SteVo

Players/Teams You're Watching in Preseason

Fantasy draft season is on the horizon, and as we all know, the preseason is not useless in that regard. So, which players/teams do you have your eye on this preseason? A few of my own:

• Sterling Shepard :Giants: He's probably the most hyped of all the rookie receivers, so let's see if he's worth it. If he is, that boosts the fantasy value of Odell Beckham and Eli Manning as well.
  • Thomas Rawls :Seahawks: Is he healthy? Is he going to get the bulk of the carries? If so, he could be a steal at his current ADP, but Seattle drafted three running backs in the draft.
  • Ezekiel Elliott :Cowboys: He could warrant a 1st-round pick based on volume and the O-line in front of him, but let's make sure he isn't a bust first.
  • Titans' backfield :Titans: How will reps be split between DeMarco Murray and Darrick Henry? Will DeMarco Murray be utilized correctly?
  • Bills' backfield :Bills: Same predicament as Tennessee. LeSean McCoy or Karlos Williams?
  • Eddie Lacy :Packers: Let's see Skinny Eddie. A good preseason and he could shoot up draft boards.

:Bills: Tyrod Taylor

:dolphins: Jay Ajayi, DeVante Parker

:Steelers: Ladarius Green

:Saints: Michael Thomas

Using NFL.com as a reference as I can't think on my own right now

I'm pretty high on Rawls and yes the word is he will be ready for training camp and certainly won't miss any time unless a new physical issue arises. And don't read too much into RB draft picks except for CJ Prosise. Prosise would spell Rawls and steal some of his 3rd down receptions. The other guys were just depth since we were so solid at other positions. They realized RB depth was crucial as we simply ran out of them last year. I can't see them getting away from what worked. Rawls is still by far more physically intimidating than any of our other backs, and can Prosise even pass block? Rawls has to be treated as the 6th-9th best back in this league. Draft Rawls in the late 2nd / early 3rd, and then scoop up CJ Prosise in round 13 or 14 to handcuff him, and you will be sure to be set at at least 1 of your RB slots for the whole year. If anything, our offense can be good enough to carry our starting RB to greatness.

Ladarius Green was a great answer. Any starting TE for the Steelers could be a top tight end. I wanna see if he turns into one of those redzone TEs.

Also, Martellus Bennett. An older player like him probably won't do a ton of preseason work, but this smells like the Patriots are trying to turn this into a two tight end and Julian Edelman show. Will he become Brady's third option and have some career numbers? That's all very possible, and I'm highly intrigued to see how that will play out.

Brock Osweiler. Is he going to go absolutely bonkers with both Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller to throw to? He could jump up to top-12 QB level with that he has to work with down there.

Sterling Shepard - Loved him coming out of the draft and seeing this Giant offense continue to evolve with McDaddy should be fun. Giants look so nasty at WR... Even if this kid is only mediocre, his game should be elevated because of the guys at his position that should be getting a lot of attention. He has the perfect situation, and I hope he takes advantage.

Brett Hundley - He was arguably the best QB of the preseason last year as a rookie. Yeah, it was just preseason... But I want to see if he can do it again or if it was just a fluke. (Not really fantasy related but still want to watch)

David Johnson - Established himself last season as one of the better all around backs in the league... as a rookie.I want to see if Bruce Arians uses him any differently / more and if he can keep up the production. is it going to be one of those situations where other teams just didn't know who he was or how to play him last season?

RGIII - What's it going to be Bob?

Jared Cook - Maybe a good sleeper at TE. History of under performing may keep him from getting drafted early.

Bay and Ferve, good calls on Ladarius Green and Jared Cook. I feel like TE is a position where you can avoid the "elite" guys and still get great value.

Jared Cook - Maybe a good sleeper at TE.

That line could have come from any pre-season fantasy article in the past seven years

Anyway, one of the main training camp/pre-season battles I'm going to be keeping an eye on is Mark Sanchez v. Paxton Lynch, can Sanchez do enough to hold off the rookie? If he doesn't, I might be willing to take a late round flyer on Lynch, but on the flip side I think the fantasy values of all of Denver's receivers (with the possible exception of DT) would take a hit with a rookie under center. Either way, we're talking about a battle for the most important spot in an offense that includes a lot of potential fantasy stars.