Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Titans trade #1 pick

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Two weeks before the NFL Draft, the Titans have pulled off a historic trade aimed to “bolster the roster” and better the team for years to come.
The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.
In addition to Tennessee’s No.1 pick this year, the Rams will also receive a fourth-round pick (113) and sixth-round pick (177) in 2016.
As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.
“Being able to acquire six players in the top 76 this year, along with next year when you factor that into it — I am assuming five in the top three rounds — that is 11 players that we can add to this football team that should not only increase our depth, but give us good quality players at all those positions,’’ Titans general manager Jon Robinson said.
“In the end we thought it was a decision that was best for this football team. It made sense for us to do it, and that’s why we moved on it. We talked to several teams about the pick. There was interest in the pick, and in the end we thought this was the option that made the most sense for us...We think we can really bolster this roster with the picks that we now have.”

TL:DR version

Rams get: #1 pick, fourth round pick (#113), sixth round pick (#177)

Titans get: #15 pick, two second round picks (#43 and #45), third round pick (#76), 2017 first round pick, 2017 third round pick

:Banana:

Looks like Carson Wentz is gonna be a Ram.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I don't think Wentz fits the Rams. He needs a solid line to do damage. Goff has much more pocket presence and pro-ready.

Very happy with the move even though it costs a lot. The Rams made a similar move going the other way when they traded #2 to the Redskins. While it definitely made the team better they just ended up in the mediocre team pile. #15, 43, 45, 76, and next year's 1st and 2nd are all potentially good players. But none of them are franchise QBs. That's what it takes to win at the highest level. Goff won't be a Hall of famer but he'll be a consistent borderline top 10 QB.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Is any player going to be worth giving up this kind of haul? You better be getting your Tom Brady, that's for sure.

Is any player going to be worth giving up this kind of haul? You better be getting your Tom Brady, that's for sure.

A franchise QB.

Rams collected on intermediate talent last time they were involved with a trade in the top 3. It didn't do much to help. Might as well go for broke on a guy you believe in.

Word from LA times is that Rams prefer Wentz but there are mixed messages out there. I'll say this, Goff easily fits them much better as a rookie. Wentz is a project. A damn good project but a project.

Holy shit it feels like 2012 again

I know I had the Rams high in their potential to trade up, so I think this move makes sense on both ends. If the Titans cannot make their roster significantly better with these picks though... the joke is on them.

A franchise QB.

Rams collected on intermediate talent last time they were involved with a trade in the top 3. It didn't do much to help. Might as well go for broke on a guy you believe in.

Word from LA times is that Rams prefer Wentz but there are mixed messages out there. I'll say this, Goff easily fits them much better as a rookie. Wentz is a project. A damn good project but a project.

Hence... Tom Brady. Not only do you need your franchise QB, but you need him to be GOOD. Lol. If whomever they choose doesn't pan out, the Rams may just be back in St. Louis in a decade. :smug:

Wentz is apparently the pick. I'm worried about his ability to produce with no line of receiving talent but...

He has an immaculate short and intermediate game and a good frame. If he can absorb information and hold up despite line troubles like some scouts are saying he can I'll be content.

Jon Robinson has so far proven to be a really good GM(granted that can change quickly)...

Too bad we're stuck with Mularkey at HC.

The Rams should be desperate for QB help but they've been very casual about it until now. I guess this is a good way to have a splash going to Los Angeles.

I mean don't get me wrong, they manage to now beat the Browns for the best QB in the draft, it's just a hell of a lot to give up for anyone. They must really be high on Wentz/Goff. It will be interesting to see if this works or its the Reskins all over again.

That said the Titans did really well out of this and they now have enough fire power to move up in the first round later on. Thank you Rams this draft has just gotten interesting.

To be fair RGIII looked like the next great QB until fucktards at Washington got his knees shredded.

ESPN-Mag-Ricky-Ditka.jpg

Just Photoshop it to be Jeff Fisher and Wentz/Goff.

Incredible trade for the Titans. Hate to see a division rival acquire that much ammo... Hopefully they Browns it up with it! :lol:

^Wow. Respect across major sport leagues. That's pretty cool.

Wentz will be fine with no receiving talent. He didn't have any receiving talent at NDSU. The lack of a line does concern me, too, but he did face plenty of pressure last season. Pass pressure isn't foreign to him like it was to Jensen.

^Wow. Respect across major sport leagues. That's pretty cool.

my guess would be that it had a lot to do with the Rams not wanting to ruffle any feathers in LA, but it's still pretty cool

I think it's a good move for both teams. I am also not entirely surprised the Rams are going after Wentz.

I think Goff to be the better player and prospect, but Wentz has the whole "high ceiling" thing going for him. Realistically speaking, and I will be the first to admit if wrong, idt a team is going to, or was going to before this trade just happened, move up for Goff. He's simply not the sexiest pick.

I can think of another Cal quarterback that wasn't deemed a "sexy pick" in 2005. Not saying Goff will be the next Aaron Rodgers, but I too think he will be better than Wentz.

Would be a shame if the Rams get it wrong after selling off their premium picks for these next two drafts.

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 2

Rams have Studman Bailey

Bware pls

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with trading one draft and next years first away for a potential franchise guy who could stay with the Rams for the next 10-15 years.