oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Everyone seems to have come to terms with Donald Trump as the Republican nominee and everyone but Bernie seems to have come to terms with Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee, so this feels like a good time to get one big Presidential Election thread going.

The-Douche-and-The-Turd.jpg

Who ya got?

• Upvote 1

#PleaseJustShootMeNow2016 sounds like a good choice.

This is going to be record low voter turn out and Hillary WILL lose. We're going to have Donald fucking Trump in office. What a joke. This is absolute insanity.

If we put Gary Johnson in the debates we could see a miracle.

There's no way. The average American believes there is no point in voting for anyone other than the two major parties. And frankly they're right. System is broken, neither party has any incentive to fix it, so we're fucked.

I have actually cooled off of Gary Johnson a little, but if the election were tomorrow I feel as if he would be the easy choice. I was hoping Austin Peterson could steal the Libertarian nomination.

I thought it was kind of hilarious though. Saw an interview with Clinton and she was asked about having a woman as a running mate. You could see it in her face, that she wanted NO PART of that question. I don't necessarily blame her, because if she has any shot, it will not be on a woman only ticket. You can say what you want about me or my opinion, but America would flip shit over that and she would crash and burn bigger than she already will.

I am still waiting for her indictment, although reading around (not sure how credible) it looks like Obama is pushing back any potential bombshells until after the election. I also don't know why Paul Ryan didn't run. He's arguably the most powerful Republican in the country and he would have decimated Hillary. Unless some kind of ridiculous scandal breaks down the line, I really feel he will be the President at some point.

I have actually cooled off of Gary Johnson a little, but if the election were tomorrow I feel as if he would be the easy choice. I was hoping Austin Peterson could steal the Libertarian nomination.

I thought it was kind of hilarious though. Saw an interview with Clinton and she was asked about having a woman as a running mate. You could see it in her face, that she wanted NO PART of that question. I don't necessarily blame her, because if she has any shot, it will not be on a woman only ticket. You can say what you want about me or my opinion, but America would flip shit over that and she would crash and burn bigger than she already will.

I am still waiting for her indictment, although reading around (not sure how credible) it looks like Obama is pushing back any potential bombshells until after the election. I also don't know why Paul Ryan didn't run. He's arguably the most powerful Republican in the country and he would have decimated Hillary. Unless some kind of ridiculous scandal breaks down the line, I really feel he will be the President at some point.

I think Ryan is waiting one more cycle. I don't think he wanted anything to do with Trump. If Trump loses, he tries in four years. If Trump wins, but crashes and burns, he tries in four years to take the party nominee. If Trump wins and does ok, he tries in 8 years.

I'm with Gary Johnson on some issues but he would still over all suck as a president. He supports free trade deals and opposes campaign finance reform. He's for privatized prisons. I can't support that.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I think he would do some really bizarre stuff and while I feel his platform still aligns with my values more than Trump or Hillary -- something about him just seems a little ambiguous. Hearing him talk at times makes me a little worried, ha. And Bill Weld as a running mate doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence either. Like I said though, I do think he would be much better than Trump or Hillary. Just a lot of bad choices all around.

As far as Ryan goes, ya. And honestly, it is probably in his best interest to wait. However, I am in so much denial abotu how this process has turned out thus far. Sitting here, I really can't and don't want to imagine a President Clinton or President Trump. I so much want to avoid that reality, that I am just hoping for some kind of miracle so that we can avoid it.

It will be interesting to see what Sanders does now. He doesn't seem like one that would endorse Hillary, but he may be pressured to do so.

Also, Ron Paul. Man. Myth. Legend.

• Upvote 1

Someone get Ray and his white suit. Fuck it, get him two white suits. We'll make them both disappear.

Not sure I'm gonna vote, TBH.

• Upvote 2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-deutsch/the-trump-diagnostic_b_9643176.html

^ Interesting read on Donald's values vs. his rhetoric

This is a good read and actually has always been my read on Trump from the beginning. I didn't buy his pandering to the extreme right, he's being a salesman. After hearing his tune change multiple times to different audiences it was clear he's just selling himself. My biggest thing with Trump is if he can actually handle the office. Although obviously Hillary looks just as inept as well. Whoever wins needs an amazing cabinet :badass:

Honestly Elizabeth Warren seems the best VP option for Killary. It should be a good way to keep the Bernie supporters who'll actually show up for the general without having to put Bernie himself on the ballot.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson and very proud to do so. He's not perfect, but would be a million years better than Trump and Hilary.

if any pollsters ask me between now and November I'll tell them I'm voting Johnson, it'd be great if he qualified for some debates, but in all likelihood I'm going to vote for Hill :puke: ary, sorry for that interruption, basically voting for the devil I know over the devil I don't

Julian Assange and WikiLeaks are threatening to release more Hillary emails that "would be more than enough to file an indictment" against her. Granted, just as... Thanatos? said I think.. She won't be anyway, and Assange said as much as well.

if any pollsters ask me between now and November I'll tell them I'm voting Johnson, it'd be great if he qualified for some debates, but in all likelihood I'm going to vote for Hill :puke: ary, sorry for that interruption, basically voting for the devil I know over the devil I don't

I'm kind of in the same boat right now. I'm thinking Johnson but when it comes to November I'll probably end up going Hillary just to make sure there is no Trump.

More of Trump being a complete jackass who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about: http://imgur.com/gallery/ATcsi

I cannot believe this man is this close to the Presidency.

So why doesn't wikileaks just do it? Don't say it, just do it.

justdoit.gif

qlRTQDy.jpg

More Trump being assholeish. The five people who were convicted in the incident to which he refers were all later exonerated by DNA evidence. But sure, just execute them.

Edited by Thanatos