butta54

Butta's Draft Grades (Swan Song Style)

Fackrell is a pick for the future, I think. Peppers is in the last year of his contract, I don't think anyone knows how or what Datone Jones will do as he is also entering a contract year (his 5th year option was declined). Kyler has said he plans to sit and be a sponge behind Clay and Julius this year, which will do him some good. I expect him to get a little time in some sub-packages, but probably not much. I would like to see Jayrone Elliot get more play time ont he edge as well.

Overall agree with the Packers' grade.

Ravens getting an A+ I'm very mixed on. I love the Stanley pick and Kaufusi is a solid value pick in the third, but I don't see how Correa fits and I feel like it's a bit of a reach anyways. I'd say it's an A given the depth throughout but that Correa pick really fucks with me. I'm not in love with Kaufusi or Canady enough to really applaud the draft class.

Bills getting Shaq and Ragland alone would make that a B IMO. Ragland is a first round talent and it's a shock he fell to Rex in the 2nd.

I'd disagree on the Cincy grade. WJ3 has the tools to be the top corner in this class, and I think he comes in as the most pro ready guy from day one at that position. I'm not a fan of Boyd but it was a solid need pick and gives Andy a good #2 guy to find, even if he is more Sanu than he is Jones. Snagging Billings and Westerman in the late rounds is just immaculate. I had Westerman as a borderline 2nd rounder who should start day one, and as much as I dislike Billings compared to media projections I think he will be a dominant NT replacing Peko.

Browns grade I agree with. The depth of picks here is ridiculous.

Denver getting a C confuses me. They got the QB with the most potential in this class, and a guy who I think comes in and dominates from day one. Also got Booker who I saw as a top 10 guy in the 4th. Gotsis in the second definitely keeps it from being an A but I wouldn't be opposed to a mid-low B.

Jaguars a B+? Are you shitting me? Butta pls. Jack is arguably the best linebacker in this class, or maybe even the best prospect in this class. He goes top 10 without the knee concerns. That along with the consensus top DB in the class in Ramsey, and a solid player in Sheldon Day? Jags blew that shit out of the park, even taking that shit-tier Ngakoue in the third.

LolEagles are LolEagles.

Not sold on Burns or Davis enough to see the Steelers class so highly. Really good need selections though.

As you mentioned with Chargers there are just so little places for Brown or Perry to fit. If Chargers run a 3-4 defense I wouldn't be shocked if Perry starts beside Perryman. If they run a 4-3 I think he is the back-up. He seems like a pure ILB. Brown could start on the outside in a 4-3 though.

I really like what the Bucs did getting Hargreaves and Spence, but as you said trading up to get fucking Aguayo is infuriating. They could've jumped up and grabbed Darian Thompson or Vonn Bell. Silly silly Bucs.

Ewwww Titans. I think sitting with extra picks at #15 and grabbing Decker would've been much more beneficial. Decker is a better fit at RT than Conklin in my eyes, and there wouldn't be a concern of what to do with Lewan once he matures at the NFL level. Lewan would anchor the left. Decker the right. Could've been smarter with that pick. Even excluding that, they took Derrick Henry in a crowded backfield (Murray, Andrews, David Cobb, technically Sankey, McCluster). Kevin Byard at the beginning of the third? That's just pushing it too far. I like the Dodd pick, but Johnson was a bit of a reach for the second round. I like the Sharpe and Tretola picks, but I just can't get behind Byard or Johnson so early, or Henry in that backfield.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Ravens getting an A+ I'm very mixed on. I love the Stanley pick and Kaufusi is a solid value pick in the third, but I don't see how Correa fits and I feel like it's a bit of a reach anyways. I'd say it's an A given the depth throughout but that Correa pick really fucks with me. I'm not in love with Kaufusi or Canady enough to really applaud the draft class.

Bills getting Shaq and Ragland alone would make that a B IMO. Ragland is a first round talent and it's a shock he fell to Rex in the 2nd.

