Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Predict the Season 2016

The Saints went 12-4 three years ago. Prior to two years ago, no one had ever won the NFCS back to back. The last two years it's been bad, prior to that it was one of the top 2 or 3 divisions in the NFL.

Three years ago does not matter. That is why the Panthers have been winning the division.

As much as Norman's departure can potentially hurt Carolina, nobody in the league can contend with those monster pass catchers. Not even sure the Broncos defense from Las year could. I don't see how you can really stop their passing attack unless you can just beat the breaks of their offensive line and only rush 4. Cam's just gonna be throwing alley oops to these guys.

The receivers aren't really that good outside of Benjamin and Olsen. Ginn is a deep ball threat but there's little outside of that to make them overwhelming. Carolina exist on the ground and pound + a defense that forces turnovers and big plays.

The receivers aren't really that good outside of Benjamin and Olsen. Ginn is a deep ball threat but there's little outside of that to make them overwhelming. Carolina exist on the ground and pound + a defense that forces turnovers and big plays.

Love it. Heard that 3 straight years now. Keep telling our WR core they're no good. Seattle heard the same thing, too. :D

Edited by Thanatos

Love it. Heard that 3 straight years now. Keep telling our WR core they're no good. Seattle heard the same thing, too. :D

Kelvin Benjamin is good.

Devin Funchess is a starter and didn't reach 500 yards last year.

Corey Brown didn't reach 500 yards.

Ted Ginn is a good deep threat but that's it. He only had 44 receptions, and most of his yards and TDs came on bombs.

Bersin had 9 receptions.

Stephen Hill hasn't caught a pass since 2013.

Damiere Byrd has never caught a pass.

I'll be generous and talk about the TEs, as they are potentially your best receiving threats.

Greg Olsen is good.

Ed Dickson isn't terrible but he isn't a big receiving threat. He hasn't gotten more than 25 receptions in a year since 2011.

But please, tell me how your WR corps don't care what anyone thinks for the past three years. You're Bware'ing for them and making a bunch of #5 receivers seem like #2s and #3s. Seattle had a better group, and even Seattle fans can admit they won a ring with defense and run game, not an impressive WR group.

You're dinging Carolina because of their WR core as if that's going to keep them from wining. Clearly, that hasn't been the case. You claim that the Panthers only win the division because tis bad, as if anyone was going to catch 15-1 last year and two years prior to that, the division wasn't bad. But please, keep claiming the South is a terrible division because of two down years and that's why the Panthers are winning, not because they have a good team. Thus why your argument makes no sense, and thus why I'm laughing.

Edited by Thanatos

Other than the Panthers going 15-1 last year the best record in the past two has been the 8-8 Falcons. Panthers probably win division. Maybe even get 11 or 12 wins if the games fall right. They are the best team in the South. But the South has been shit for two years.

So you admit their wide receivers suck?

Edited by Chernobyl426

Reading the Cherruh and Than back-and-forth like:

BCDYv.gif

Edited by FartWaffles

Reading the Cherruh and Than back-and-forth like:

BCDYv.gif

Like arguing with a brick wall of homerism.

• Upvote 2

I just love people, offseason after offseason, claiming the Panthers can't keep winning because they don't have a good WR core. Clearly, not the case. And if the idea that getting our #1 WR back improves out offense dramatically is now considered to be a "homer" then count me a homer, lol. Guess the Packers offense won't be improved that much by Jordy Nelson's return either, then? (Not saying KB = Jordy, just that your #1 WR lets all your other WRs move "down" a slot- i.e. Ted Ginn will be covered by #2 CBs, not #1, etc.)

It's kinda like the broken records on NFL.com constantly claiming the Saints and/or Falcons and/or Bucs will take out the Panthers every offseason for the past three years. At some point, you're just saying things for clicks,not because it makes any logical sense.

It's not as bad as them constantly saying the Patriots will lose the AFC East though.

The Panthers can't keep winning because:

They have 5 rookies starting in their secondary.

Cam Newton cries like I make waffles, very homosexually.

Jonathan Stewart is officially an old man at runningback.

Michael Oher is still the blind side.

The Panthers can keep winning because

Man those linebackers though.

• Upvote 1

The Panthers can't keep winning because:

They have 5 rookies starting in their secondary.

Cam Newton cries like I make waffles, very homosexually.

Jonathan Stewart is officially an old man at runningback.

Michael Oher is still the blind side.

The Panthers can keep winning because

Man those linebackers though.

