Bay

NHL Offseason

Draft is tonight and some moves have been made. Yes, we got rid of Berra. Freddy Andersen to the Leafs. :ooo:

Draft is tonight and some moves have been made. Yes, we got rid of Berra. Freddy Andersen to the Leafs. :ooo:

Like what I'm hearing about this Jost kid. It's a shame he's going to play at least one year in college though before joining the Avs... Hopefully they can address this woeful defense in free agency.

Like what I'm hearing about this Jost kid. It's a shame he's going to play at least one year in college though before joining the Avs... Hopefully they can address this woeful defense in free agency.

Yep, they keep 'upgrading' and the defense looks exactly the same. The forwards arent innoncent in this either. I liked Beauchemin just he's aging. Maybe Roy really does need to change the system...

Flyers drafting a shitload of forwards plus a goalie. I like it.

Nick Holden traded to the rainjizz :chip:

Ok so summary of today's events:

Yzerman did a great job not calling Stamkos' bluff. Clearly Stamkos cares more about winning than he let on.

The Oilers are morons.

The Canadiens are morons.

Wow the Habs traded P.K Subban to the Predators for Webber.

:O

I'm in shock. Truth is I liked Larsson and thought he was a solid player but...wow. Never ever did I think we could get a player like Taylor Hall straight up for him.

Saw a statistic somewhere that from 2012-2016 for players who have played a minimum of 1,000 minutes 5 on 5 Hall has the third highest goals per 60 minutes (believe it was 2.49). Only Crosby and Benn were higher. Not to mention him and Henrique were together in juniors so you figure Henrique centering him now should bring good things.

Injury bug hit us hard last year but I think we should definitely make the playoffs next year. This doesn't make us a Cup contender or anything but it's nice to have a real legit offensive weapon for the first time since Kovalchuk took his ball and went home to the Motherland (although Cammy could also be that if he could stay healthy).

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Good to see MacKinnon sign. Need more than 21 goals though.

7 years 44 million

• Upvote 1

LV still needs to find a team name. I like Aces and Outlaws. But Bill Foley probably gonna settle for Black Knights :notamused:

The league told them that their name could not be gambling related so Aces is definitely out.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/patrick-roy-parts-ways-avalanche-organization/

Patrick Roy parts ways with Avalanche organization

Patrick Roy has left his position as head coach and vice president of hockey operations with the Colorado Avalanche.

The former goaltender and four-time Stanley Cup champion was named was named head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the Avalanche in May of 2013. In three seasons behind the bench Roy finished with a 130-92 -24 record.

Roy was named the Jack Adams Award winner as the NHLs best coach in 2014 after guiding the Avalanche to a 52-22-8 finish.

Roy issued a statement Thursday detailing his decision.

"For the past three years, I have carried out my duties as Head Coach and Vice President of Hockey Operations for the Colorado Avalanche with energy, passion and determination.

I have thought long and hard over the course of the summer about how I might improve this team to give it the depth it needs and bring it to a higher level. To achieve this, the vision of the coach and VP-Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team's performance. These conditions are not currently met.

Today, I am informing you of my decision to leave the Colorado Avalanche organization. Though it saddens me, I have put much thought about this decision in recent weeks and have come to be fully comfortable with it.

I am grateful to the Colorado Avalanche organization, with which I remain in good terms, for letting me lead this great team. I thank all the players I have had the pleasure of coaching and the fans for their unwavering, unconditional support.

I remain forever loyal to the Avalanche with which I played 478 games, coached another 253, and won two Stanley Cups."

Roy appeared in 1,029 games with the Montreal Canadiens and Avalanche and finished his career with a 551-315-131 record to go with a 2.54 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage.

The native of Quebec City, Quebec, captured the Vezina Trophy as the league's best goaltender three times and was the recipient of the Conn Smythe Trophy on three occasions.

Talk about terrible timing... :facepalm:

:wah:

World Cup :smug:

I'm gonna jump off the falls

NHL is back!

People are really low on the Devils this season. I've seen a lot of rankings that that have them as one of the worst teams in the NHL. I feel like we can sneak in to a playoff spot.

Quick going down with a serious injury is huge for the Kings.

I am not sure how to feel with the Rangers, I kind of feel they are at the point where if nothing happens this year a rebuild will have to come. We have good young established talent but not enough and really need the defence to step up this year.