oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Is there one person* in the US that wasn't going to vote for Trump, and then decided to because of Ted Cruz's endorsement?

*Not related to Ted Cruz.

• Upvote 1

I think i's more likely that the inverse happened.

Incredibly misleading headline from Washington Post.

1) He's correctly predicted "The Winner of the popular vote" aka he got 2000 wrong. The only other election in that timespan that was something of a surprise result was 1992, though I don't know if that was actually a surprise towards the end.

2) His point was that the Republicans would win this election if it was a normal one, but that Trump makes things much weirder.

3) In general, I don't trust anyone who says Trump will win without specifically saying which states that Obama won in 2012 are going to vote for him.

The analytics and statistics site that has predicted every election correctly except for the 1960 one- if you use their model and go back and look at things, the guy they would have predicted to win did indeed win- gave an 83% chance that Trump would win.

Hillary is going to get blasted in the debates, Trump has too much momentum, and what's more he can say whatever the fuck he wants and get no repercussions.

The analytics and statistics site that has predicted every election correctly except for the 1960 one- if you use their model and go back and look at things, the guy they would have predicted to win did indeed win- gave an 83% chance that Trump would win.

Hillary is going to get blasted in the debates, Trump has too much momentum, and what's more he can say whatever the fuck he wants and get no repercussions.

Just for curiosity's sake, which site are you talking about? Nate Silver is generally considered the top guy for that and he has Hillary as a favorite, albiet not a huge one.

Nate Silver has Trump at 55% to win as of now.

It was 55% Trump this morning. Odd it fluctuated that quickly. :think:

Probably a typo. If you look at his history, he's only had Trump winning for a brief moment in July.

some intern clicked the wrong box, anyway the important part for tonight, any good drinking games?

I have work tomorrow so this is my plan:

Drink every time you feel hopeful about the future of the country.

• Upvote 1

Say what you want about Hillary, but she's an actual politician. If she doesn't absolutely steamroll Trump in these debates then she absolutely doesn't deserve to be president.

Good thing "lies" is under Hillary not Trump, looking to get drunk not dead

Say what you want about Hillary, but she's an actual politician. If she doesn't absolutely steamroll Trump in these debates then she absolutely doesn't deserve to be president.

She will unless you grade Trump on the massive curve the media has.

Conservatives will say Trump won, liberals will say Clinton won. #AmericanVoters

Not necessarily true. Even the strongest liberal knew Obama lost the first 2012 debate.

Registered to vote today. Was an old lady trying to convince me to vote Hillary though :yao:

I can't believe how hard Trump advocated stop and frisk

I can't believe how hard Trump advocated stop and frisk

Its a good appeal to his base. Black people aren't voting for him regardless, so whats it matter if he insults them?