Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Who wins the AFC North?

Sean got this going in the NFC East, but why not get a thread for every division? Player movement is pretty much done and minicamps are getting started, so this seems like a good time to get the discussion going

just like the last few years this'll be a three horse race and could easily produce three playoff teams, so who comes out on top?

Browns...hopefully. :smug:

Browns are still a few years back, but they've made the right moves to give themselves a shot in the future. I can see a surprising 8-8 campaign and playing as spoiler to either the Ravens or Steelers. As far as I can see, this could be anyone's division, but I'm favouring the Bengals. They have the best defense of the bunch, Andy Dalton took his game to another level last year before getting hurt, and while losing Sanu and Jones is rough, LaFell and Boyd is not gonna be much of a downgrade for his third and fourth options.

I think it'll be something like this.

Bengals 35%

Steelers 33%

Ravens 27%

Browns 5%

I actually think Cincy finishes last in the division. o_O

The Steelers are my pick, so long as the triplets stay healthy.

Steelers. Bengals are surprisingly wounded after losing Nelson, Jones, and Sanu in FA. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 10-6 campaign, but I don't think it will be enough to stop the monster forming in Pittsburgh. They are finally working on fixing secondary and already have ridiculous offensive capabilities. If the Ben-Bell-Brown Hydra is healthy they should go 12-4.

:Ravens:

Because we're due for a random fluky deep playoff run from them, esp. after a year full of injuries.

Pittsburgh 11-5

Baltimore 9-7

Cincinnati 8-8

Cleveland 5-11

I don't think any division is easy to predict -strictly on paper- then the Steelers. Elite QB, best WR in the game, arguably best HB, and at worst an above average defense.

That darn Steelers division. Unpredictable.

:Steelers:

When fully healthy, the Steelers are easily the best team in this division. Maybe the best team in the AFC. Here is to hoping they finally stay healthy. Bengals should be right there with them.

• Upvote 1

Steelers are a better version of Dallas in terms of QB situation. Love Ben as a QB, always have, but the guy is going to take hits because it's part of his game and he's going to miss time. Lets not forget how balanced a team the Bengals are. I'm not a fan of Dalton, but I like him over Landry Jones. I have to pick the Bungles here.

Steelers are a better version of Dallas in terms of QB situation. Love Ben as a QB, always have, but the guy is going to take hits because it's part of his game and he's going to miss time. Lets not forget how balanced a team the Bengals are. I'm not a fan of Dalton, but I like him over Landry Jones. I have to pick the Bungles here.

I agree with this. I see the Bengals winning the division. I don't think Big Ben will play in every game and in this division it will take having him in every game to win it. If he does stay healthy tho, I think the Steelers might just pull ahead of the Bengals. I always love watching this division and the way it unfolds throughout the year. One of the most unpredictable divisions IMO. Especially if the Browns are able to start joining the other 3.