oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Sarge is well aware, he's just not willing to parrot DNC propaganda and vote for somebody that doesn't represent his political views because she's the lesser of two evils. We've been voting for the lesser of two evils for decades and it's gotten us precisely where we are today where we need a political revolution. He's making a statement with his vote. If the democrats lose to Trump of all people they might have change the way they do business and the DNC might not force another bad candidate on us like they did this cycle.

• Upvote 1

Sarge is well aware, he's just not willing to parrot DNC propaganda and vote for somebody that doesn't represent his political views because she's the lesser of two evils. We've been voting for the lesser of two evils for decades and it's gotten us precisely where we are today where we need a political revolution. He's making a statement with his vote. If the democrats lose to Trump of all people they might have change the way they do business and the DNC might not force another bad candidate on us like they did this cycle.

The DNC isn't even preparing for a Trump presidency because they have the whole thing rigged... Lol. They aren't and shouldn't be worried about it.

And is Hillary... really, the lesser of two evils? I mean, sure, in some minds... But come on.

After reading: Lololololololololololololol you took that specific article seriously. First of all, he says don't bother trying to change my opinion because it is reasonable or whatever thanks to me being concerned about the Supreme Court.

1) you can tell that this was written in June, before the tons and tons of stories had come out of how bad trump was to work with, including flat-out not paying people for work done. How do you think foreign countries would feel if they didn't trust us? Maybe wouldn't be a literal nuclear war, but it wouldn't be good.

2) i don't think trump is necessarily a bad businessman, though this campaign has destroyed his brand so, not a great call there Donny. But whatever I don't feel like arguing financial things.

3) Ah the classic "not a race so not racist" argument. Its not arguing a point on whether trumps behavior is wrong, just making an argument that it's ok to be bigoted if it's towards the right ethnicity. Not to mention Trump acting like all black people live in the ghetto. Oh and Trump refused to rent out his apartments to black people until a lawsuit forced him to. There is a reason the KKK has supported trump in a way that they haven't supported any candidate since George Wallace.

4) By Adams' admission, Trump only supports LGBT and women's issues when it gives him a chance to go after another target he doesn't like. Trumps ex-wife literally had to sign an NDA as a part of their divorce so I don't know how you could use her as someone who likes him. what good is this when you have him wanting to remove Roe v Wade? I don't blame Adams for trying to make this point pre-bully bush tape, but Favre this should've made it obvious that this is not an article to back up your viewpoint. I guess these are the straws you grasp at when you try to make trump not look like an awful candidate.

1) you can tell that this was written in June,

Yup, it was a planned two-fer. Aren't you lucky!

The DNC isn't even preparing for a Trump presidency because they have the whole thing rigged... Lol. They aren't and shouldn't be worried about it.

And is Hillary... really, the lesser of two evils? I mean, sure, in some minds... But come on.

Does is matter?

Edited by BJOSA

Roe vs Wade can really only be effected at the state level. It's a dumb and dead issue that gets brought up to get people to resign to more wars and more legislation in favor of banks and big business which both parties for the most part agree on. Especially with people like Hillary running the show for the democrats. Gay marriage is the same way. It'd be next to impossible for anyone to reverse those decisions at the federal level. Governors and state legislatures are the ones who can do damage to that progress.

If you care about Bernie's policies you need to hold the DNC accountable for forcing the worst candidate possible down our throat and pushing war hawkish and corporate donor agenda's. The only way we can do that is with our votes or non votes.

Edited by seanbrock

Sarge, are you aware that Bernie is no longer running?

You really aren't very good at this whole "getting the point" thing, blots. It has been spelled out for you time and time again. If this is a troll, well done. I never saw it coming.

If not, take a step back and realize that sean gets it and you don't. Let that simmer for a while.

Sean I've got one question as regards your logic for voting for Trump. What about the Supreme Court? Are you ok with Trump getting 2-3 justice appointments?

I'm definitely not comfortable with Hillary getting 2-3 :yao:

I only did a quick look through when it was released, but I didn't have any problems with Trump's list of potential nominees.

I only did a quick look through when it was released, but I didn't have any problems with Trump's list of potential nominees.

Neither do I, for that matter. It's sean's opinion I'm talking about, given his liberal leanings.

Hillary's nominations would be neo liberals and one of her leaked emails had her nominating a Texas Republican. Anyone who she nominated would be pro citzens united anyway. I really don't think it matter to be honest.

What can these judges do to reverse decision the court already made? How are these judges going to hurt fay rights?

Supreme court cases have been overturned plenty of times.

The whole supreme court thing is a scare tactic. We're getting bad judges no matter what anyway.

Guest Phailadelphia

This election has turned otherwise smart, intelligent people into conspiracy-sharing dummies.

Can't wait until this shit is over.

Trump has such a good temperament that his campaign staff literally has to take his phone away to prevent him from self-sabotaging on Twitter between now and Tuesday. And he's privately discussing all the ways he will exact revenge on his enemies if he's elected. Y'all really want to give this asshole the nuclear codes?

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/6/13541496/trump-final-days-twitter

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

And I'm still voting for him because he'll be a 1 term president that gives us a chance to elect a real progressive off the moment Bernie Sanders' movement created. Hillary Clinton is a piece of shit. She's the most corrupt politician I've ever seen. She'll do more damage to the democratic party than I think either you or blots realize. She's not a liberal at all.

Guest Phailadelphia

And I'm still voting for him because he'll be a 1 term president that gives us a chance to elect a real progressive off the moment Bernie Sanders' movement created. Hillary Clinton is a piece of shit. She's the most corrupt politician I've ever seen. She'll do more damage to the democratic party than I think either you or blots realize. She's not a liberal at all.

Is she, or has the media and a 20-year Republican campaign against her and Bill led you to believe she's corrupt?

If you elect Trump, we may not have an election in 2020.

Um, yes she CLEARLY is corrupt. lol

Never mind all the emails and wikileaks. She gets millions of dollars from the banks and military industrial complex and she's extremely pro bank and one of the biggest hawks in Washington. This is clear as day to anyone with a brain. If Hillary gets elected we could have nuclear war with Russia so I don't understand your point.

Guest Phailadelphia

I can't make my point any clearer. Voting for Trump because Bernie didn't get the DNC nomination is an act of monumental stupidity and does literally nothing to serve your aims of electing a more progressive candidate in 2020 (which, by the way, will not be Hillary).

We had the best opportunity for a progressive "change" candidate in Obama than we're going to get for a long time. But we allowed the GOP to take back the House in 2010 and grind his terms into the ground.

You want progress? Pay more attention to congressional races down ballot and tell everyone you know to do the same. Bernie and any other progressive can't and won't do shit in the current environment of obstructionism.

Shocker of all shockers, the new emails have been reviewed and there's nothing.

http://latest.com/2016/11/james-comey-we-have-not-changed-our-conclusions-about-hillary-case-after-reviewing-new-emails/

Which anyone who has followed this case from the start knew would happen. It's especially telling considering one former FBI agent recently referred to the agency as "Trumpland" due to its large number of Trump supporters.

This American Life did a great piece on the emails yesterday. I encourage y'all (Sean) to give it a listen.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel