Cherry

General 2016 NFL Draft Discussion

I take Jaylon over Jack in just about every category expect maybe straight-line speed in a race.

Jaylon is a freak athlete himself, I think way stronger than Jack, has great pass rushing ability off the edge, and is much much more advance at reading his keys as a LB.

I wouldn't make Jaylon a safety or anything...so no he doesn't have the versatility Jack has, but he would be elite at his position.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133849/reggie-ragland

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reports that Alabama LB Reggie Ragland was flagged for an enlarged aorta.

The condition requires yearly monitoring, according to RapSheet, and has caused some teams to push Ragland down the board a bit. "Ragland's enlarged aorta is not expected to alter his football career," Rapaport reported based on conversations with seven teams. In their final mock drafts, Rotoworld's Josh Norris had Ragland going No. 27 to the Packers and Thor Nystrom didn't mock Ragland into the first round.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133481/jack-conklin

The New York Daily News' Gary Myers reports the Giants will "for sure" select an offensive tackle at No. 10 and it "looks like (Michigan State OT) Jack Conklin."

Nobody can quite get a finger on what the Giants are up to. For a spell, they were thought to be leaning receiver at 10. For another spell, it was Ezekiel Elliott. Earlier this week, it was Myles Jack. Then, the report that Jack was off their board and Leonard Floyd was the target. Now, the team might be thinking offensive line, a sore spot. Giants GM Jerry Reese was aggressive in free agency and is entering this year's draft with his mind open.

I really hope the Bucs come away with a pass rusher tonight, but I haven't paid attention to the draft like normal so I have no real preferences.

Zeke wore a crop top to the draft... Dude is a Cowboy through and through.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Jarran Reed and Germain Ifedi are still on the board through 20. We gotta not wait to replace the departed lineman. Please fall to us.

Fun fact, we have fewer first round picked players on our team than any other. We never pick in the first round, but we better come through here and not screw around.

Edited by BC

Pretty much every player I was even remotely interested in is still available.

Vikings gonna get Jack

Figured we'd lose Alex Boone. He's on the Vikings now, huh. Enjoy that boy Bware. Guess that's why we traded up for a guard. That one dude who started last year was one of the worst interior linemen in the league. Jordan Devey lol

Kenny Clark. Wow.

Packers are good at drafting players ahead of where they probably will go. It worked for us last year, so I am hoping it does this year. Replacement for Raji!

Not really a fan of VH3 but w/e. If we can land some pass rusher or 2 on Day 2, Ill be ok with it.

I know that Chip went back to the Oregon well, however I actually rate this pick and think Buckner is a perfect fit for the 49ers. You have to remember that both Armstead and Buckner were edge rushers for the Ducks at the same time. They will know how each other works and having Armstead on the over side of Buckner imo will help the transition into the NFL.

They have a great potential for a nice Dline in a few years.

The Giant's pick stumped the hell out of me. I get that Jack was ruled out as the first pick due to his knee, that I get. They wanted either Conklin or Floyd but they were both gone by that point. Ok cool I understand that.

However, picking Eli Apple over Hargreaves has confused the hell out of me. Hargreaves is the better of the two CB's and the guy who would have fitted better with the Giants. So if you are going to to CB why go with Apple?

I woke up up confused after going to bed excited.

I love how analysts immediately grade picks. As if your perceived value means jack shit compared to the majority of teams. And they do it with an air of certainty that borders on arrogance, it's hilarious. Still remember them giving the Hawks 2012 draft a D-/F grade.

• Upvote 2

Cody Kessler coming to save the Browns!

CODY FUCKING KESSLER IS A DAY TWO PICK AND A STARTER. BEST BROWNS QB EVER.

• Upvote 2

Grading drafts is so stupid...unless its 3 years later :smug:

c4jt321.png

Razor after round one.

• Upvote 2

Nah that's me right now.

I love how analysts immediately grade picks. As if your perceived value means jack shit compared to the majority of teams. And they do it with an air of certainty that borders on arrogance, it's hilarious. Still remember them giving the Hawks 2012 draft a D-/F grade.

I don't agree with the idea of using a letter grade as a means of grading picks but I think discussing how a guy fits and the potential development for their next few years is plenty fine.

I've missed the entire last two days due to having mid terms so I'm just getting caught up... Only pick I've liked thus far from the Lions is the addition of Johnson. I appreciate the attempt to fill a "need" by drafting Decker, and Glasgow, but Glasgow is garbage, and Decker... Eh, seems like a better fit at RT from the games I saw.

Thus far I'd say the "winners" are:

Jaguars - Though I don't really care for Jack
Vikings
Cowboys
Rams
Bengals
Broncos
Eagles

I wanna add the Dolphins on there because I love the selection, but idk about the trade up itself.

Seeing Hack go so early is pretty mind numbing, Only the Jets. And I love me some Brissett, but... The 3rd rd? Nah. Lol at Cody Kessler taking his water gun to the midwest. Seeing Cook on the board still isn't all that surprising... Looks like I've been missing an entertaining draft thus far.

Agreed with Thanatos' mini-rant on grading picks with "value." A few years from now, all people care about is whether or not you drafted a good player. Obviously each team thinks they're getting good value according to their draft board.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

Hack with Chan Gailey... One of the best spots for him, IMO. Best of luck, Jets fans. :yep:

I think Glasgow has some great potential and talent