Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Louisiana passes "Blue Lives Matter" law

I love how Ngata keeps doubling down on defending this murderer- absolutely what he is.

Here's some things the cop could have done instead of acting like a bitch.

Don't scream at him that he's going to die. Don't tell him to crawl with his hands above his head and his feet crossed. Don't act like a little punk and instead act like an officer of the law. Don't assume a dude pulling up his pants with several cops having their firearms trained on him is going for a gun. Don't go in there acting all SWAT team when people are allowed to carry in Arizona.

The evidence absolutely bears out murder. If you can watch that video and honestly say to yourself that guy wasn't murdered, you're just never going to get it.

That cop should be going to jail for life for murder. Period.

Edited by Thanatos

Shit directions, they wanted to kill that guy imo

If they can't figure out that there was no threat in that situation then there is something seriously wrong with that situation. It's clear as day. It's not an emotional reaction.

Wrong, people are being 100% emotional about this. And I'm not faulting anybody for that, first time I ever saw somebody die from gunfire I was 18 years old. It scared the hell out of me too, the loud bangs, the Dead Silence after, and the finality of the entire situation. It took me quite a while to get used to it, so I don't blame you for being emotional about it. That being said he was Tried by a jury of his peers in open court, and he was found not guilty. And I have a hard time disagreeing with the jury.

Edited by Omerta

I've seen people die before. I've seen people get murdered before.

This was murder. You're right that it has plenty to do with emotion, because that officer was very emotional when he should have been calm and trying to de-escalate the situation.

Wrong, people are being 100% emotional about this. And I'm not faulting anybody for that, first time I ever saw somebody die from gunfire I was 18 years old. It scared the hell out of me too, the loud bangs, the Dead Silence after, and the finality of the entire situation. It took me quite a while to get used to it, so I don't blame you for being emotional about it. That being said he was Tried by a jury of his peers in open court, and he was found not guilty. And I have a hard time disagreeing with the jury.

Come on, this is like the 5th or 6th video posted in this thread alone showing someone get shot.

Damn, I was 100% on board until the guilty part. I just don't think it's murder.

Damn, I was 100% on board until the guilty part. I just don't think it's murder.

It's manslaughter at best.

It's manslaughter at best.

I'll give you that his tone of voice definitely escalated the situation, and I think he panicked both of them. Himself included. That being said, he reached behind his back. Now I don't think it's something that kid did intentionally, I don't even think he thought about it. I think it was just like Cherry alluded to, it was a reflexive action that he's done thousands of times.

That being said is a cop, when somebody's hands disappear behind their back, and appear to be going towards a waistline, what do you do? You have that Split Second to make a decision, and I just don't see how knowing what we know now we can armchair it and say he should have done something differently.

I agree it should not have happened, nobody's going to get an argument out of me for that. I don't think the guy should be a cop, because he seems a bit too fidgety to get the job done correctly. But again, when someone's hand disappears behind their back, you have a split second to make a decision. If you make the wrong one your guys died. This is one of those crappy situations where there are no right decisions. I just wish that kid wouldn't have been a freaking idiot and pointed his gun out of a hotel window like a complete and total moron. You didn't deserve the death penalty, but he surely precipitated his own demise.

I'll give you that his tone of voice definitely escalated the situation, and I think he panicked both of them. Himself included. That being said, he reached behind his back. Now I don't think it's something that kid did intentionally, I don't even think he thought about it. I think it was just like Cherry alluded to, it was a reflexive action that he's done thousands of times.

That being said is a cop, when somebody's hands disappear behind their back, and appear to be going towards a waistline, what do you do? You have that Split Second to make a decision, and I just don't see how knowing what we know now we can armchair it and say he should have done something differently.

I agree it should not have happened, nobody's going to get an argument out of me for that. I don't think the guy should be a cop, because he seems a bit too fidgety to get the job done correctly. But again, when someone's hand disappears behind their back, you have a split second to make a decision. If you make the wrong one your guys died. This is one of those crappy situations where there are no right decisions. I just wish that kid wouldn't have been a freaking idiot and pointed his gun out of a hotel window like a complete and total moron. You didn't deserve the death penalty, but he surely precipitated his own demise.

