Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Browns trade #2 pick

now I really want to see LA take Wentz :troll:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

now I really want to see LA take Wentz :troll:

So do I. :yep:

If LA takes Wentz I need to be put on suicide watch.

another interesting note on this trade: since the Eagles included pick #100 in the Fourth both of the picks involved in the DeMarco Murray trade have now been traded again (we sent #113 to LA)

Browns may take Paxton #8 if he's there. Fucking brilliant. Browns finally doing it.

So the Iggles didn't want to make this exact trade for Mariota who is a lot better qb coming out of college but do for Wentz or Goff..... :troll:

So the Iggles didn't want to make this exact trade for Mariota who is a lot better qb coming out of college but do for Wentz or Goff..... :troll:

where'd you come up with this? everything I saw about last year's draft said the Titans weren't willing to deal

• Upvote 1

where'd you come up with this? everything I saw about last year's draft said the Titans weren't willing to deal

If I'm correct the Eagles didn't offer any where near as much for Mariota as they have here. They offered so much more here than they did last year

Which was last year's 1st and 2nd round picks and this year's first.

Edited by Bangy

If LA takes Wentz I need to be put on suicide watch.

ROFL Wentz is a better fit for LA than Goff.

Uh? No?

Wentz needs a good line and time to develop. Can't be thrown in the fire immediately and expect to survive behind that patchwork line. Goff can start day one and has the pocket presence and pro readiness to not die back there.

Why is that? I think they'd rather have a starting QB over the destined to flame out one.

I just think you take the guy with the most potential in your offense. Wentz has the arm and mobility to maximize play action after Gurley gashes people, is smart enough to handle protections and adjustments, and has more physical tools at his disposal than Goff. I'd say it's Goff who needs a more stable line at the NFL level. When you consider the offensive pieces each had around them to work with, Wentz faced tougher defenses at the college level.

Wentz is significantly more prepared to work with sub-par receiving options

Edited by BwareDWare94

Never did I think I'd see the day where the Browns would trade back in a draft...

And it's an even sweeter day because the Eagles just one upped the Browns in the dumbest team in the league with this trade.

It's bad enough to trade up to #1 for a meh player...it's worse going to #2 for a player that you don't need, nor will make a difference like 4 potential quality starters would for a team.

Rams and Eagles are the laughingstocks of the NFL.

I just think you take the guy with the most potential in your offense. Wentz has the arm and mobility to maximize play action after Gurley gashes people, is smart enough to handle protections and adjustments, and has more physical tools at his disposal than Goff. I'd say it's Goff who needs a more stable line at the NFL level. When you consider the offensive pieces each had around them to work with, Wentz faced tougher defenses at the college level.

Wentz is significantly more prepared to work with sub-par receiving options

That's potential though. Rams just traded the house for a franchise QB. Wentz has more potential but Goff is nearly a lock to do decent. I strongly disagree that Goff needs a better line. His ability to deliver from a collapsing pocket and run an offense under pressure is second to none in this class. Wentz struggled when protection broke down and he had to make shit happen on his own. If he has a solid line he can throw perfect passes on the money all day. But I don't think he will have that protection and I don't want to see him mentally break by year two because the Rams let him get beat to shit.

Don't complain about FCS bias against Wentz and then use Wentz' situation to say he took on tougher defenses. NDSU is a multiple time defending champion yes? He had more than enough talent to work with if he is going up against teams at the same level.

You should take some time to watch the tape on Wentz's receivers. They were that sub-par

You should take some time to watch the tape on Wentz's receivers. They were that sub-par

So is everyone that isn't Wentz or Haeg out there. That's the tendency in FCS football. Guys are sub-par talents. I saw more than enough on what Wentz was working with. It's what makes his accuracy and ball placement so impressive.

Browns may take Paxton #8 if he's there. Fucking brilliant. Browns finally doing it.

Nah, I think taking a gamble on a third rounder (at best) at #8 would actually hold true to the Browns reputation.

Not a huge fan of this trade for either team. I don't trust the Browns to make good picks and they finally had the opportunity to grab a good young QB. And it's looking like it'll be Goff at #2, who should be pretty good IMO.

Also: Remember when the Browns had two first round picks and took Justin Gilbert & Johnny Manziel? Yeah...

As far as the Eagles go - This trade isn't bad but it's not great either simply because they had to give up so much to move up. I guess it's the price you pay but for a team that seemingly lack depth already........this should only further hinder them. Plus they have given ludicrous contracts to two QBs already this offseason. :shrug:

Nah, I think taking a gamble on a third rounder (at best) at #8 would actually hold true to the Browns reputation.

Not a huge fan of this trade for either team. I don't trust the Browns to make good picks and they finally had the opportunity to grab a good young QB. And it's looking like it'll be Goff at #2, who should be pretty good IMO.

Also: Remember when the Browns had two first round picks and took Justin Gilbert & Johnny Manziel? Yeah...

As far as the Eagles go - This trade isn't bad but it's not great either simply because they had to give up so much to move up. I guess it's the price you pay but for a team that seemingly lack depth already........this should only further hinder them. Plus they have given ludicrous contracts to two QBs already this offseason. :shrug:

What do you mean by taking a gamble on a third rounder at #8?

I am sure the Eagles did their homework and they probably even spoke to the Rams... BUt by making this trade, are they saying they are okay with whoever falls to them regardless of it being Goff or Wentz?

Eagles executive VP of football operations Howie Roseman confirmed Philadelphia will select a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft.

It'll be either North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz or Cal QB Jared Goff. "Only way you can make this trade is if you're totally comfortable with both guys," Roseman said after executing the trade with the Browns. It's possible the Eagles have spoken with the Rams and have intel on which quarterback they'll be taking at No. 1. Signs point to Goff going to L.A. and Wentz to Philly.

So, you give Bradford $22 mil guaranteed with his new deal, you give Chase Daniel $12 mil guaranteed, and then you swap this year's first, third, and fourth round picks, in addition to next year's 1st, and a 2nd in 2018, for the #2 pick this year and a 4th, all to take....another QB?

:confuzzled: