Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

:yao:

So Tim Kaine is Hillary's running mate, I can give more detailed commentary when I'm not on my phone but I like the choice and it does make me feel better about my likely Hillary vote this fall

I'm surprised by how many people are surprised about the content from the leaked emails... I thought it was already common knoledge how this politics stuff worked...

Never underestimate the enduring optimism (naivety) of people. The political forum is basically just high school, but without anyone to rein the dumb children in.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised by how many people are surprised about the content from the leaked emails... I thought it was already common knoledge how this politics stuff worked...

I think for them it's more it being confirmed as truth. Because most expected it, but to see it finally put on the table in black and white and suspicions validated is what's behind the reaction in my opinion.

DNC referring to Latino voters as the " Taco Bowl "... And here I thought nobody on the left was racist.

tumblr_oaum38N9qf1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

This guy for President.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually starting to lean toward voting for Johnson because it's getting harder and harder to justify a vote for Hillary. I do like the Kaine pick, he's fairly centrist ideologically, has a great understanding of the responsibilities and limitations of political officials, and he did a lot of good for Richmond and Virginia while serving as Mayor and Governor. He's always struck me as a total politician, says everything you want to hear, but at this level that's kinda expected, so I have trouble holding that against him too much.

That said, my vote isn't for the VP, it's for the President (well, okay, electors for the President because we're not actually a democracy) and with this latest news I just don't think I can justify a vote for Hillary. It's not that there's now evidence that the party screwed over Bernie (though that's bad) it's the complete sham of a mea culpa, the DNC Chairman resigns and is immediately hired by Hillary's campaign? Did she think nobody would notice?

• Upvote 2

Interesting that this is what finally brought you over the edge

Feel the Johnson, folks. The harder you look at this election, the more you're going to realize that the Democratic and Republican nominees both suck incredibly hard, and they actually suck somewhat equally.

If there's ever a year for the logical, centrist American voters to say "fuck it" and vote third party to show how many are fed up with the two-party system, this is it. #JohnsonWeld2016

But why choose a guy who's for the TPP and against Net Neutrality?

So we should ignore all third party candidates unless they're perfect?

In the event that someone gets Nader'd, which candidate is it more likely to happen to: HIllary or Trump?

In the event that someone gets Nader'd, which candidate is it more likely to happen to: HIllary or Trump?

Based on recent two-way polls versus three-way with Johnson (hehe), it looks like Johnson pulls votes from both about equally.

It's not that there's now evidence that the party screwed over Bernie (though that's bad) it's the complete sham of a mea culpa, the DNC Chairman resigns and is immediately hired by Hillary's campaign? Did she think nobody would notice?

To my dying day, I will not understand why Hillary hired her. If you're gonna wire a million dollars to her Cayman Island bank account, thats one thing. But pulling this move makes no sense from pretty much any perspective. Hillary had to distance herself from this scandal and make it go away as fast as possible. Hiring DWS guarantees that it doesn't happen. I don't know how she didn't forsee this blowback.

So we should ignore all third party candidates unless they're perfect?

I'd prefer someone who wasn't almost as much of a looney as the two primary candidates. Though Johnson won't win, so maybe voting for him is okay as a protest vote.

Did you know if you mashed Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump together, you'd get Roger Goodell?

• Upvote 2

Holy fuck it actually does look like it too. :dying: