Bay

NHL Offseason

LV gonna settle on some shit boring name :(

First I'd just like to say...

SLAP EM WITH YOUR HOSSA :rock:

Two. LmaoFlyers... 7 goals :yao:

But seriously...our defense :ugh:

Not a fan of Darcy Kuemper in the net

So yeah, incidental contact that was in no way a tripping penalty just ended the Wild's season. Fitting.

Vegas Golden Knights selections will be announced on the 21st during the awards

Marian Hossa may decide to retire from the NHL, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

Hossa was still relatively productive last season, as he scored 26 goals and 45 points in 73 games with the Blackhawks. Unfortunately for the veteran, he's allergic to the equipment he wears. Friedman mentioned that the medication used to treat the allergy is so strong that doctors wanted Hossa to have his blood tested every few weeks. If the 38-year-old is forced to hang up his skates because of the allergy, it would be a sad way to see him go. Hossa's consistently been one of the best

players in the world over the last 15 years.

I cant' imagine attempting to even deal with this, incredible that he even played and played at the level he has... would be sad to see him go out like this :(

Predictions for the Knights starting goalie?

Marc Andre-Fluery to Vegas is the worst kept secret in sports.

I'm really hoping they take Grubi, or at least just leave Schmidt alone

Noooooooooooooo

Breaking: Churry gets an NHL team to root for cause he likes shiny new things

DC5DOSPUMAEJxtw.jpg

• Upvote 1

So for clarity the trades the Golden Knights did...were to keep them from selecting certain players?

So for clarity the trades the Golden Knights did...were to keep them from selecting certain players?

Yeah. They could also do trades to have them specifically take a certain player, but I'm not sure they did any of those.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. They could also do trades to have them specifically take a certain player, but I'm not sure they did any of those.

The Penguins shipped a 2020 2nd-rounder to make sure they took Fleury.

Edit: just saw that, as a cumulative sum of these trades, the Knights have three first-round picks in this year's draft, all in the top 15!

Edited by SteVo

Noooooooooooooo

Pickard was the ONLY player I didn't want Vegas to take... (Should've never even been unprotected in the first place) I seriously hate how the Avs as an organization are being run.

The Penguins shipped a 2020 2nd-rounder to make sure they took Fleury.

Good to know gmgm is screwing with Pittsburgh, grabbing a draft pick to ensure they take the guy they were going to take anyway Edited by oochymp

Edit: just saw that, as a cumulative sum of these trades, the Knights have three first-round picks in this year's draft, all in the top 15!

Wow. They won't be good this year but it definitely seems like the team is going to be well-run.

Pickard was the ONLY player I didn't want Vegas to take... (Should've never even been unprotected in the first place) I seriously hate how the Avs as an organization are being run.

Agreed with everything.

Golden Knights baby :smug:

I believe you mean

560.jpg

:censored::dry:

Is hockey drafting a lot like MLB? Where they draft a dude and don't hear about him for ages.

Edited by Bucman

Is hockey drafting a lot like MLB? Where they draft a dude and don't hear about him for ages.

Forwards if they're good enough will play right away. Defense and goalies will never play right away unless you have another Drew Doughty who will make it to the NHL fast.

NHL defenceman is one of the hardest positions to develop/master in sports. It takes years, these kids are drafted so young. Dougie Hamilton is another one I can think of right away who debuted at 19 years old. Bruins had a young kid who had to step in due to injuries in the playoffs.

Edited by Bay