I'd disagree on the Cincy grade. WJ3 has the tools to be the top corner in this class, and I think he comes in as the most pro ready guy from day one at that position. I'm not a fan of Boyd but it was a solid need pick and gives Andy a good #2 guy to find, even if he is more Sanu than he is Jones. Snagging Billings and Westerman in the late rounds is just immaculate. I had Westerman as a borderline 2nd rounder who should start day one, and as much as I dislike Billings compared to media projections I think he will be a dominant NT replacing Peko.

Browns grade I agree with. The depth of picks here is ridiculous.

Denver getting a C confuses me. They got the QB with the most potential in this class, and a guy who I think comes in and dominates from day one. Also got Booker who I saw as a top 10 guy in the 4th. Gotsis in the second definitely keeps it from being an A but I wouldn't be opposed to a mid-low B.

Jaguars a B+? Are you shitting me? Butta pls. Jack is arguably the best linebacker in this class, or maybe even the best prospect in this class. He goes top 10 without the knee concerns. That along with the consensus top DB in the class in Ramsey, and a solid player in Sheldon Day? Jags blew that shit out of the park, even taking that shit-tier Ngakoue in the third.

LolEagles are LolEagles.

Not sold on Burns or Davis enough to see the Steelers class so highly. Really good need selections though.

As you mentioned with Chargers there are just so little places for Brown or Perry to fit. If Chargers run a 3-4 defense I wouldn't be shocked if Perry starts beside Perryman. If they run a 4-3 I think he is the back-up. He seems like a pure ILB. Brown could start on the outside in a 4-3 though.

I really like what the Bucs did getting Hargreaves and Spence, but as you said trading up to get fucking Aguayo is infuriating. They could've jumped up and grabbed Darian Thompson or Vonn Bell. Silly silly Bucs.

Ewwww Titans. I think sitting with extra picks at #15 and grabbing Decker would've been much more beneficial. Decker is a better fit at RT than Conklin in my eyes, and there wouldn't be a concern of what to do with Lewan once he matures at the NFL level. Lewan would anchor the left. Decker the right. Could've been smarter with that pick. Even excluding that, they took Derrick Henry in a crowded backfield (Murray, Andrews, David Cobb, technically Sankey, McCluster). Kevin Byard at the beginning of the third? That's just pushing it too far. I like the Dodd pick, but Johnson was a bit of a reach for the second round. I like the Sharpe and Tretola picks, but I just can't get behind Byard or Johnson so early, or Henry in that backfield.

I think most of this just falls between guys you like and guys I don't like. But....

-Correa fits as a 3-4 OLB which is his most natural position. Reminds me a lot of Shea McClellin, but instead of getting forced into the wrong scheme he goes to a team that can use him properly. Correa was a fringe 1st rounder in my eyes so I like the value. Kaufusi is my boy, and I think he has enough versatility to convert to OLB on 3rd downs if they really want him to.

-Cinncy I think is your love for WJ3. I'm not in love with him like that and plus either way I think they had bigger fish to fry than another first round corner. Westerman is very blah to me. And Billings is the only reason the class isn't a D.

-Broncos as I said reached in the 2nd and 3rd. Good value later in the rounds, but could have had a much better draft. And again not a fan of Lynch as much as you are.

-Titans was a hard grade, but hey man they had some serious gets. Conklin is better than Decker overall. Yes Decker is more natural at RT, but Conklin having ability to play both doesn't hurt his value, it only raises it. None of those backs matter besides Murray. Henry is easily the #2 guy.

Titans had a good draft if it was 1996 and not 2016, IMO.

• Upvote 1

I think Butler was simply BPA. Sure it gives you leverage with Short, (Star is already signed for four years, actually), but I don't think it was seriously an attempt to replace Short. Fact remains though, Short is going to want a mega contract on par with, if not exceeding JJ Watt's. G-man may just see the writing on the wall and decide he can't afford Short and is drafting his replacement when he inevitably leaves.

As far as O-line goes, I never really expected an OT pick. Our offensive line was great last year in terms of improvement. Overall I think we graded out inside the top-10, even. There's only team in the league that has a tandem with Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware. Drafting O-line- unless they were BPA- would be overreacting to one bad game against two elite talents.

