Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Former Saints DE Will Smith Shot Dead

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/10/new-orleans-saints-will-smith-shot-dead

Witnesses and law enforcement sources have identified a man shot dead in New Orleans on Saturday night as former Saints defensive end Will Smith, The Times-Picayune reports.

According to police, a man was killed and a woman was wounded in a New Orleans double shooting on Saturday night. The female victim sustained gunshot wounds to the leg.

In their report, authorities say the victim was involved in a three-car collision, and was shot multiple times in an ensuing altercation. One of the drivers is in custody and being questioned by police.

CfqVVhqUAAATAh1.jpg

What the fuck. How does do you go from getting read ended to being shot dead. Wonder what was said between them. Too bad.

Former New Orleans Saints DE Will Smith was killed in a shooting in New Orleans

Edited by WeaponX20

Sad world we live in that a fender bender results in someone getting getting shot and killed.. And so sad that those kids will never see there father again

Man, fuck people who do this kind of shit. Hang that fucking Hummer driver in the middle of Bourbon Street for all to see. There have to be real, tangible consequences for shit like this or it will keep happening.

• Downvote 1

Awful.

svqU1aE.jpg

Damn... I hate hearing this and I feel so bad for his family.

RIP

Awful.

svqU1aE.jpg

Small world?

http://deadspin.com/will-smiths-alleged-murderer-is-a-former-high-school-fo-1770144098

Update (12:54 p.m.): The New Orleans Advocate reports Will Smith ate dinner with former New Orleans police captain Billy Ceravolo shortly before being murdered. Ceravolo was a defendant in a high-profile lawsuit filed by Cardell Hayes over the shooting death of Hayes’s father in 2005. The Advocate reports Ceravolo, who was personal friends of both Smith and Pierre Thomas, was not at the scene of the shooting. The original story continues below.

New Orleans police charged Cardell Hayes with murder after last night’s shooting incident that left former Saints Pro Bowl defensive end Will Smith dead and his wife, Racquel, hospitalized. The Times-Picayune reports today the accused killer is a former prep football star in that city.

Scout.com ranked Hayes among its top high school recruits from the state of Louisiana in 2004, though the Times-Picayune notes it’s not clear where Hayes ended up playing college football, if anywhere. Hayes’s original scouting report indicated he had interest from LSU and Florida, among other schools. The paper also reports Hayes appears to have been playing in the Gridiron Developmental Football League, a minor league football organization, as recently as last year.

Police say Hayes got into an altercation with Smith after rear-ending the former Saints star’s Mercedes. Hayes remained at the scene after the shooting to be detained and taken in for questioning.

Update (1:38 p.m.): Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu claims to know the alleged killer:

• Upvote 1

Torture that bastard.

Resorts to killing someone after an accident?

Yeah. This is why people = shit. R.I.P.

• Downvote 1

Here come the reactionary posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

RIP The Real Fresh Prince.

To clarify I'm not defending the murderer. It's clear he did it and it's fucking disgusting that he did. I'm criticizing the Bware/ATL TORTURE HIM KILL HIM IN THE STREETS shitfest that happens every time a crime is big news.

• Upvote 2

Here come the reactionary posts.

Get

the fuck

off

your high horse.

This shit's getting old, cherry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Get

the fuck

off

your high horse.

This shit's getting old, cherry.

The shit is getting old seeing you and ATL have the same KILL HIM HORRIBLY comment every time there is a crime. I'm going to continue calling you guys out on the shit. Saying to hang people or torture people in modern America is fucking silly. That's some backwards medieval shit.

Can I be criticized for defending Greg Hardy or Ray Rice or whoever I have defended in the past from your mob rule shit? By all means sure. I was playing devils advocate in hopes of convincing you why it was silly to say that classic KILL EM stuff. But I'm not defending a murderer. I'm calling out your blatantly reactionary bullshit.

One more time for emphasis. I'm not defending a murderer. I'm calling you out on your blatantly reactionary bullshit.

It's not reactionary to state that somebody who willfully murders somebody else for no reason doesn't deserve to be alive anymore.

It's reactionary to say they should be hung on the street.

Also reactionary to say they should be tortured, referencing what ATL said.

Edited by Chernobyl426

I disagree. This guy could go to Genpop and get pulled apart slowly and he would deserve every last bit of it.

Sounds like the prison has some very bad security if they let the guy get ripped apart in general population. Maybe ATL authorizes it.

• Downvote 2

To hear this yesterday was really damn sad.

Not only have 3 children lost a father and seen their mother be injured, Smith's wife has had to go through seeing her husband be shot dead in front of her. Such a waste of life.

It makes you wonder how people can be so disregarding of others over something as simple as a minor traffic accident.

If you murder someone because you have a temper tantrum behind the wheel you aren't fit for this earth.

If you murder someone because you have a temper tantrum behind the wheel you aren't fit for this earth.

That's fine to believe that, but argue for the death sentence, not meaningless torture. Torture does nothing to help the situation. That's revenge not punishment.

I guarantee if torture was a go to option for punishment that it would be a deterrent.