What? Are you crying because your waffles are bad? Or are you being abused while making your waffles? And why are you doing it homosexually? These questions need answers.

Because they're belgian.

I just love people, offseason after offseason, claiming the Panthers can't keep winning because they don't have a good WR core. Clearly, not the case. And if the idea that getting our #1 WR back improves out offense dramatically is now considered to be a "homer" then count me a homer, lol. Guess the Packers offense won't be improved that much by Jordy Nelson's return either, then? (Not saying KB = Jordy, just that your #1 WR lets all your other WRs move "down" a slot- i.e. Ted Ginn will be covered by #2 CBs, not #1, etc.)

It's kinda like the broken records on NFL.com constantly claiming the Saints and/or Falcons and/or Bucs will take out the Panthers every offseason for the past three years. At some point, you're just saying things for clicks,not because it makes any logical sense.

It's not as bad as them constantly saying the Patriots will lose the AFC East though.

Because they very nearly did lose it year before last year with what was essentially the same team. If my memory is correct, you guys were a missed Mike Nugent FG away from being 7-9 and missing playoffs that year. That's with Kelvin even. The Panthers aren't a bad team by any means. Last year we saw what happens when the big games go their way. See: Packers, Seahawks, and so on. That team went 15-1 while having around 13-14 games they should have won. I say 13-14 because they had a cakewalk schedule outside of a couple division leaders. They should've been 8-0 against NFC East and AFC South, 6-0 in NFC South, and 0-2 against Seattle & GB. Instead as you know they went 8-0, 5-1, and 2-0; along with cleaning up in the playoffs. The year before last we saw what happend when bigger games didn't go the Panthers way. 7-8-1 and sent home in divisional. The Panthers schedule this year is much tougher. Starting with the team that dominated them in the super bowl last year.

The only problem with your theory is that the Panthers went 12-4 in 2013. They were a good team then. Injuries hit them in 2014 and as a result we were starting some people we really shouldn't have. Newton was also playing through injury the entire 2014 season from a hit he took in preseason. They started 2014 3-8-1. Since then they have lost three games.They made a bevy of changes in week 13 after the loss to the Vikings and it paid off.

Your statement of us having a tougher schedule is meaningless at this point in the year. We don't know that. Last year we had a tough schedule before the games actually started too.

Carolina beat Denver in every stat except the score and turnovers. That fluky special teams play plus the turnovers resulted in 18 of Denver's 24 points.

The idea that Denver was some juggernaut last year was a fallacy. They just had everything go right for them. They were getting their asses kicked by New England and then the Patriots fumbled a punt. The Steelers offense absolutely lit up that defense the first time, and they got extremely lucky they didn't have to deal with AB, (who torched Chris Harris in their first matchup) or LeVeon Bell or DeAngelo Williams and with Big Ben hurting- and despite those three major injuries, the Steelers still probably win the playoff game if their third string RB holds onto the football.

Then we have the Patriots, who can clinch HFA by beating Miami, (or by not losing to the Eagles in one of the flukiest games I've ever seen earlier in the year), and they get dominated by the Dolphins, which gives Denver homefield. Gronk is then having to get oxygen by the third quarter in the AFCCG because of Mile High's atmosphere. Not to mention the Patriots had a bevy of injuries on the offensive line- plus Deion Lewis getting hurt, which was huge- and the Patriots center was telegraphing the snap count by moving his head right before the snap, which allowed Von Miller and Ware to get off the line about two milliseconds after the actual snap.

The Broncos caught lightning in a bottle last year. They weren't the best team in the league, merely the one who won the last game.

I sincerely hope John Elway is stupid enough to throw Paxton Lynch to the wolves and start him week 1. But I doubt it.

Edited by Thanatos

They better not throw Lynch to the wolves right away. No way a kid who's never even called a protection can learn Kubiak's offense and how to be a pro in 4-5 months. Sanchez can keep them afloat.

I very much disagree with your thought that Denver wasn't the best team last season. That defense was simply incredible over a 3 game stretch, but like all great defenses since Baltimore 2000, they weren't damn near invincible like that unit. They had bad moments, but then they held Pittsburgh, New England and Carolina to I think less than 50 points combined. That is an accomplishment of a great defense. You're also forgetting that Denver was putting up with how bad DThomas was in the playoffs last year. Dude couldn't catch a fat kid in a game of tag. We know their offense wasn't great, but their most dangerous weapon played like shit all postseason, too.

