Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Award Predictions

Breaking: Undrafted rookie out of Western Massachusetts State A&M Theodore Bridgewater sets the world on fire by playing QB, RB, WR, LT, LE, RE, DT, FS, ILB, and CB, along with setting the record for longest punt and field goal in NFL history. Did I mention he's coming over nine ACL tears and a family tragedy?

MVP: Ben Roethlisberger

I'm going to shy away from the Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilsons. I really thought about Brady here, but who knows if he'll play 16 games at this point with the entire deflate gate thing going on. Let's say that Roethlisberger stays healthy. He has the best receiver in the league for one and his other options aren't too shabby either. He's got LeVeon Bell to take the heat off the passing game. The Steelers can take the AFC North. If Roethlisberger can stay healthy for all 16, I think he's going to blow up the passing boards. Call it a gut feeling I guess.

OPOTY: Todd Gurley

Kid is about the set the league on fire. Everyone saw what he did last season, wait until this season. The Rams have a rookie quarterback they are going to have to take the pressure off. Todd Gurley is going to get one hell of a huge work load I think. This is just a product of me believing that the Rams are going to be serious contenders week in and week out this coming season and they are going to use Gurley to control every single game.

DPOTY: Khalil Mack

JJ Watt was in my thoughts here. And honestly maybe he's the right choice. Khalil Mack was a monster last season, and that's why I chose him. Another season under his belt, this guy can do everything from what he's shown us. I think he takes an even bigger step forward and dominates the league this year. Kudos to the Raiders coaches too, they know how to use him correctly.

OROTY: Ezekiel Elliot

Come on, this one is a no brainer. The amount of work this kid is going to get is going to be ridiculous. The Cowboys are going to want to recapture the success they had with DeMarco Murray, and they are going to get it. Maybe not to the extent of Murray, but decent enough to lead his team to a few wins and well over 1100 yards.

DROTY: Keanu Neal

There had to be a homer pick somewhere right? I like Neals instincts, I like his ability to make plays. He can make mistakes but all rookies will. This one for me came down to Neal and Nkemdiche. Neal is coming in to the Falcons as the starting safety with no one really to compete imo. Also, he's going to bring that force for Dan Quinn that he enjoyed with Kam Chancellor. I'm not saying he's going to see the same success, but I do think that Neal will be the most productive rookie this year.

COTY: Jeff Fisher

I just think that the Rams are due. The move to LA doesn't have anything to do with it either. They just drafted a quarterback, they have a monster running back. The defense is one of the best in the league IMO. Perhaps this is the year they turn it around. I think they get into the playoffs this year and I also think that they do it without question marks as to how it happened. Which means, I'm definitely expecting 11 wins. Then again, I'm crazy, and this is a leap of faith.

Realistically, I don't think Msthieu, or Donald have any chance of winning dpoty awards. Mack, Watt, Miller, and even Houston assuming they are healthy have better chances.

Donald is the second most disruptive DL in the league, just ahead of Kawann Short and just behind JJ Watt. And it's not as far apart between the first two as most people think it is.

I could totally see Mathieu getting quite a few votes just from the coming back from injury thing, if he comes back as strong as before.

I think Watt, Miller, Mack and Luke are your four front runners in no particular order, but Donald and Mathieu are right behind them.

Donald kinda suffers from the same thing as Star, the stats don't truly do justice to how good of a player he is.