It was his directions and statements that made the kid fuck up, therefor he is also responsible for getting him shot. He's given a badge and a gun and the training to use those properly. He did not properly use his training, his confusing directions caused the kid to be confused(on top of the stress of having guns pointed at him).

Cops are trained to deescalate situations, this cop escalated the situation.

Shouldn't be able to kill someone as a cop and walk away without punishment just cause you don't know how to properly be a cop. That just doesn't cut it.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough, although one thing that has been said in the thread that I don't understand is the confusing directions. They really did seem fairly simple, simple enough that the woman got through it without incident. I also think the directions to never drop your hands again, was about as plain as it possibly gets. I'll be interested to hear what you thought about it was confusing? Either you or anybody else who thought they were confusing, I sincerely don't understand that.

Edited by Omerta

Quick update the officer who was shouting was not the officer who shot. Both different officers. The one who was barking the orders retired.

If that's true than there was not much the shooter could do. He really didn't do amything wrong. He was a victim of circumstance. Definitely not an angry little "faggot."

If anything more fault should be placed on the guy barking the orders.

Amen. He is the guy that escalated the situation.

• Upvote 1

If that's true than there was not much the shooter could do. He really didn't do amything wrong. He was a victim of circumstance. Definitely not an angry little "faggot."

That certainly changest the situation but I still stand by the vibe I get off the dude. If I saw him on the street and didn't know he was a cop he looks like that type of dude. I still stand by what I said when you can tell the kid comes out scared shitless and unarmed that common sense should tell you he's not a mass shooter. Especially when no shots were fired and from what I've read they didn't even know if there was a weapon in the room at all. I get that the things that have happened lately could make you nervous but I feel like 99% of people as soon as the saw the kid if they had any sort of emotional intelligence could read the situation and not fire their weapon. Again, we're not fighting "insurgents here." This was a 16 year old child who lost his life. There has to be some sort of justice here.

Two things, what does the vibe you get off that dude have to do with the situation at hand. Second, I would take tactical intelligence over emotional intelligence if I'm responding to a thread of a gun.

I truly was tough to watch, because I do believe the kid was afraid. That being said the shooter in that situation, really didn't have a hell of a lot of options. I mean we can say from the comfort of our couches that he should have done this or should have done that but when somebody reaches their hand behind their back in a situation like that, do you wish the lives of you and your fellow officers, or do you put down the threat? As crappy as it is to sound, I believe he made the smart tactical decision. I believe there was weapons there, because that's why the police were there in the beginning. They said they saw a gun out of the window of a hotel room.

Now that I know the shooter was not the one escalating the situation, I don't fault him at all. He was put in a crappy situation, that he wasn't escalating, he was just a guy that had to make a crappy decision and maintain control of that hallway. Something else to think about, is that officer who is getting everything all wound up, may have influenced that guy's decision. You would figure if an officer is yelling like that he was responding to a threat of force, how is the shooter supposed to know that it was valid or not?

Not absolving anyone of guilt or making excuses but little details like that can completely flip the perspective. It makes a lot of the rage look really silly, even if it was warranted with what was known at the time

In my opinion it's a fine boundary between murder and an accident. This is what I don't understand with these situations. Cops clearly have the upper hand and want to act like they are in danger when that's clearly not the case. You get trained for these situations for exact reason. My uncle is swat and an ex marine. He's had similiar stories of dame situations and he's never overreacted due to fear. He has remained calmed and controlled the situation.

You have a hallway full of backup and weapons. Vs one person. Granted yes, people could of been in the room with weapons. Which is why it's make sense to advance with caution. Have the kid lie face down hands above his head. One cuffs him and have two or 3 go ahead in case of a situation in the room. It's tactical. This was messy at best. He should be charged with something. The title cop doesn't mean your above the law or get excluded for it. He should receive punishment in some form. In that line of work accidents are one thing and lack of control or training is another.

What you just said, makes absolutely zero tactical sense.

What you just said, makes absolutely zero tactical sense.

Neither is standing at the end of a hallway

If you're behind cover with the exits covered...tactically...that is aces lol.

Its obvious that your tactical knowledge is limited to what you think you're uncle would do. I know in the military what you said would literally be the dumbest thing they could do in that scenario. Well other than throwing down their guns and playing Canasta.

Edited by Omerta