Panthers secondary will get exposed, but who cam deal with all those huge pass catchers? If Cam can hit back shoulder fades everybody is in some very serious trouble.

The Patriots are also short Chandler Jones and I think not having a top flight pass rusher is going to cause them some serious problems. Like I know Brady has been saying he's gonna play into his mid 40's, but that's just not feasible. The offensive line has been an issue as well, and while they have a lot of talent at the skill positions, something is just screaming collapse to me. Browns may be optimistic, but as I went through the schedule it was like "Yeah they could win this game. This one too. Holy shit are they competing for the playoffs?" They've got the NFC East and AFC East for out of division games, so that may be a few extra wins on their side.

The Colts have always been an overachieving 8-8 team, and last year was the first year where their play matched their win total. 4-12 might be a little low, but they've definitely got a hard schedule to deal with, facing the AFC West and NFC North. And I will guarantee the Panthers win less than 12 games next year.

People have been saying this shit for YEARS now. Pats lost X players, AFC East rivals got stronger through draft and FA, Brady's getting older, this is the year they finally fall off, etc etc. Every fucking year lol.

Pats win 12-13 games. Business as usual.

Won't disagree. Had a good year in 2013. That's around Panthers should be talent wise. 11-5 division winner type of team. The only "tough" team last year that changed is Cowboys with Romo getting hurt. Colts were extremely overrated and bulldozed an easy division for years.

And Carolina led the league in turnovers forced last year with an insane 39. That's a large part of why their defense was kicking so much ass.

Denver was a defensive juggernaut for the most part. Despite having lower turnovers forced count than the Panthers they consistently stifled teams with excellent pass rush and good DBs.

The Patriots probably win conference with a healthy team just cause Broncos had zero offense last year.

I hope Paxton starts week one. If Manning-led Broncos can beat the Panthers I wanna see Paxton throwing 70 yard bombs over your rookie corners.

Won't disagree. Had a good year in 2013. That's around Panthers should be talent wise. 11-5 division winner type of team. The only "tough" team last year that changed is Cowboys with Romo getting hurt. Colts were extremely overrated and bulldozed an easy division for years.

And Carolina led the league in turnovers forced last year with an insane 39. That's a large part of why their defense was kicking so much ass.

Denver was a defensive juggernaut for the most part. Despite having lower turnovers forced count than the Panthers they consistently stifled teams with excellent pass rush and good DBs.

The Patriots probably win conference with a healthy team just cause Broncos had zero offense last year.

I hope Paxton starts week one. If Manning-led Broncos can beat the Panthers I wanna see Paxton throwing 70 yard bombs over your rookie corners.

He'll be on his back before he can get the ball off.

And even if he does, DT will just drop it.

They better not throw Lynch to the wolves right away. No way a kid who's never even called a protection can learn Kubiak's offense and how to be a pro in 4-5 months. Sanchez can keep them afloat.

I very much disagree with your thought that Denver wasn't the best team last season. That defense was simply incredible over a 3 game stretch, but like all great defenses since Baltimore 2000, they weren't damn near invincible like that unit. They had bad moments, but then they held Pittsburgh, New England and Carolina to I think less than 50 points combined. That is an accomplishment of a great defense. You're also forgetting that Denver was putting up with how bad DThomas was in the playoffs last year. Dude couldn't catch a fat kid in a game of tag. We know their offense wasn't great, but their most dangerous weapon played like shit all postseason, too.

They held the Steelers only because AB was out. Pitt put up 34 on them with AB in the game.

NE had a ton of injuries on the O-line and the center was telegraphing the snap count.

Carolina had a coaching issue where we refused to help Remmers block Miller, which singlehandedly lost us the game.

Didn't seem like Peyton was on his back before he could get the ball off. Paxton slower than a skeleton?

Gotta be right one of these years. Brady is now officially the oldest non kicker in the league after all, and he's suspended for 4 games even.

Didn't seem like Peyton was on his back before he could get the ball off. Paxton slower than a skeleton?

In his reads and progressions in a pro offense? Yes.

Also, they won't be allowing as much holding in a regular season game as they do in the playoffs. (Before I get jumped on, this goes both ways, both O-lines got away with a ton of holding in the SB. Refs just don't make those calls nearly as much. They want to let them play.)

Edited by Thanatos

How do you know this? Have you watched Paxton? Do you know the plans a Kubiak offense has for him? For someone who talks about front offices doing their thing and how people shouldn't judge, you seem to judge teams that aren't yours quite a bit.

• Upvote 1