oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Oh also, Bernie has said for months that he'd endorse Hillary if she won, so anyone who is surprised...way to pay attention to your guy.

Ahhhh, he was fake from the beginning. Now it makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up.

I'd like Gary Johnson a lot more if he wasn't being a baby and whining about Donald. He's really turning me off with his pissing and moaning.

• Downvote 1

It's part of the political process, you run for the democratic party, you support the democratic nominee so you don't get blackballed out of politics entirely because everyone finds you untrustworthy and you're actively undermining the party's interests if you don't fall in line. If Bernie was running as an independent, then it'd be a different story, but he's running under the banner of the democrats so he has to follow the company line.

It's like if you call your boss a cunt, you're gonna get fired. Doesn't matter if it is true or not, if he didn't endorse Hillary, he'd basically be calling her a cunt.

• Upvote 1

He's going to get blackballed out of politics? That would require some conspiracy level shit that Blots doesn't believe in. What are they going to do? Put a bunch of money behind a Democrat and try to win? Voter fraud? By the way, they totally would have done it... But at least he would have had his principles.

He betrayed millions of people and I actually feel somewhat bad for people who donated money to him on the ground of fighting corruption and the political revolution he stood for.

I don't know how many are true supporters and who was just on the bandwagon... But REAL fans of Bernie, his platform, and his message will not be voting for Hillary Clinton who is a banner(wo)man for wall street, corruption, and war.

If people wanted that political revolution they'd start by threatening the politicians of this country, and start an actual war against the wealthy one percent. Of course, considering no one wants to deal with the backlash and repercussion of those actions, a rapid political change will never be in the cards for america. As for Bernie betraying his supporters, he's out of the race. He can't win as a member of the democrats and a third party will never have a legitimate shot as long as the big two collude to keep it that way through the political process. His options are endorse Trump (which would never happen), endorse a third party candidate (to essentially give Trump the election by splitting Hilldog's votes) or endorse the Democratic Nominee, keeping his name in the hat for future elections and being able to work with the democratic party to start making slow changes to the process.

With all that in mind, the choice is obvious for him. If his supporters feel betrayed, they should do their part and shake up congress, the senate, do something more than bitch and moan behind a computer screen and get politicians who have their interests in mind. It'd also help if they realized that these widespread changes they want will probably take at least ten years, and by then they might not even want them anymore.

• Upvote 2

Option 4: Don't endorse anyone!

Woah... crazy.

The guy's 74 and spent 25 years in Congress before running for President, did anyone really expect him to turn his campaign into an independent/3rd party run? And I know he's technically listed as an independent but that's absolutely in name only, he's always caucused with the Democrats and he's only run against a Democratic candidate once since 1992 and he was endorsed by the DNC in both of his Senate races.

Edited by oochymp

Lmao at anyone who is surprised by Sanders endorsing Clinton. Not surprised some people in here are trying to make it out like he betrayed his supporters, laughable as that is. He said months ago he would do anything to keep Trump out of the White House, this is his best chance to do so.

Sanders kept his word and brought up a lot of good points while campaigning that may or may not be absorbed into the Democratic agenda, but it certainly at least brought those issues up.

It's also not surprising that some people can't see that there are those who actually want to try to make some real change happen rather than just crowing about standing on principles and never getting anything done. Actual change will always require compromise, at least until we get rid of the two party system, which isn't happening anytime soon.

Edited by Thanatos

Mike Pence is the guy.

Know nothing about him, but that's not saying much.

Like I posted on Bware's Facebook:

His entire campaign has been "doing what he can from within a corrupt system." If he doesn't endorse, all of his work is for nothing and he's laughed out of relevance like Ron Paul.

• Upvote 1

He is already irrelevant. Unless he becomes VP.

Looks like a bitch move.

Edited by BJABY
  • Downvote 1

In the world of politics you either die a hero or live long enough to become the bitch.

• Upvote 2

What a shit show of an election. Hillary gotta be one of the most outwardly corrupt politicians there is and Trump is a salesman preaching nationalism and has the entire political landscape confused because they don't know if he's progressive or conservative :yao:

Obvs I voted shoot me, but realistically if I actually was registered to vote (I'm not because honestly even though I understand the whole lesser of two evils stuff, I just can't put my name on someone I don't like and I haven't liked one politician in my entire life) I might actually of voted Trump in this election. That's how fucked up of a situation this election is in. Because while the shit Trump says is ridiculous most of the time at his core it's just all about nationalistic principles more than anything else and obviously that's going to help me/us more than Hillary's status quo platform.

Because if you really think she's gonna implement things Bernie's kind of forced her to acknowledge; you're naive. I don't trust Hillary or Trump, but one is a lot easier to read. And it's not Hillary. Almost a case of better the devil I know than the devil I don't.

Fuck this.

john-stewart.gif

Hillary's like a fruit cake--you're curious about what's in it but you know that fruitcake in general is so nasty that you don't want to take a bite, anyway.

Trump is like a Terry Crews' character--loud, obnoxious, and so obviously lacking in intelligence and tact that you just can't stomach him.

Gary Johnson looks like a mix of Mark Harmon and Daniel Craig, so he's like the cool grandpa candidate.

• Upvote 2

Gary Johnson always wants to prevent the government from being able to tell ISPs that they can't throttle certain services (that don't pay them money), and if you live outside of a big city- hell I live in Louisville and I only have 2- where most of the time you only have 1 or 2 choices for ISPs, that is a serious problem.

I want a president who tells ISPs that they can't charge gargantuan amounts for cable/wifi packages. I shouldn't have to spend nearly $200 a month for that shit (hence why I dropped cable, which sucks but it's better than being gouged every month).

My ISP has pretty much monopolied my area. They are a very crooked company.

Edited by BwareDWare94

It's not the government's job to protect your internet. :nope:

Its is the government's job to prevent monopolies/regulate industries where monopolies happen to form (ie electric companies, water companies). The ISP system in the US is a disaster that has to be fixed.

• Upvote 1

Indeed. The impression that was coming off wasn't one of eliminating a monopoly, just one of getting cheap services. :p

If you take econ 101 in college, you'll learn about "natural monopolies." They're an industry with very high startup costs (laying down cable wires) and low cost after that (providing cable services). This means that its often not worth it for multiple companies to compete for one market. The government response is to call these "utilities" i.e. the water and electricity services I mentioned before. This puts regulations on the services as they would have an unfair monopoly otherwise. So bware is saying that he'd be fine with there being a monopoly, if it came with the government regulations such as net neutrality and reasonable prices. Since it seems unlikely that we'll ever break through the blatant collusion in the ISP world, this is probably the best response.

Gary Johnson says "lets let ISPs do what they want and who gives a fuck about the customers because the (not really) free market is god."

Yes I understand this. I have no problem eliminating monopolies. I have an issue with people thinking government should force cheap services. That's the vibe I got, as I said. I know how monopolies work Blots.

Yes I understand this. I have no problem eliminating monopolies. I have an issue with people thinking government should force cheap services. That's the vibe I got, as I said. I know how monopolies work Blots.

And why shouldn't the government mandate affordable services when these companies are making ridiculous amounts of money off of services that are extremely cheap to provide?

If businesses will not regulate themselves and be fair to consumers, then perhaps the government should step in. In a perfect world, the government can let businesses conduct business, but historically businesses would rather do things like gouge customers and pay shit wages to employees.

If you don't want the government involved, have some basic ethics. There's profits to be had without swindling customers AND employees.