Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Titans trade #1 pick

Also this means Ramsey won't be the first DB to ever be drafted #1 overall. The streak continues...

Trade draft value chart.

Rams get 3088.6

Titans get 2180 + next years first and third.

Coaches don't use the value chart :shifty:

It's obviously just for reference. :slingblade:

Wow. Hard Knocks just got more interesting.

It appears to be Wentz that they're after, but I think I'm more of a fan of Goff. As Fart said, it would be a shame to pull of this huge trade only to select the worst of the two QBs.

Wouldn't that be some shit? Sell the farm for Wentz...Wentz busts...the Browns just stay put and take Goff...he has a great career...

It's obviously just for reference. :slingblade:

If you're going to the chart you really should include all of the picks, the reference point loses a lot of meaning when a large portion of the trade isn't accounted for in the numbers. I've seen two approaches for future picks, either scoring it in the same draft position the team has this year or score it as a mid-round pick. In this case both are similar since the Rams pick 15th and those picks add about 1100 points to the Titans' side of the ledger.

If you're going to the chart you really should include all of the picks, the reference point loses a lot of meaning when a large portion of the trade isn't accounted for in the numbers. I've seen two approaches for future picks, either scoring it in the same draft position the team has this year or score it as a mid-round pick. In this case both are similar since the Rams pick 15th and those picks add about 1100 points to the Titans' side of the ledger.

Would add like 900-1500 but I wasn't sure where to place them drafting. :shrug:

its an old reference, honestly teams should develop their personal own draft value chart each year because it has to be different each year to match the talent differences in each class.

• Upvote 1

Again....actually coaches don't use it lol

Jimmy Johnson created it way back in the day and it was popular, but it's outdated and there are 32 teams with 32 philosophies. There is never going to be one chart relevant to all teams.

No shit it's just fun to analyze the trade from all perspectives :slingblade:

its an old reference, honestly teams should develop their personal own draft value chart each year because it has to be different each year to match the talent differences in each class.

Yeah, I think that's really what's always bothered me about the trade value chart is it doesn't take into account the varying player pool in each year's draft. I think you have to look at it as what player would you take with each of these picks? Who on your board is likely to be available at each of those picks? When you're trading the #1 you know who you're targeting, so what is it worth to give up the guaranteed shot at Tunsil/Ramsey?

For this year, and I will give the caveat that this is all second hand analysis, it seems like the strength of the draft is in the late-first to early-third rounds, we just went from having two picks in that range to having four, maybe 5 depending on where you draw the line, and we stay in the top half of the first round. Looking at a team with a lot of holes that gives us a fantastic opportunity. And on top of that we now have two first round picks in 2017, something no other team can say right now.

Edited by oochymp

from Paul Kuharsky at ESPN (part of a longer post):

Tennessee Titans GM Jon Robinson has done fantastic work so far - Tennessee Titans Blog- ESPN

I’ve talked with three high-ranking personnel men with other teams and they all like the deal. One said while it might lose on every chart, that we should scrap the charts here. The Titans can get five or six legitimate players and possibly four starters in this draft.

I can think of another Cal quarterback that wasn't deemed a "sexy pick" in 2005. Not saying Goff will be the next Aaron Rodgers, but I too think he will be better than Wentz.

Would be a shame if the Rams get it wrong after selling off their premium picks for these next two drafts.

Ya, I don't know what it is, but I have just not bought into what Wentz is selling. Nobody really knows for sure, but it should be interesting to keep watching all of this play out.

I'm happy with this trade. Hoping we can find ourselves some diamonds in the rough.

Yeah.....I still can't believe this actually happened

The only reason people doubt Wentz is because he played in the FCS. If he played at a FBS School there'd be no question who the #1 QB prospect is

• Upvote 1

The only reason people doubt Wentz is because he played in the FCS. If he played at a FBS School there'd be no question who the #1 QB prospect is

Amen. Goff would be so far ahead of Wentz if he (Wentz) played in a real conference.

I don't think you understand how most people scout. The traits you look for in a QB are there or not there regardless of the talent they face. Literally nobody is saying Wentz sucks cause FCS sucks. Get off your QBs dick and analyze them both fairly.

• Upvote 1

I think the Titans win this trade regardless of who the Rams take at #1.

Depth is something that cannot be overcome...this draft has no true franchise players at QB...so as long as the Titans don't take guys that will have off-field issues or medical issues, they should be providing a solid foundation going forward for Mariota and that defense.

I'm most interested in seeing the ripple effect that happens now knowing a QB will be taken first overall.

I think it's unfair to say there is a winner in this trade. Rams can go get a QB finally. Titans can stock up on shitloads of potential starters. Unless Rams take Bosa or some shit it's pretty fair.

I think it's unfair to say there is a winner in this trade. Rams can go get a QB finally. Titans can stock up on shitloads of potential starters. Unless Rams take Bosa or some shit it's pretty fair.

A QB for what? Only to get brutalized behind a mediocre offensive line with no weapons and only Todd Gurley in the backfield?

Rams have lost Laurinitas, Long, and Jenkins. Production wise that may not mean a whole lot..but leadership wise it could make a difference with how well that defense plays when it's crunch time for them.

Rams need to be focusing on building a complete team before they trade up for an unproven college QB. They are more than a QB away from winning a title...lmao. No matter what happens they still are behind the Seahawks and Cards for a few more years. Not a smart trade.

If it's Wentz that is very well what could happen. I have faith in Goff though to do fine behind that line. He is one of the best pocket presence guys to come out in a while.

Hayes should replace Long fine but I'm worried about losing Jenkins and McLeod. Maybe Rams can snag a guy like DHC or Green later on in the draft and start him immediately.

The Rams tried building a complete team rather than getting a QB the last time they had the opportunity. It took them from a 4-12 team to a 7-9 team. At the end of the day if the Rams get an effective QB that they can build around for the next 10-15 years then we'll see a very solid team start to take hold. They have all the other cornerstones. A franchise RB. Two great defensive linemen. Ogletree will be the MLB for the next 6-8 years and do fine. Trumaine Johnson will continue to be a solid CB for years to come as well. Just need legit QB.

Unless Wentz is Drew Brees or Tom Brady, he won't fare well without WR's or an O-line. Just saying.

All you have is RB and DL...everything else is mediocre at best.