oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Yeah, I had a small group of Democrats tell me they don't want to be called "liberals" because that word is offensive. Lol. I was like, okay.

That must have been an interesting conversation lol. It's incredible how stupid partisan people are. You have the religious fundamental retards on one end and the hyper sensitive pussies on the other end. When Trump builds the wall we should find a way to deport them.

Police(and US Government agencies) refer to and define a person(or people) attempting to harm/murder people in a confined and populated area as active shooters, regardless of whether they're using a gun or not.

It's a bit embarrassing that a senator doesn't know this or at the very least doesn't take the 2 seconds it takes to google the definition of an active shooter, but it is what it is I guess.

Yeah why would someone assume that a shooter is someone using a gun? How embarrassing.

Yeah why would someone assume that a shooter is someone using a gun? How embarrassing.

A government official should know the terminologies used before commenting on a situation involving that terminology. We shouldn't encourage ignorance at any level, especially in our government. We've got enough of that as is.

U91n4cV.jpg

Can we stop pretending that because Trump is awful that Obama is the good guy? He's a miserable failure and a complete and total fucking fraud. I refuse to drink the DNC kool-aide and pat myself on the back about a President who stabbed each and every single person who voted for him at the behest of his millionaire/billionaire donors.

One. Those memes are hilarious.

Two. You are right. Obama isn't the good guy. But he took his 8 years of ridicule. It may not be right, but people are going to by and large forget about him and focus their hate on Trump. Just the way the world works. Bush Baby was a disaster and we (everyone, not just TGP) don't really talk about him very much. Heck, since he left office, the dominating conversation about him has been his painting, lol.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Sean, stop hating on memes.

I think in the very long term, Obama will be looked at as a fairly good president. Not perfect, but he entered the office in a tough situation and whether its his fault or not, the economy did get better under him. Not to mention, being compared to his successor will also help paint him in a very favorable light.

If there are even humans alive to speak of the long term, then maybe. I'm under the impression that he'll be remembered for not accomplishing a whole lot and eventually blamed for the rise of neo-nazism in America.

Barrack Obama is a puppet. it's pretty easy to sell a black guy with a muslim sounding name as a radical left wing politician to a great many people in this country.I would go as far to say that Obama is conservative on every issue that matters which makes his left leaning stance on issues that are pretty meaningless when compared to the economy and foreign policy and 1st and 8th amendment violations something to bring up when selling him as a radical liberal. The people this pitch is being made to look at his stance on 2nd amendment, abortion, gay marriage etc and say he's a communist which is exactly what the right wing wants or should I say the donor class who runs this country wants.

On the other side it's pretty amazing to see people who are supposedly liberal constantly make excuses and apologize for the guy. They still do the same thing for Bill Clinton. Is it because they're cool and smooth talking? Everything that Democrats accuse Republicans of is true of themselves. Being uninformed and voting against your interests? Wake up because you're being fooled by frauds for the simple fact that they have a D next to their name on your ballot box. That's like having two guys rob your house and inviting one of them to dinner and talking shit about the other one. Makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ, sean. How far left are you? Barack is one of, if not the most left leaning president we've ever had. If Obama is a conservative to you, who is a liberal?

Obama leans pretty hard to the right, speaking from someone from an actual democratic country. You also aren't wrong about him being the most left leaning president you've ever had.

• Upvote 2

Jesus Christ, sean. How far left are you? Barack is one of, if not the most left leaning president we've ever had. If Obama is a conservative to you, who is a liberal?

Sean doesn't care about anything other than giving himself a false sense of superiority over everyone else.

• Downvote 1

Can somebody explain to me then how exactly Obama is the farthest left leaning president we've ever had? Further left leaning than FDR? Other than labeling me a political hipster? lol Even the health care bill that is supposedly his legacy was an idea that Nixon and then Bob Dole had basically.

You know Obamacare wasn't what he wanted, right? It was just the closest thing he could get that the Republicans would agree to.

You know Obamacare wasn't what he wanted, right? It was just the closest thing he could get that the Republicans would agree to.

yeah and he fought so hard with his filabuster proof congress to get it done right. :yao:

All this talk about trying to convince electors to vote for Hillary... She lost more in terms of "faithless" electors than Trump from what I am reading. What a joke. lol

Did anyone actually think there were going to be enough to turn over the election? Its just illustrates the reasoning why the electoral college is dumb because literally the only point of it (besides disenfranchising people that live in cities) is to give an override of "the people make an absolutely terrible decision" as is the case this election.

If states simply had more power we wouldn't have an issue where California is fighting with Michigan over what's more important, social issues or economics. :^)

States rights were nice before the south ruined it for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Apparently Hillary offered to help at Times Square with the New Year's festivities. She highlighted all of her experience dropping the ball on her resume

• Upvote 2

Clinton campaign is doubting the legitimacy of Trump's election after colluding with the DNC to shaft Bernie Sanders. What a loser. I hate her so much. I really hope she just goes away.