Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Combat Sports Thread

Nevermind. :slingblade:

Edited by Chernobyl426

HE'S FIGHTING FUCKING OVEREEM HOLY FUCK

Where do you see this?

Overeem on Twitter posted a pic of him in Vegas with caption mentioning DC fight. Makes sense as DC agreed to a heavyweight bout.

And he was joking. :Suicide:

Edited by Chernobyl426

Eddie Alvarez is the new lightweight champ.

UFC 200 finalized.

Cain v Browne to open fights.

Aldo v Edgar.

DC v Silva in 3 rounds.

Lesnar v Hunt.

Miesha v Nunes as main event.

I'm saying...worth.

Damn you really do love jerking it to the Irishman don't you?

McGregor is one of the few things that's actually entertaining and exciting about the UFC.

The UFC, as a whole, is pretty boring. I've even seen it in person, and it was fucking terrible. It was back in the day at UFC 32, but still. I've given it other chances over the course of time, but I was never able to garner any interest in it until McGregor came along. And look at the numbers McGregor has done. Nobody else has a bigger influence on selling the UFC brand than him. The UFC would be STRESSIN' right now over UFC 200 if they didn't get Brock to come through.

Also, if tickets are not super expensive and McGregor is fighting, then I'll def be buying tix for UFC 205 at MSG. If Conor ain't there, I wouldn't even bother paying 50 bucks to get in, though.

Doubt Conor fights at 205. 202 should be a great card and maybe sell better than 200 though.

I'm fine with acknowledging Conor as an exciting fighter who draws a lot of attention to the sport, but he's not as good as people like to think. He had a flash KO of Aldo and walked through featherweight with ease. But going up to 155 or 170 is a huge jump and I don't know if he'll be able to pull it off. Losing to Nate fucked his plans up hard anyways. I really wanna see him rematch Aldo, fight Frankie, then fight Pettis at FW before moving again.

Doubt Conor fights at 205. 202 should be a great card and maybe sell better than 200 though.

I'm fine with acknowledging Conor as an exciting fighter who draws a lot of attention to the sport, but he's not as good as people like to think. He had a flash KO of Aldo and walked through featherweight with ease. But going up to 155 or 170 is a huge jump and I don't know if he'll be able to pull it off. Losing to Nate fucked his plans up hard anyways. I really wanna see him rematch Aldo, fight Frankie, then fight Pettis at FW before moving again.

Losing to Nate did nothing too him. He too the fight on short notice at a weight he hadn't fought at before, yes he was the favorite and lost but he brought in the highest revenue at a UFC event ever. The hype for this fight was unreal before the UFC had their bitch fit over a pre fight promo video.

End of the day he is the champ and once the Aldo/Edgar fight determines #1 contender then he will be back at that weight. Chances are he also vacates because the FW fights are the more interesting for him.

And still! Joanna showed a lot of heart to come back in those last few rounds. Claudia was dominating and I got a little worried about the gas she'd have left for 3 more rounds. Then she fell off the map.

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Eddie Alvarez

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Claudia Gadelha

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt

Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne

TJ Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao

Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Pena

Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Roy Nelson vs. Derrick Lewis

Jim Miller vs. Takanori Gomi

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon

9-3. My UFC fantasy pickem was 26-33 over fight week with first card being a perfect 12 of 12.

Nunes with a dominant win to become BW champ. Aldo looked good and hopefully gets another crack at McGregor. Still a shame we didn't see DC v JJ.

Bisping v Hendo 2 announced for Manchester

Bisping v Hendo 2 announced for Manchester

So fucking hyped for this fight, the animosity between these two is real, Hendo had the cheapest shot I've ever seen when these two last fought. Would love revenge for Bisping.

RIP Miesha. Her stand up is just too sloppy against a good athlete like Nunes. Really needed to rush her to the ground and grind it out. But even then Nunes is a black belt in BJJ. She has a ton of potential. Ronda probably gon stay away from her :lol:

The Lesnar and DC fights really slowed this card down. Every other fight was pretty good. Cain looked really good.

What a fucking bust of a PPV. Not surprised either. I only watched the meat of the card (booted up a stream right before Aldo-Edgar went off) and it was underwhelming to say the least. Boring product is boring.

Great shot here though:

Cm-NJABUIAA7zcJ.jpg

SOON.

All I cared about was Brock winning and he did. I was with some UFC purists who were super against Brock too and thought Hunt was going to KO him so that was awesome.

It was pretty neat seeing a Summer Slam ad on a UFC PPV. I was half expecting Orton to come out and RKO Brock after his win. :rofl:

Probably won't watch UFC again for a while. Maybe I'll catch UFC 203 for Punk's debut even though I'm sure he'll get owned.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Cain v Browne and Aldo v Edgar was good. Nunes was exciting as well. Not a great card in actuality but was pretty well-rounded. UFC 202 should be worth watching, JF4L.

Holy shit Michael "Venom" Page, seriously if you haven't heard of him he's an English fighter in Bella,he's 13-0 and he just beat Cyborg Santos with a brutal flying knee, then to celebrate he grabs a Pokemon hat and Pokeball towards Santos and celebrates catching him.

Dude is awesome to watch

Now 3 days until 201. Really nice undercard on FS1 including Krylov v Herman. I'm thankful Mighty Mouse pulled out of the Reis fight. Wouldn't want an upset to taint the next season of Ultimate Fighter.

Welp. UFC stars are cursed. Thank god Mighty Mouse didn't fight on a jinxed night. :p

Please give me a Wonderboy KO over Woodley.

RDA vs Tony Ferguson booked for November 5th.

The UFC does not give a shit anymore. They've got a card every week from like August 20th to late September.

UFC 202: McGregor vs Diaz 2 - August 20th
UFC Fight Night: Maia vs Condit - August 27th
UFC Fight Night: Arlovski vs. Barnett - September 3rd
UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem - September 10th
UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Johnson - September 17th
UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs. Lansberg - September 24th

Edited by Chernobyl426

Phil's boy bout to get killed by Nate again