Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2016 NBA Offseason!

It's been the offseason for a lot of other fans for a minute, but with the finals over with the offseason is upon us.

With the draft in a couple days, and FA after that what do you guys want your teams to do/draft?

As we all know, the big question is will Kevin Durant stay or go?

The Knick could offer max level for him and pair him up with KP and Melo which would be amazing. I feel it's unlikey though. Also I would love to see the Knick make a move back into the first round for Khris Dunn.

Also thoughts on the Knicks seriously talking about trading for D.Rose?

Edited by Bangy
  • Upvote 1

Melon and Durant together is awful.

Literally 0 chance KD goes to the Knicks.

Honestly, I think he just signs a 1+1 contract with OKC, and puts that decision off a year so he knows about what Westbrook will do.

When does Lebron retire? Until then I refuse to watch the Rigged Basketball Association of Twats

Edited by BLUE

TWolves gonna make noise next year.

Here comes the yearly post where I pretend to care about basketball even though I won't because the 76ers will suck forever and ever :mjtears:

So it looks like Ben Simmons will be the Sixers' guy with the 1st pick. More interestingly, there's a lot of buzz about us then trading Okafor to the Celtics for the 3rd pick, which we would use to draft Kris Dunn. We desperately need something in the backcourt, so that deal would make sense, though out of our current frontcourt (Okafor, Noel, Embiid), Okafar is the guy I'd most want to keep. So if we deal him for a guard, he better be good.

KD to Warriors. Love to Celtics. Harrison Barnes on max deal to Sixers. :bookit:

So Ben Simmons is gonna be a colossal bust. I'm gonna call it right now.

KD stays put or he doesn't care about winning championships. I say that because I'm 110% certain he will not go to GSW.

ATL is more shook than San Francisco.

Literally 0 chance KD goes to the Knicks.

Honestly, I think he just signs a 1+1 contract with OKC, and puts that decision off a year so he knows about what Westbrook will do.

This is pretty much what I think will happen.

I don't see many stars signing long term contracts until the cap numbers start to settle down.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1476/derrick-rose/1

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon.

Wow. The Bulls will be set for rebuilding mode and Rose gets a fresh start. He was one of the worst high-volume players in the NBA last year. Rose was relatively healthy last year, playing in 66 games and not missing more than three consecutive games. He likely won't have the ball in his hands as much with Carmelo Anthony around, so Rose likely won't be a big factor on the stat sheet. He's only a late-round flier in standard leagues.

:ooo:

I honestly don't think Rose and Melo will work together very well especially with Rose being a shell of his former self. But a worthwhile gamble for the Knicks, who need something.

Surprised the Bulls got as much as they did out of Rose.The Bulls team was toxic and had too many players being assholes. Calderon especially should do some really nice things in Chicago.

EDIT: Oh, and getting Lopez to replace Noah is nice as well. Maybe even an upgrade, lmao.

EDIT 2: Looks like Al Horford is going to get A LOT of attention when FA opens

Edited by Favre4Ever

If Horford chose Orlando somehow, I would be giddy with excitement. While it's not likely there is some reports that he is interested and he did go to UF so, maybe...probably not.

Knicks Lawst, what else is new. Didn't think anyone would take Rose's contract. I was wrong :lol: Lopez is an upgrade over Noah at this point with Noah's knee and leg issues (already admitted himself he'll never be the same.) All around a move like this needed to be made and I'm glad it's finally happened. I've been wanting Rose off the squad for 2 years now. His team/family are nothing but trouble off the court, all in his ear making him make mistakes and making him extra delusional. I feel bad for the kid honestly. I hope he finally stands up for himself and puts himself first before his older brothers who are just feasting off of him.

Now the question is, do Bulls go forward with Jimmy as the main guy and build around him (he had probs with Hoiberg), or do they deal him too? We'll see. I dunno about that one...

If they're picking Hoiberg over Butler if it's either/or :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

Thunder trade Ibaka to the Magic for Ilyasova, Oladipo, and Sabonis.

Phenomenal trade for OKC. It was becoming clear Ibaka wasn't such a great fit on the team anymore. I really hope Durant stays now, because I think this team would be really great.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy with the trade, but not super excited. I want to see how the whole offseason plays out. The Magic could not afford to pay both Fournier AND Oladipo and we needed some physcality in the paint. We'll have to match any offer for Fournier now though so that puts us in a rough negioating spot. But I think Ibaka is a good fit for what we need and he'll put up better numbers with a bigger role. I also suspect the Magic are not done making moves, we have cap space and will look to do something else.

Really like that trade for OKC as well. Don't know how Ibaka or the departing pieces fit or didn't fit with Orlando, but the Thunder are ready to do some serious damage.

tumblr_m7bu7t3yVp1r3nkzc.gif

I don't know where to even begin...watching this team throw everything away starting with Thibs since is pretty defeating. The talent was there, the coaching was there...it just is all being blown the fuck up by a front office that has no idea what they are doing. Senility at it's highest form.