Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Titans trade #1 pick

Depends who they like man

Well. Looking at it through the shitty Rams FO attention whore standpoint...you have a Cal boy at your fingertips. Couldn't be a better PR move for them.

• Upvote 1

At least we know that no matter what the pick is, it'll be better than Manziel.

I disagree. And you are looking at drama in completely the negative connotation of it. Which is fine, as it could be portrayed as negative, but I think that would be more from a fans perspective. From the team perspective, I think the drama is more positive. It reflects the attention and excitement. It gets people talking about the Rams. If they announced who they were taking for sure, today... It would be hype for a couple days and then die. Once the draft actually gets here, everyone will know who the pick is and THEN we can start talking about that one guy. If he is as good as the Rams hope, we will have more than enough time to talk about them once they are officially in a Rams uniform. This pre-draft stuff? This is the time of year for hype and venturing into the unknown.

Internally, I do believe the Rams know who they want. But as far as promoting a new franchise in LA, I think it would be dumb to announce it now as we sit weeks away from them being on the clock. Just my .o2 of course.

Agree to disagree.

To me the talking heads can build this up and debate and all this other stuff, but fans aren't really going to be excited by getting into that conversation. Would be more nerve-racking for me if I was in their shoes. Especially with L.A. where there isn't a huge fan base because there hasn't been a team in awhile. And a place where there are a million things to do and fighting to fill seats has been cited as a potential issue. I think if you name your player...especially if it's Goff....then you can create a serious buzz and get him over there now for the fans to see and really get hyped for having him as their leader. The suspense of the draft is cool for us and everything, but I think for this unique situation it would be best to say who you are going with.

My thought is they are waiting to have the contract finished before announcing.

My thought is they are waiting to have the contract finished before announcing.

But the way rookie contracts are now that's not really much of a concern

But the way rookie contracts are now that's not really much of a concern

I'm not saying it will be hard, just saying thats when we will probably hear about it.

Why would that stop them from announcing who the pick is? Not saying you are wrong, just not really sure why that would stop them.

Maybe I don't count cause I'm not in LA but I like waiting until draft night, Butta.

IIRC when we find out about the pick....from the team....before the draft it is usually after they agreed on a deal.

In case anyone's wondering, here are the players taken in our mock draft (obviously this is ridiculous because the picks were made with the wrong team's needs considered, but it's still fun)

Rams get: Jalen Ramsey (#1), James Cowser (#113), Anthony Zettel (#177)

Titans get: Mackensie Alexander (#15; picked by Dallas), Ryan Kelly (#43), Connor Cook (#45; picked by Dallas), Joshua Perry (#76; picked by Dallas), 2017 first round pick, 2017 third round pick

Note: picks #15, 45, and 76 were packaged to Dallas for the #4, which was used to select Paxton Lynch

Totally irrelevant, but, I'd be laughing too damn hard if a team traded all the way up to number 1 to grab a DB.

Unless if it was the Lions, then I'd stop watching sports all together. :mjtears:

• Upvote 1

Honestly, if anyone was gonna do it it'd be Fisher

At least Ramsey is my #2 guy on the board :welp:

A lot of buzz going now that the Titans are trying to trade back into the top 10. Depending on the compensation, I'm not sure I'd be a fan of that if I were a Titans fan. You loaded up on picks in a draft where the money is in rounds 2-3; take advantage.

Every year, we as fans become convinced we're playing Madden and that the only rock star players are in the top 5-10 picks, but history clearly shows that's not true.

A lot of buzz going now that the Titans are trying to trade back into the top 10. Depending on the compensation, I'm not sure I'd be a fan of that if I were a Titans fan. You loaded up on picks in a draft where the money is in rounds 2-3; take advantage.

Every year, we as fans become convinced we're playing Madden and that the only rock star players are in the top 5-10 picks, but history clearly shows that's not true.

Lots of variables at play, I'm sure no trade will happen until draft day (gotta see who falls) but I wouldn't mind seeing us move back up for someone we're targeting. Robinson said we were zeroing in on someone for the top pick, if that person falls out of the top five I wouldn't mind moving back up.

Tunsil and Ramsey are still big plays and possibilities -- especially Tunsil IMO.

I don't think the Titans are sold on Tunsil. It just doesn't make sense to move Lewan.

Watching Mariota get the snot beat out of him week in and week out means that it makes sense to me. Not saying the Titans think Tunsil is the answer -- as I believe there are some quality depth options along the oline in this draft, but would be far from shocked.

Lewan is the one consistently good player on the line(well, from last year. Ben Jones at C adds a 2nd), so no, he doesn't "need" to be moved from LT. However, if Tunsil were as good as most say he's going to be, then you'd move Lewan to RT and let Tunsil take LT. I think Tunsil is the only prospect in this draft that you'd consider moving Lewan over for.

As it stands now the line was upgraded quite a bit just by the acquisition of Ben Jones. We've been without a good center for all but one year since Mawae retired(which was 2012 when Velasco started at C). Lewan, Jones and Warmack are 3 stable starters at their positions(Warmack should be made that much better by having a competent center next to him). I think ideally you grab an OT in the draft whether it be Tunsil or Decker or someone else, put them at RT, and then either sign Vasquez to play LG or let Byron Bell start there again, where he played decently last year. Poutasi is also an option to start at LG, as he showed last year at RT he's got enough power to play in the NFL, but was incapable of dealing with speed rushers.

A starting OLine of Lewan-Bell(maybe Poutasi, maybe Vasquez)-Jones-Warmack-DraftPick, assuming the draft pick is as good as they're supposed to be, wouldn't be the best o-line in football, but it should be a solid one.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Decker would fit hella nice on that right side. RT by nature in my opinion, and he could be available at #15.

• Upvote 1

Lewan is the one consistently good player on the line(well, from last year. Ben Jones at C adds a 2nd), so no, he doesn't "need" to be moved from LT. However, if Tunsil were as good as most say he's going to be, then you'd move Lewan to RT and let Tunsil take LT. I think Tunsil is the only prospect in this draft that you'd consider moving Lewan over for.

As it stands now the line was upgraded quite a bit just by the acquisition of Ben Jones. We've been without a good center for all but one year since Mawae retired(which was 2012 when Velasco started at C). Lewan, Jones and Warmack are 3 stable starters at their positions(Warmack should be made that much better by having a competent center next to him). I think ideally you grab an OT in the draft whether it be Tunsil or Decker or someone else, put them at RT, and then either sign Vasquez to play LG or let Byron Bell start there again, where he played decently last year. Poutasi is also an option to start at LG, as he showed last year at RT he's got enough power to play in the NFL, but was incapable of dealing with speed rushers.

A starting OLine of Lewan-Bell(maybe Poutasi, maybe Vasquez)-Jones-Warmack-DraftPick, assuming the draft pick is as good as they're supposed to be, wouldn't be the best o-line in football, but it should be a solid one.

I can understand what you are saying, but I don't think you risk taking a promising player like Lewan off track by switching his positions. For some guys its simple, but some guys completely mentally break down going to a different side of the line. I think Lewan has the attitude and strength to be a RT, but no reason to chance a proven commodity for a rookie who to me isn't even the best tackle in this draft.

I already called Taylor Decker to Titans @ #15 and I'm sticking with it.

Edited by butta54

Rams O-line.

Greg Robinson. Rodger Saffold. Tim Barnes. Jamon Brown. Rob Havenstein. RIP if it's Wentz.

I don't see what makes Goff more ready for the NFL. Looking to the sidelines between plays and being told what to do isn't exactly great NFL preparation