history, btw. Bautista had it coming lmao

The slide from Joey was totally legal in line with the new base running rules, his spikes were down and directly at the bag and not Odor. He was trying to break up the DP so in regards to that I don't see a problem with what Bautista did.

I agree with BWare, there should be more emotion in baseball and show boating if a guy has done something big.

Also the story of Matt Bush is literally one made for movies, best prospect that draft year, hits absolute rock bottom to now be on track and making moves in the pros. He's stuff looks great and his off speed stuff compliments that nasty fastball.

Bautista is the guy you love if he's on your squad and hate if he's not. He had it coming. :lol: How many teams has he gotten it into with? Was bound to happen lol. What a nice straight right punch though, proud of that kid. Most people don't know how to punch, nice form. :yao:

We got the biggest W of the season today firing Fredi G....

Our front office needs to be gutted like a razorback...but

Fredi G poorly led talented Brave teams to the shitter..and I wouldn't trust him remembering to breath on his own if humans had to consciously do it.

Good riddance, but it's time to get rid of the rest of the shit going forward too. Long overdue.

We got the biggest W of the season today firing Fredi G....

Our front office needs to be gutted like a razorback...but

Fredi G poorly led talented Brave teams to the shitter..and I wouldn't trust him remembering to breath on his own if humans had to consciously do it.

Good riddance, but it's time to get rid of the rest of the shit going forward too. Long overdue.

Yea I have a feeling it is going to be a long and tough rebuild period for the Braves.

ChiSox finally hitting their first slump as it were with a 3 game losing streak. The positive in this is that they have been competitive in all three games they have lost. I am worried about Rodon as his control which was a factor last season hasn't seemed to improve and the rotation after Sale, Quintana and Latos is really lacking.

Odor got 8 games for his punch and Joey Bats got 1 game for getting punched :troll:

Edited by Bangy

ChiSox now in a four game slump but became the first team since the 79 Astros to turn a triple play in April and May

Chris Sale becomes the first pitcher to go 9-0 since 08 but also joins Sal Maglie from the 52 Giants to go 9-0 with a sub 2 ERA. Only Jose Quintana has a lower ERA in the AL.

I honestly think it is time to say that right now Sale is in the conversation for the best pitcher in baseball, his change from being a strike out pitcher to a slightly more contact pitcher has been an improvement in his pitch effectiveness.

Sale, Kershaw, Arrieta are insane. I'm biased and throw Bumgarner in there because of what he's done in his career

Edit: :smug:

Edited by Bay

Chris Sales perfect season ended at 9 and the slump the ChiSox are enduring at the moment is pretty ruff.

Also what the hell is up with Matt Harvey? Is it a serious reprocessing of the amount of innings last year or something else

Fuck Greinke for going to Arizona. Glad it's not going well.

I want to kick the Cardinals pitching staff in the collective groin, because holy shit they suck. I can't believe they are this bad and I can't believe our offense has been this good.

White Soxs are back to sucking :yao:

Betances, Miller, Chapman in the same bullpen

Deniro-Smile-and-Clap-Taxi-Driver.gif