Honestly don't like the three corners in a row far more than the two things you pointed out. Seemed like two reaches, though Sanchez was a nice pickup in the 5th, IMO.

Edited by Thanatos

I think Butler was simply BPA. Sure it gives you leverage with Short, (Star is already signed for four years, actually), but I don't think it was seriously an attempt to replace Short. Fact remains though, Short is going to want a mega contract on par with, if not exceeding JJ Watt's. G-man may just see the writing on the wall and decide he can't afford Short and is drafting his replacement when he inevitably leaves.

As far as O-line goes, I never really expected an OT pick. Our offensive line was great last year in terms of improvement. Overall I think we graded out inside the top-10, even. There's only team in the league that has a tandem with Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware. Drafting O-line- unless they were BPA- would be overreacting to one bad game against two elite talents.

Honestly don't like the three corners in a row far more than the two things you pointed out. Seemed like two reaches, though Sanchez was a nice pickup in the 5th, IMO.

I just don't see Butler on the same talent level of Star and KK....I def think there were better players available. Hell there were way better CBs available at that point in the draft too.

I just don't see Butler on the same talent level of Star and KK....I def think there were better players available. Hell there were way better CBs available at that point in the draft too.

Perhaps. Clearly Carolina's front office disagrees with your assessment.

Perhaps. Clearly Carolina's front office disagrees with your assessment.

LoL well of course, this is just my opinion after all.

Kinda nitpicky, but IDT that disclaimer was/is needed. It should go without saying that this is your opinion.

With that said, the Browns' draft was trash, and seeing you grade the Lions so high warms my heart because my two least favorite picks are the two you praise from the jump. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Lol.

Kinda nitpicky, but IDT that disclaimer was/is needed. It should go without saying that this is your opinion.

With that said, the Browns' draft was trash, and seeing you grade the Lions so high warms my heart because my two least favorite picks are the two you praise from the jump. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Lol.

The disclaimer wasn't about it being my opinion, it was about how you should put almost no stock in draft grades right after the draft.

I liked the Browns draft. They have pretty much no receiver depth so it was nice to get a group of receivers with different skill sets, so that makes me feel better about Corey Coleman even if he was a reach. You def can scratch your head with Kessler. But outside of that I see good value :shrug:

With Stafford expected to go through more progressions, I would say building the OL out was the best way to go. A'Shawn Robinson does command a double team at the very least, hopefully they develop him.

Edited by butta54

San Diego Chargers: B

I want to love this draft so bad. Between Joshua Perry and Jatavis Brown you could be looking at two young starting backers to give you defense immediately….HOWEVER you have big round picks invested in Manti Te’o and Denzel Perryman already. So the need really confuses me. Tuerk is a nice pick to get more athletic. Bosa I said all along was a 3-4 DE as his best fit. Chargers is a GREAT place for him to land with such a young and athletic front 7 already. Bosa, Liuget, Ingram, & Attaochu…very nice. Watt is Melvin Gordon’s FB from college so interesting pick.

Well, given Te'o has had many injury problems over his short career, bringing in solid depth at LB can't hurt. And you have to keep in mind you shouldn't necessarily be shooting for starters in the later rounds of the draft. What's your take/opinion on the Hunter Henry pick? He has probably been the most debated pick of ours.

Edited by BJORN

Well, given Te'o has had many injury problems over his short career, bringing in solid depth at LB can't hurt. And you have to keep in mind you shouldn't necessarily be shooting for starters in the later rounds of the draft. What's your take/opinion on the Hunter Henry pick? He has probably been the most debated pick of ours.

I think Hunter Henry was a trash player in college. I def can see him becoming somewhat of a Witten or Heath Miller type reliable target if used right, but he completely lacked athleticism, blocking strength, and route running ability from what I saw this year.

Also I get the depth and you are right ultimately it is probably the smart move. Just hard to see two guys with such starter potential going into a situation behind young starters who have high rounds invested in them.

Edited by butta54