Cherry

General 2016 NFL Draft Discussion

Not sure how I feel about trading all those picks but we got our guy and we picked a decent interior offensive lineman which is huge. I'd be good with offensive line for the rest of the draft tbh.

Connor Cook jackassed his way to being a third day selection.

At some point you gotta think about the way you treat people. I'd love to see him go completely undrafted.

Wondering where Vernon Adams goes if be goes at all today

Jarran Reed and Germain Ifedi are still on the board through 20. We gotta not wait to replace the departed lineman. Please fall to us.

Got em both :smug: And I took Jarran Reed 26th in our mock, so great value. Glad to see these holes plugged. Cringing at knowing our center won't be very good (again), especially with Aaron Donald in the division. Loving everything I'm learning about Prosise and Vannett. They seem like they could out-perform their selections.

31. Germain Ifedi. OT. A&M

97. Jarran Reed. DT. Alabama.

90. CJ Prosise. RB. Notre Dame.

94. Nick Vannett. TE. Ohio State.

97. Rees Odhiambo. G. Boise State.

I'd say :Seahawks: are about at a B grade for our draft for the moment, if any of you would agree with that. The trade down 4 spots to grab Ifedi and then pick up that extra 3rd to snag Prosise and Vannett both was classic Schneider.

Would love for sleepers Terron Beckham and Moritz Boehringer to come aboard.

Edited by BC

Tyler Ervin reminds me of Darren Sproles. :notbad:

The theme of this Texans draft has been speed, speed, and more speed. The ghost of Al Davis has possessed Rick Smith. :yao:

I don't agree with the idea of using a letter grade as a means of grading picks but I think discussing how a guy fits and the potential development for their next few years is plenty fine.

Why should I believe a bunch of armchair scouts who are proven wrong time and time again and yet continue to act like their knowledge trumps those of teams who've done a hell of a lot more research than they have?

If the team in question has proven to be bad at drafting, then fine, their picks are questionable. Otherwise, acting like the media's arbitrary ranking of players actually means jack shit is just arrogance. Obviously NFL teams don't agree that Andrew Billings is a 6.0, for example, or he would have gone prior to the fourth round.

I get really annoyed that year after year they do this crap. Year after year, time proves: the draft is a crapshoot, analysts don't know jack, and teams know only a bit more than that. Yet they continue to act like their voice is the most important, and dear god, why did that team pass on this person that Chad Reuter thinks is better than the person they drafted? Don't they know who Chad Reuter is? Clearly, they deserve a C grade for that pick. Should have gone with the guy the armchair scout claimed was better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Panthers are on their knees praying on of the 50 corners they drafted can help them.

Also, Packers trying for the whitest team in the NFL. Watch out, Patriots... WE COMIN FOR YOU.

Because everyone has differing opinions on players and the way they work out for teams. Every scout has misses and hits. Nobody is perfect, and people are willing to stand on the table for their guy. You can't blindly defend one front office while saying it's understandable to criticize others who have made mistakes. The Panthers spent a 2nd rounder on Clausen. Hits and misses.

Trash the media all you want but these guys do their research and put in the work like a legitimate NFL team would. They are former GMs and scouts who have a shitload of credibility at the NFL level.

If you want to be in the conversation watch tape for yourself and see how you like players. But until you do your own homework you shouldn't be trashing others who do theirs just because you have faith in your teams FO.

This is way broader than that. It's how they act like teams should have listened to them and drafted a player they have rated higher five minutes after the draft. You don't have a clue who's going to be a bust and who isn't. I bet you I could flip a coin and go down rounds and I'd be within 10% of the average for busts/booms. The draft is a crapshoot and the media and draftniks just love to pretend otherwise despite being proven wrong year after year. People make fun of weathermen for being off, lol. Draftniks are waaay worse.

Edited by Thanatos

It depends on who you're talking about. If you're referring to people who just watch YouTube highlights and bitch on Twitter sure. I think it's understandable to discuss and question how or why a guy fits on a team. Trust me I'm all for criticizing people for making judgements when they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. That's why I don't drop guys for injuries or off the field issues. If I did I'd be slinging shit at the wall. I don't have access to medical records or interviews like NFL teams have. But tape is widely available and worth being talked about.

With not giving a single fuck about the draft, I just discovered the Pats drafted a black QB in the 3rd round...

63p0KXD.gif

Eagles managed to pick 8 times despite the move for Wentz. They managed to get guys they were targeting because I think they brought most of these guys on visits so it seems like they had a good plan this off season. I can't realm speak to the quality of the picks since I've only read a couple paragraph summaries on all the picks. One thing I'm not crazy about is gambling on players with character issues but hopefully it all works out. Seems like we were able to hit on positions of need in both free agency and the draft. So far so good as far as I'm concerned at this point.

Us drafting Cook to cockblock half the league was the best.

Getting a guy named jihad was pretty cool too.

Overall I am happy with the Giant's draft, Upon review I would have liked them to go someone like Treadwell in the first then focus CB in the second as I am still no sold what so ever on Apple but needs were filled and there are some players that can come in and improve the team straight away

I also found it cool that after Mayock contacted the Vikings they drafted MoBo

:cigar:

BC, on 01 May 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:
Here's a continuously updated list of every teams UDFAs
Connor Wujciak, DT, Boston College
I know this kid :yep:
Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1