oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Did you hear that? That was the sound of Trump 2016 crashing and burning.

Apparently plenty of people care, Phil, given that quite a few Republicans have withdrawn their endorsements for Trump.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, good news, in 31 days this is all going to be over with.

:dance:

In an interesting turn of events, the republican party is going to stop funding Trump's election and divert all election funds down-ballot. Same thing they did with Bob dole in 1996 when it was clear he was going to lose. In another interesting turn of events, there are people in the party who are refusing the order and still going to work for Trump. Basically, the republican party is a fractured mess right now.

In an interesting turn of events, the republican party is going to stop funding Trump's election and divert all election funds down-ballot. Same thing they did with Bob dole in 1996 when it was clear he was going to lose. In another interesting turn of events, there are people in the party who are refusing the order and still going to work for Trump. Basically, the republican party is a fractured mess right now.

Not all that big of a turn of events, ha.

An Apprentice producer says there are tapes of Trump "far worse" than what was released the other day. The show and network are now facing pressure to release said tapes.

And here. we. go.

An Apprentice producer says there are tapes of Trump "far worse" than what was released the other day. The show and network are now facing pressure to release said tapes.

Can't say thats surprising. NBC probably has thousands of hours of unaired Trump footage. I can't imagine they want to release it though.

"and here's tape of Trump eating pizza with a fork and knife"

"god what a piece of shit."

uekpm9jxmO0w8KWaLJHHVamEiCUmK4guVkfcKpjp

:rog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UH2XikAw4w

I can't get enough of how big of an absolute dumbass Gary Johnson is. I mean this guy is just fucking LOST... he literally has no clue what he's doing. If he got up there in a debate with Trump and Hillary, he'd embarrass the fuck out of himself. I'd love to see it. :smug:

Edited by Piggly Wiggly

Can't possibly do any worse than Trump in the first debate, lmao. Dude was completely clueless and went on rambling tangents half the time, then patted himself on the back afterwards for not going after Bill's affairs as an easy target- and now everything is pointing to him using that exact line of argument in debate #2. He can say what he wants, Trump is desperate as fuck and can feel the election slipping away.

Tonight's debate is must-see TV IMO. Trump is prolly gonna have an epic meltdown. He knows he can't win now, so he'll prolly just attack Hillary the whole time and get super emo.

Can't possibly do any worse than Trump in the first debate, lmao. Dude was completely clueless and went on rambling tangents half the time, then patted himself on the back afterwards for not going after Bill's affairs as an easy target- and now everything is pointing to him using that exact line of argument in debate #2. He can say what he wants, Trump is desperate as fuck and can feel the election slipping away.

No kidding . I hope when he loses he talks crap about himself as much as he trashed Romney for choking . He (Trump) is only going to lose against one of the worst presidential candidates of all time. How embarrassing .

• Upvote 1

Trump is a dumb cunt, but I have absolutely no problem with what he said. He was having a "guy" conversation and joking around. I mean, I'm fine with him tanking, but blow him up over something of substance. He's provided us with quite the fuckton of it, lol.

• Upvote 2

Trump could execute someone on live TV and I'd be cool with it if he lowers them taxes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Trump could execute someone on live TV and I'd be cool with it if he lowers them taxes.

You're a selfish child.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought Anderson did better as a moderator overall... Martha Radditz was clearly favoring and gimping for Hillary. Most of the debate, you could tell was in her favor -- that's the liberal media though.

Trump definitely got unnerved multiple times and I just cringed each time. A big problem he has is that he seems just so long-winded. The guy goes on and on and his entire response is made up of like 20 mini-responses to different things. He lacks focus in each individual answer, rambles, and the answers as a whole don't flow very well.

Hillary on the other hand is a career politician who is helped by her ability to remain calm. She works the audience and people better. But honestly she left open some gaping holes that Trump didn't take advantage of that shouldn't exist to begin with. If she was debating almost anyone else -- should would be getting destroyed.

One small example. The question came up about Trump's tax deductions and I thought he made a fair point that Hillary has been in a position to change things but just hasn't. Hillary comes back and says she couldn't do anything because of a Republican President AND his ability to veto... Like one question later or perhaps even in the same response but at a different point in the back and forth, she talks herself up for working both sides of the aisle to get things done even though she just blamed a Rep. President for her inability to make changes to the tax code.

Or, her bashing Trump over and over for degrading women or his comments in the released video.. She said that those kind of things made him unfit for the Presidency... Hopefully she thinks / thought the same thing about Bill. Trump did bring it up, but drew it out forever and the hit wasn't nearly as hard as it could've / should've been. He abused many many women and Hillary partook in her own sick way. She's also done her part to put African Americans in jail at a a rate that isn't proportional with other races.

Also, I think Trump does have a very strong grasp of the tax code and how to fix it. Hillary made a point about not wanting to take his advice on the tax code... but really who would be better to fix the holes then someone who knows and uses them?

Honestly -- this entire exchange just highlights how terrible both of these candidates are.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Hillary wasn't great but she didn't have to be. At this point, all she has to do is not implode and she'll win. Trump is doing her work for her.

Trump did better than the first debate but that was mostly in temperament, not substance. He might've stopped the bleeding (and apparently did well enough to keep pence) but I don't think he really helped himself get voters that he lost.

I agree with blots' assessment, though if I were a Hillary fan, I'd be a little uncomfortable that she hasn't put Trump away yet. She's been content to kick FGs without even trying for a TD.

He literally bragged about sexual assault.