Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Combat Sports Thread

UFC 100: Mir vs. Lesnar

UFC 200: Mir vs. Lesnar

:smug:

Carwin could work but he's such a low-ranking guy it wouldn't be as big of a fight.

If Carwin was in the shape and position he was when Brock first came into the UFC then it would have been a huge fight but once he was found out he dropped like a sack of shit.

The other guy I would feel that would make a good fight with Lesnar is Josh Barnett who's also come out on twitter saying he will take the fight.

Overall it's the flagship of the UFC you gotta have that rubber match. Take a leaf out of the Bellator play book on the "circus" fights.

Barnett already signed on to fight Arlovski in Hamburg in September IIRC.

Speaking of which the rest of this year will be fun as fuck for the heavyweights.

Stipe vs. Overeem at 203 in Cleveland is going to be hype.

Velasquez vs. Browne at 200.

Werdum signed on to face Rothwell at 203.

JDS waiting for a big fight after thrashing Rothwell.

Arlovski vs. Barnett in Hamburg.

Mark Hunt climbing up boards again.

Nelson vs. Lewis on Fight Pass

Lesnar returns.

Struve getting a top 10 opponent after killing Bigfoot.

Edited by Chernobyl426

By the way, I'm going to start doing a pick'em for each event. Feel free to join.

UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson

Rory MacDonald vs. Stephen Thompson

Donald Cerrone vs. Patrick Cote

Steve Bosse vs. Sean O'Connell

Valerie Letourneau vs. Joanne Calderwood

Chris Beal vs. Joe Soto

Tamdan McCrory vs. Krzysztof Jotko

Elias Theodorou vs. Sam Alvey

Rory MacDonald vs. Stephen Thompson

Donald Cerrone vs. Patrick Cote

Steve Bosse vs. Sean O'Connell

Valerie Letourneau vs. Joanne Calderwood

Chris Beal vs. Joe Soto

Tamdan McCrory vs. Krzysztof Jotko

Elias Theodorou vs. Sam Alvey

Edited by Chernobyl426

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt announced for UFC 200 co-main event.

This card is fucking ridiculous. Wow.

Daniel Cormier vs. Jones for the LHW title.

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt in co-main event.

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes for women's BW title.

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar for interim FW title.

Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne in potential HW title eliminator.

Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Pena.

TJ Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao in a likely BW title eliminator.

Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum.

Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin.

Gegard Mousasi vs. Derek Brunson.

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon.

Jim Miller vs. Takanori Gomi.

Edited by Chernobyl426

What a fight that is!

Cheryl:Mark Hunt (Not a good choice due to power)

HOLY SHIT BOIZ BROCK AINT PLAYING.

If he win he returns full time :bookit:

He's under contract to WWE until March of 2018. Highly unlikely.

Mark Hunt bout to hit Lesnar with the walk off kill shot. :slingblade:

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt announced for UFC 200 co-main event.

This card is fucking ridiculous. Wow.

Daniel Cormier vs. Jones for the LHW title.

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt in co-main event.

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes for women's BW title.

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar for interim FW title.

Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne in potential HW title eliminator.

Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Pena.

TJ Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao in a likely BW title eliminator.

Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum.

Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin.

Gegard Mousasi vs. Derek Brunson.

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon.

Jim Miller vs. Takanori Gomi.

Wow this card is insanely stacked. Who needs Conor, again?

Kimbo Slice has passed away at age 42 due to heart failure.

#3 Rose Namajunas vs. #6 Karolina Kowalkiewicz scheduled for UFC 201 at women's strawweight.

Absolutely love the matchup. Namajunas is a much better pure athlete than Kowalkiewicz, but doesn't have the technical edge when it comes to striking. I think the UFC is really pushing for a polish title bout at strawweight, but I think a lot of people are taking Gadelha to beat Joanna.

I'm actually a huge fan of the strawweight division. A lot of potential big name fighters waiting in the wings. Joanna. Aisling Daly. Carla Esparza. Rose Namajunas. Paige VanZant. Plus they are still pulling talent from Invicta.

#3 Rose Namajunas vs. #6 Karolina Kowalkiewicz scheduled for UFC 201 at women's strawweight.

Absolutely love the matchup. Namajunas is a much better pure athlete than Kowalkiewicz, but doesn't have the technical edge when it comes to striking. I think the UFC is really pushing for a polish title bout at strawweight, but I think a lot of people are taking Gadelha to beat Joanna.

