Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I count 4 possible 1st Rd. RBs

Its SUPER DUPER EARLY in the process, but with some free time, I figured I'd start a thread about the upcoming class. This early in the process there are more positive then flaws so obviously things will change, but I'm curious to see where these guys will be by the end of the draft process next year. A good majority of these guys will have a year of eligibility after this year so they may not leave at all... These are guys I've briefly looked at.

This HB class early on is looking like a very strong class. One of the stronger to date, at least right now. You've got:

Cook, Chubb, Fournette, McCaffrey, as guys who could all go in the first. Right now I'd rank them in that order, although Fournette is my favorite of the group.

Then you have guys like, Hurd and Samaje Perine, Jeremy McNichols, and of course, my boy Royce Freeman.

The QB class is looking like trash right now though, Luke Falk would be my top guy right now, but Kaaya who doesn't look all that good has all the tools, and Chad Kelly is an utter nutjob.

Then you have Kizer for Notre Dame who may not even start this year who I like, and I am intrigued by Dobbs from Tennessee.

With wide receivers, it's all about Juju Smith right now, going off what I've seen of him last year I think he would of gone before every receiver who went early this year. I'm currious to see how Mike Williams looks like this year coming off injuries.

Beyond them, Villaim from Oregon State is such an interesting physical beast, he looked like a manchild when I went to the Civil War game with Oregon this past year. But he hasn't really produced, and I'm getting a Funchess vibe from him. And Engram, another interesting receiver.

With offensive linemen, it's gotten interesting since Cam Robinson got in trouble with the law, I'll wait to see if he ever plays football for Alabama again. The OT class is all I've really had a decent look at, and Mike McGlinchey from Notre Dame, and Dimitric Camiel from Indiana are my two most interesting right now.

There's a guy from Texas A&M who's name I can't remember right now that I remember watching when I was watching Garrett last year. Don't know if he's actually any good, but he looked like the perfect offensive tackle prospect physically with Mr. Fantastic long arms.

With the pass rushers, right now these are the guys I think we'll be talking about:

Myles Garrett

-BIG GAP-
Dawuane Smoot
Charles Harris
Tim Williams
Carl Lawson

And for DTs/NTs:

Lowell Lotulelei

D.J Jones
Poona Ford
Bryan Mone

Malik McDowell from MSU is an interesting one, that I haven't had the chance to really look at, but I remember watching him play many times as well and always stood out,

For LBs the only one I can think of is Jalen Reeves-Maybin for Tennessee. He's a little undersized, but he looks like he's got superstar potential.

As for safeties and CBs, Humphries and Jackson from Alabama, and White and Adams from LSU come to mind as my early favorites.

Who do you think are guys to look out for this year?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I think Perine will definitely make a push for the first round. That Oklahoma offense is still incredibly powerful.

At QB you have Deshaun Watson who many people are seeing as a #1 overall kind of player. Not sure about that at this point. Baker Mayfield could climb if Oklahoma had a good year but a lot of that could be talent around him.

One guy I've been seeing on a lot of early boards is Raekwon McMillan from Ohio State at ILB. Interested to watch tape on him.

I'm debating between starting on 2015 tape or waiting until the new season starts to watch these guys. Usually I focus more on current tape than old tape.

Yeah, Watson is definitely the #1 QB available. Not sure I've ever seen the combination of such a polished passer and so athletically gifted at the college level. He makes difficult, NFL-level throws look routine.

Barnett is gonna be a top 10 pick as a "pass rusher"(defensive end) and has more impressive statistics than Garrett, but he's a much better fit in a 4-3 than a 3-4 so I'm not sure that's what you're looking for at the pass rushing category.

Completely agree with the RBs class being nice, Chubb's injury was a bummer but he's got a very interesting story, his family's history etc. if anyone can bounce back from that it's him. I would say the Edge rushing class this year is going to be just as good. I actually got a different view on the Edge class than you I guess, Carl Lawson is my top guy and I don't think there's a big gap between Garrett and the others at all. Garrett to me is a lil overrated in terms of projecting to DE in the NFL honestly, but used right like Anthony Barr (playing in space, using his burst and athleticism and finesse style) he can be a headache to deal with. He's way behind Lawson in terms of using leverage, speed to power, and using his hands/pass rush moves/techniques (stuff I really like in Lawson's game) IMO. He's just got that Ferrari engine that is special about him, just like Barr.

Dalvin Cook is a special player IMO, not even just as a RB (his balance and vision, with his compact body and speed, whew) but I've never seen a player so aware of his own body that he managed a pulled hamstring an entire season without hurting it and would know right when to shut down his run/leg when he knew it was getting close to making it worse/pulling it again. Amazing.