oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Yeah the Aleppo controversy is kind of grasping at straws.

• Upvote 1

I entirely agree that Johnson not immediately remembering Aleppo is a Syrian city isn't a big deal, just a media bullshit story. I think it will still harm him in the polls though.

yeah, definitely not a great look for a guy who's trying to be taken more seriously

I don't think I have heard "Aleppo" in the news and I watch two broadcasts every night. Was watching World News tonight and they said the kid pulled out of the building in Syria that made the media rounds (here) was in Aleppo and I was never aware of that before. Perhaps I just missed it each time Aleppo was mentioned, but i feel fairly current and up to date with the refugee situation in Syria. It's a gaffe, no doubt, but fairly minimal in my opinion.

Not really sure this belongs here, but I liked it.

Back to Johnson and Aleppo.

On Thursday, Alan Rappeport of The New York Times printed an article on Gary Johnson‘s so-called gaffe in being unable to identify Aleppo. Said Rappeport:

Gary Johnson, the former New Mexico governor and Libertarian Party presidential nominee, revealed a surprising lack of foreign policy knowledge on Thursday that could rock his insurgent candidacy when he could not answer a basic question about the crisis in Aleppo, Syria.

However, it had to be revised, as:
An earlier version of this article incorrectly called the city of Aleppo the de facto capital of the Islamic State and an ISIS stronghold. Raqqa, in northern Syria, is the de facto ISIS capital.

The New York Times later issued an additional correction:
Because of an editing error, an earlier version of the above correction misidentified the Syrian capital as Aleppo. It is Damascus.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/new-york-times-aleppo-johnson/

The NYT doesn't even know what Aleppo is.

Favre, I am not watching that video, but the fact that you would consider Milo Yioaruhacuiefafasfpolis as good in anyway is embarrassing. He's a beyond terrible person, and if you find yourself on his side, you should rethink your views.

Favre, I am not watching that video, but the fact that you would consider Milo Yioaruhacuiefafasfpolis as good in anyway is embarrassing. He's a beyond terrible person, and if you find yourself on his side, you should rethink your views.

Nice counter-argument to Milo. Really good stuff.

Bring something to the table next time, Blots. You're better than that.

Milo is good when it comes to discussing censorship in college along with the rising wave of SJWs, but on nearly everything else he is essentially a gay nazi. Extreme push for authoritarian government by the right which is a mess. Also a lot of the shit he says has zero backing. Like saying that gay men are natural and tolerable but lesbians are awful creatures who should be exterminated. Insulting opposition rather than debating them. Calling for an extermination of all sects of Islam. He's essentially the perfect opposite of SJW movements. Nutty right wing person who says stupid shit that has zero facts backing it and wants government reinforcement of his political views.

Your last paragraph explains why nothing said by him deserves respect. If you want a source for your point, find someone else.

Your last paragraph explains why nothing said by him deserves respect. If you want a source for your point, find someone else.

I'm saying give reasons for telling Favre he should reevaluate opinions. Simply saying, "He's despicable and if you like him so are you," is about as pathetic as it gets.

Edited by 7-9
  • Upvote 1

Thats fair. I suppose Favre might have honestly not known who he was. He's been in the news a lot lately so I just assumed he would've.

• Upvote 1

I've watched a lot of stuff of his, ya. He is definitely along the lines of troll and reminds in a way of SKip Bayless who just says outrageous things (at times) to garner reaction and readership for Breitbart. However, I think there is a lot of truth to what he says as well.

However, I think there is a lot of truth to what he says as well.

You support the neo-nazi movement.

I support the death of all people #AllLivesMatter

• Upvote 1

How so?

How so?

Because for people that get so mad about political correctness, Neo-Nazis sure get mad when you don't call their movement "alt-right."

Again here we go with the broad generalizations and attacking a person's character.

Simply agreeing with Milo on certain subjects or thinking he raises valid arguments is not supporting a neo-nazi movement. That's like saying someone who thinks BLM raises some good points wants to burn down the city and kill white people. Milo, if you take bits and pieces of his commentary, can come off as agreeable and well thought out. When you look at the whole package he's a complete nut. So assuming Favre is all about the whole package of Milo over a few interesting and truthful points is silly.

Let me ask the question that is really worth asking at Favre. What exactly do you support of Milo's stances and why?

Let me repeat myself since you must have misunderstood what I said.

Simply agreeing with Milo on certain subjects or thinking he raises valid arguments is not supporting a neo-nazi movement.

• Upvote 1

Let me repeat myself since you must have misunderstood what I said.

Simply agreeing with Milo on certain subjects or thinking he raises valid arguments is not supporting a neo-nazi movement.

And I'm saying that if the only person that you can find that agrees with you isa neo-nazi, maybe you should reconsider that opinion. I'm assuming he couldn't find anyone else making that point or else he wouldn't bother choosing Milo as his representative.

Because for people that get so mad about political correctness, Neo-Nazis sure get mad when you don't call their movement "alt-right."

I don't really care so much about labels and I don't understand how that means I support Neo-Nazism. lol. Hitler loved chocolate cake, and so do I ... doesn't mean I support antisemitism. For a more accurate comparison, the Nazi party did a lot with animal conservation (stuff that the US uses today, mind you) and anti-tobacco campaigns that I liked / agree with... Again, doesn't make me a Nazi. lol

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

When people run anti-smoking ads, no one bothers to post videos of hitler saying that. Because there are numerous other sources for that viewpoint.

Of course, you'll never find someone that isn't a neonazi supporting the "alt-right" movement because alt-right is just a PC way to say neo-nazi (or white supremacist i suppose).

When people run anti-smoking ads, no one bothers to post videos of hitler saying that. Because there are numerous other sources for that viewpoint.

Of course, you'll never find someone that isn't a neonazi supporting the "alt-right" movement because alt-right is just a PC way to say neo-nazi (or white supremacist i suppose).

Are you pro-war and finding out if sand glows? The Alt-Right isn't... I don't think that view is really that ridiculous or insane -- just to name one and keep it simple for the time being.

That view doesn't make one a Neo-Nazi, I don't believe.

Are you pro-war and finding out if sand glows? The Alt-Right isn't... I don't think that view is really that ridiculous or insane -- just to name one and keep it simple for the time being.

That view doesn't make one a Neo-Nazi, I don't believe.

What