I'm actually a huge fan of the strawweight division. A lot of potential big name fighters waiting in the wings. Joanna. Aisling Daly. Carla Esparza. Rose Namajunas. Paige VanZant. Plus they are still pulling talent from Invicta.

I actually feel that they have been pushing Namajunas since she beat Van Zant. I am sure that Rose was ranked around 7-8 before the VanZant fight and they have given her tough fights since then. If Namajunas wins then she next challenger.

Gadelha vs Joanna will be a grea fight also, but I feel if Joanna can find the rhythm that she had when she won the title and her first defence then she will be fine. Strawweight in the women's division is actually looking pretty strong right now.

Agreed. Rose got a little bit of a push after beating Paige. Tecia Torres wasn't a pushover and Karolina definitely has a shot. I'd take Karolina solely for her striking abilities but if Rose takes her down its a whole new game. IMO Rose should be sitting in wait for a title shot regardless after Torres, but I have zero problems with this being an eliminator. My question now is what to do with Carla? If Joanna wins I'd pit her against Claudia in a co-main of an FS1 card. If Claudia wins I'd have to drop her down to take on winner of Letourneau vs. Calderwood or maybe take on Andrade.

Edited by Chernobyl426

UFC has announced an event in Salt Lake City for first time ever. August 6th. Targeting Yair Rodriguez vs. Alex Caceres.

If that's the headliner I'm incredibly disappointed. Should have JDS find an opponent as headliner and Horiguchi vs. Formiga to help hold up the card.

UFC has announced an event in Salt Lake City for first time ever. August 6th. Targeting Yair Rodriguez vs. Alex Caceres.

If that's the headliner I'm incredibly disappointed. Should have JDS find an opponent as headliner and Horiguchi vs. Formiga to help hold up the card.

JDS is currently recovering from a shoulder injury which required an op, hence why he has no known opponent

You boys watch TUF?

JDS is currently recovering from a shoulder injury which required an op, hence why he has no known opponent

Thought he was supposed to be healed up in a week or two. Heard it was a very minor injury. If he's out a little bit I'd like to see him match up with Struve in a September or October card. If not Struve maybe Werdum or winner of Cain v Browne. I think JDS is in the running for a title shot if he bulls through his next opponent like he did Rothwell.

You boys watch TUF?

On occasion. Usually forget to.

Welp. Rodriguez vs. Caceres confirmed gonna headline SLC card. Gross.

Lawler said he'd have taken Conor's soul if they had fought. :yao:

Also, Bisping supposedly offered to face Weidman as first defense. Not a fan at all. I'd rather see Jacare get the shot after dismantling Vitor. Chris coming off a loss vs Jacare on arguably a huge win streak (if you exclude the shit to Romero that was a questionable decision + PED concerns).

Welp. Rodriguez vs. Caceres confirmed gonna headline SLC card. Gross.

Lawler said he'd have taken Conor's soul if they had fought. :yao:

Also, Bisping supposedly offered to face Weidman as first defense. Not a fan at all. I'd rather see Jacare get the shot after dismantling Vitor. Chris coming off a loss vs Jacare on arguably a huge win streak (if you exclude the shit to Romero that was a questionable decision + PED concerns).

I must be one of the few people I know who rates Caceres, dude is an exciting fighter with a lot of promise and he is on a couple of win streak so it is deserved with every other big fight going on right now.

Lawler vs McGregor would have been awesome but I am still in the concensus that Conduit was robbed in their fight and that rematch needs to happen.

I personally understand the Bisping vs Weidman first defence if Chris is healthy seeing as he was meant to face Rockhold not Bisping. I feel Jacare is more deserving but Weidman was champ for a while and deserves first shot. Romero will be interesting when he comes back because I belive he didn't know about what he took but the real fight for me would be Bisping vs Hendo 2, that is a real grudge match and I could see Bisping wanting revenge.

FEDOR MAY SIGN WITH UFC AFTER MALDONADO FIGHT

7drHiqr.gif

FEDOR MAY SIGN WITH UFC AFTER MALDONADO FIGHT

7drHiqr.gif

I will believe it when I see it, remember Werdum started his whole assention after destroying Fedor. Honestly he would now only be a mid division fighter.

Upon second thought...

Stay in Russia. :puke:

Edited by Chernobyl426

Brock Lesnar is apparently going to come out to his WWE theme for UFC 200. :rock:

Anthony Johnson dropped out of his July 23rd co-main against Glover Teixeira. :(