oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Yeah, no chance Trump wins today. Quote me on it.

cartman-tears.gif

Hope you didn't kill yourself, Phail. :mjlaugh:

• Upvote 2

You know what, at least Phil and cherry have their guy. They supported him whatever.

You people that claim to be liberals in any way and still supported trump because of Bernie or because you don't like Hillary can fuck right off. The republicans control every aspect of the government and if you think trump is losing in 2020 you're horribly mistaken. We're in this for the long haul.

The DNC has nobody to blame but themselves Trump won by harping on DEMOCRAT issues. If they didn't send jobs over seas with horrible trade deals and side with the banks over the people they'd be the ones in control of Washington. They turned their backs on their base and they paid dearly for it as they so richly deserved.

• Upvote 1

You know what, at least Phil and cherry have their guy. They supported him whatever.

You people that claim to be liberals in any way and still supported trump because of Bernie or because you don't like Hillary can fuck right off. The republicans control every aspect of the government and if you think trump is losing in 2020 you're horribly mistaken. We're in this for the long haul.

What I really think you're still not getting is a lot of people don't consider Hillary a true liberal. And if you compare her to Bernie, she's not.

I wonder how many people are writing in Harambe for the lels.

Quite a few, it turns out.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I don't know why that's so funny, but holy shit guise, Bware made a funny.

Also, I want to just say something. Unlike the Obama haters of the last 8 years, I am not going to root for Trump to fail, though I believe he will. He's going to be the next President, so we have to hope he makes some sensible decisions that will help us.

I still believe Bernie Sanders was the best candidate in this election, and I will always believe that. I hope someone a bit younger takes up his mantle and makes a name for him or herself in the coming years to keep the ideas Bernie introduced alive, and maybe one day put them into action.

If you actually think the elections are rigged after Donald fucking Trump just won the Presidency, it is you who are the naive one, Mr. Phil Elliot.

The idea that the elites wanted Trump is fucking hilarious.

This whole thing is hilarious.

I revert back to my previous stance that I am going to find as much humor in this as I can. Never would have been happy that Hillary won, but more of relief that a xenophobic, racist, megalomaniac didn't win. America voted him in, AND they gave his party control of both houses of Congress. Yall deserve exactly what you get in the next four years. Possibly eight. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the ensuing comedy.

As far as why Trump won, I think Michael Moore, of all people, hit the nail on the head. Moore predicted he would win the Republican nomination in July of 2015 and then predicted he would win the Presidency in June of 2016. He said he would contest all four "rust belt" states: PA, OH, MI, and WI. The people didn't care that Trump was a horrible person. It didn't matter. They just wanted an outsider to shake things up. As Moore put it, he was their personal molotov cocktail they could lob into DC. It was the biggest Fuck You ever.

He also said that it would be Trump's supporters turning out in droves because they were the most motivated, unlike in 2008. A lot of Hillary's supporters were reluctant ones, either just anti-Trump or people who really liked Bernie and didn't like her for what she did to him. So maybe they voted, but they didn't spend ten hours convincing all their friends to come with them.

She is still going to win the popular vote by a narrow margin- <150,000, it looks like. For whatever that's worth.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like I said, we needed to purge neoliberalism in order to move forward. It had to happen. In many ways neoliberalism is much more dangerous than anything the Republican's could dream of because it undermines progressiveness in politics completely rather than opposing it as conservatives/republicans do. Neoliberalism is insidious, it's sneaky. It pretends to be your friend but stabs you in the back. Neoliberalism has provided the false illusion that our goals are unachievable because conservatives (lol) when that's simply an outrageous fallacy. We are the majority and when we make our voices heard by voting or not voting it makes a huge difference. This election cycle we made it clear that we would not support a party who has failed us. Last time we put a black man in the oval office! This is our country now and we will shift the political landscape again in 4 years.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty heart breaking that this edgelord won the presidency...didn't win one minority vote. Just goes to show you how divided America is.

I think this goes without saying seeing all the stats coming out about how the voters voted.

lol you actually fail to understand it proves my point.

neither candidate, no candidate has ever been chosen by the people. These are puppets paid well to shut up and play a part.

lets see....a black President followed by a strong possible female candidate. Its a tv show. they are giving the people what they want.

you are so brainwashed you enjoy being a compliant debt slave and think its freedom lol

You seriously have something mentally wrong with you. Get help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You seriously have something mentally wrong with you. Get help.

I legitimately laughed at work when I read the "get help" part lmao

Another thing keeps occurring to me: it remains to be seen what will happen to the Republican Party under President Trump. Maybe they'll move further to the right; maybe they'll become more moderate. Trump certainly has plenty of liberal tendencies.

But what's more significant, to me, is that the Democratic Party will now take a dramatic step to the left, in an effort to become more progressive, a step they never would have taken under President Hillary Clinton.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

I think this goes without saying seeing all the stats coming out about how the voters voted.

I'm just saying...for those that don't believe it

Another thing keeps occurring to me: it remains to be seen what will happen to the Republican Party under President Trump. Maybe they'll move further to the right; maybe they'll become more moderate. Trump certainly has plenty of liberal tendencies.

But what's more significant, to me, is that the Democratic Party will now take a dramatic step to the left, in an effort to become more progressive, a step they never would have taken under President Hillary Clinton.

That's blind hope. How can you be sure they aren't looking at these results and thinking to themselves "We need to get more racist"?

I'm just saying...for those that don't believe it

Do Republican candidates generally win the minority vote?

F4E touched on this, but it's very obvious Trump got more rural, conservative voters to the polls for him than Hillary did for urban, liberal voters. Trump ran up the vote count in rural America and that allowed him to score some massive states on the electoral map.

So, we've always said general elections are about winning independents. But isn't keeping your base fired up just as important?

Just gonna leave this here...

14947908_10211968186626008_2699646586738

• Upvote 2