Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2016 NBA Offseason!

I think OKC trading Ibaka made this happen. No way KD was happy about that.

• Downvote 1

I hate LeDouche more than anyone you will ever meet.

But this... this is worse. This is worse because Durant is leaving a team that actually has pieces around him and have continuously tried to make moves to make the team better.

Ex. See the Brooks firing and getting Donovan who actually pushed the team to a WCF that they had no reason losing

Ex. See the Oladipo/Ibaka Trade

LeDouche left because there was nothing being done to help him in Cleveland, and then he wanted to go play back home with them.

Durant now goes to a Warrior team that has to change their whole mantra of team ball to accomodate him.

It means Ezeli, Bogut, Barnes, and someone else have to leave and that lineup changes dramatically

Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Durant?, Green

The question becomes does Durant move to the 4 and they let Iggy play 3...or does the reverse happen and they let some unknown come in and play the 4.

Either way it changes how that team works and means there's more ego's, mouths to feed for shots and points.

It looks good on paper but I'm hesitant to believe what it looks like in reality. It also hurts their bench, a bench that has put the bricks to people the past couple of years and made the Warriors a step above others.

• Upvote 2

Feel bad for OKC, because Westbrook will now likely bounce (to the Lakers?) after this season. OKC will go from legit championship contender to a dumpster fire in a matter of a year...

Also fuck the Warriors!

• Upvote 1

Russ will be MVP this year :bookit:

This is a problem with the cap rising and contracts not naturally inflating to meet it. Every year the league should automatically have contracts restructured to match the % that the cap rises. It's fair to the players because it means more money each year. It's fair to the teams because it means no overloading on stars when you're already a top tier team.

I think they deal him now if they do. Lakers have some pieces to deal.

Rumor going around saying Tim Duncan is retiring. Spurs going hard after Pau Gasol.

If Duncan retires, the competition in the West just vanished overnight lol.

I think OKC trading Ibaka made this happen. No way KD was happy about that.

Ibaka was disgruntled and about to bolt next year. KD is friends with Oladipo and tried getting them to trade up for him in the draft. Presti has made every decision on this team for KD and he never made decisions without talking to KD first.

Either KD needs to change his mind like DeAndre Jordan did, leaving the Warriors without Barnes, Ezeli, possibly Bogut. That or he needs to fail next year, take his Player Option, return to OKC and do it right the way he should've this season. But, like Fart said, what actually will happen is Westbrook leaves also and they have to fucking rebuild.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

How and where does Durant fit on that team though? It should be interesting to watch, and I find his tweet kind of funny. As if going to the Warriors is in the name of fairness and league balance or something, lmao.

I think there's pretty much none percent chance that KD goes anywhere to play second fiddle, even in the media's eyes.

:troll:

Renewing my middling Warriors fandom card from 2013. 82-0 here come the Warriors.

For the record, that was a joke.

Warriors Could possible win the next few titles.

Stephon Curry and his Splash Brother Shooting 3's and having Durant is just Gravy on top for Warrior fans dear lord this could be a utter nightmare

we will see. Someone gonna have to give up touches and a lot of them.

So today the Mavs have acquired Bogut, Barnes, and Curry.

I feel like they should try to be a bit more subtle.

One way or the other this is terrible for basketball. This makes the 82 game season and playoffs completely arbitrary. It's all for show, at this point. We know who's going to play in the Finals. It's a fucking joke and at the next CBA the league needs to look into ways to make sure shit like this doesn't happen.

Everybody blames LeBron for this. I seem to recall the original "Big 3" of prime-age superstars uniting on one team being the Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtics. LeBron definitely helped this happen with his original move, but it all started with the Boston 3 Party.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One way or the other this is terrible for basketball. This makes the 82 game season and playoffs completely arbitrary. It's all for show, at this point. We know who's going to play in the Finals. It's a fucking joke and at the next CBA the league needs to look into ways to make sure shit like this doesn't happen.

Everybody blames LeBron for this. I seem to recall the original "Big 3" of prime-age superstars uniting on one team being the Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtics. LeBron definitely helped this happen with his original move, but it all started with the Boston 3 Party.

Damn you're butthurt. I'm incredibly excited to see how it plays out. If the Warriors can break win records without KD I'm really interested to see how they do now. Consider it one year of watching the freak team that a little kid builds in 2k.

• Upvote 1

It really started with Duncan, Ginobli and Parker....

But the Spurs have and always will be a team first mentality.

It really started with Duncan, Ginobli and Parker....

But the Spurs have and always will be a team first mentality.

That's not the same thing at all considering the Spurs drafted all 3. The complaint seems to be that signing superstars shouldn't be allowed on teams that already have a superstar, or some equally retarded complaint.

• Upvote 2

That's not the same thing at all considering the Spurs drafted all 3. The complaint seems to be that signing superstars shouldn't be allowed on teams that already have a superstar, or some equally retarded complaint.

Muh parity.

Even though only like 5 teams are contenders every year.

The NBA has always been about superteams get over it and stop listening to Stephen A. Smith.

• Upvote 1

I really wouldn't put this on the Boston big 3 at all. I dont see that many parrelel, especially considering the age difference, etc. Either way I figured he was going to go to GSW when I heard West gave him a call. Don't really care too much either way though, there were probably more reasons then just wanting to win a ring for him leaving.

I think it's a great fit, and I find it strange that some people think KD is going to be playing sidekick to Curry as he's probably the better player. GSW share the ball with the best of them, and guys like Klaus have shown to be willing to only try to take over when it's badly needed.

I have a bigger issue with the most useless, annoying player in the league (Lance) possibly returning to the shittiest team in the league (Pacers).

The NBA has always been about superteams get over it and stop listening to Stephen A. Smith.

SAS loves this super team shit...