Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Combat Sports Thread

Holy shit 205 was one of the best cards. The Mac Life was too much for Alverez who got smoked in 2. I'll be honest Alverez looked shook and beat after McGregor verbally beat him down in the first press conference.

Thompson vs Woodley is going down as a classic and a rematch straight up

Agree with the outcome of the Woodley/Wonderboy fight.

Conor = too accurate plus Eddie couldn't reach him, every punch he threw was either hitting Conor's chest or coming up short.

Probably do a Khabib vs Ferguson fight for shot Conor's LW title. Conor defends his FW next, possible rematch with Aldo or winner of Pettis/Holloway.

Miesha retiring :fbm: (but rightfully so)

Edited by BJOSA

Nah. Diaz v Conor III for lightweight belt. Conor will likely vacate FW. Aldo vs Holloway for FW belt. Tony vs Khabib in top contender match for LW.

Also, anyone not scoring that fight 47-47 draw is a joker. Woodley clearly got round 1 and had the most blatant 10-8 round in months in round 4.

Edited by 7-9

Nah. Diaz v Conor III for lightweight belt. Conor will likely vacate FW. Aldo vs Holloway for FW belt. Tony vs Khabib in top contender match for LW.

Also, anyone not scoring that fight 47-47 draw is a joker. Woodley clearly got round 1 and had the most blatant 10-8 round in months in round 4.

Tbh 2 out other 3 judges went 47-47 and the third went 48-47 IIRC to Woodley. I'M going to use my free trail just for this card as I've heard Romero's knee to knock out Wiedman was fucking brutal

It's a hell of a card to use it on for sure. Romero cracked his head open like a fucking egg.

I thought Woodley won 48-47, but I'm biased since I had money on him. :shifty: Awesome fight, tho.

Also, Karolina became my 2nd favorite fighter this weekend. She's got a lot of heart and confidence. She'll beat Joanna at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fopzvPVKUkI

I think I actually feel bad for Eddie after seeing this lol. Conor was correct though, Eddie had no business being in the octagon with him. Guy's fought losers most of his career.

Wish I could have attended the fight, but I wasn't about to spend a grand on a ticket. Still happy to have been part of the 205 experience by attending the weigh-in which was a lot of fun, actually. Wish I went to the pre-fight press conference when Conor came out in the Gucci mink. :yao:

Both Karolina and Woodley could have finished their fights if they didn't grapple after catching their opponents. :sigh:

Conor vs Woodley would be turrible. Woodley by vicious KO within two rounds. :yao: