Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Boldin signing with Lions

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2078/anquan-boldin

Lions agreed to terms with WR Anquan Boldin on a one-year contract.

Boldin visited the Lions last month. Boldin still had plenty left in the tank for the pathetic 49ers last season, catching 69 passes in 14 games as he dealt with bottom-three quarterback play. Still, going on 36, he's headed to the Lions as a No. 3 receiver. He'll cut into Golden Tate and Eric Ebron's targets, but shouldn't destroy their fantasy value. As a standalone option, Boldin probably won't be more than a WR5. It's a big addition for a Lions team moving on from Calvin Johnson, but not a major fantasy event.

:notbad:

I actually think he could be a pretty good fantasy get in PPR leagues, Detroit throws the ball so many times and with the weapons around him there he should be able to find plenty of space to work with, definitely a deep sleeper, but I think there's a very good upside

Edited by oochymp

Just a temporary guy to bail Stafford out for a year until they draft a WR in the top 10 next year...lulz. Feel bad for Boldin.

IDK how many targets he gets realistically, but either way, he'll add a lot of versatility to formations, etc. I'm not complaining.

Hopefully Stafford will be back to the form he was in the second half of the season to be able to use whatever is left of Q.

Low key great signing, here. Detroit should contend for a wildcard spot pretty easily this year, barring injuries. I absolutely expect Abdullah and Zenner to provide a nice 1-2 punch at RB. Abdullah's the splash guy who gets the majority of the carries against porous run defenses. Zenner is the bulldozer who can grind out 3-4 yard gains against more stout defenses. I don't expect Detroit to need to throw the ball as often if Ameer and Zack stay healthy, which will open up the passing game and allow guys like Boldin and Ebron to feast in the Red Zone.

Edited by BwareDWare94