Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

DeAndre Hopkins holding out

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli reports DeAndre Hopkins is upset with his contract and has decided to hold out of training camp.
Hopkins is understandably upset with the $9.36 million he is scheduled to make over the next two seasons, but Ganguli reports the Texans "aren’t negotiating." The fact that Hopkins decided to hold out despite the $40,000 fine for each day missed suggests this situation could drag on for quite some time. Easily the best player in the passing game, the Texans cannot afford to be without Hopkins for any time in the regular season. Already overvalued at his WR4 draft cost, Hopkins needs to be dropped down a few pegs. Jul 30 - 11:47 AM

ESPN's Field Yates reports holdout WR DeAndre Hopkins is owed a $445,000 roster bonus on August 4.
Hopkins will not receive the bonus if he is still on the reserve/did not report list. With the potential to lose almost a third of the money he is owed this season, this bonus could act as a deadline of sorts for the hold out. That said, Hopkins has already shown he is serious by risking a $40,000-a-day fine for not showing up. Set to earn just $9.36 million over the next two seasons, Hopkins is rightfully upset with his contract. The Texans should do right by their best playmaker. Jul 30 - 1:35 PM

"I tried practicing with this Osweilier kid, and he can't even throw me a jump pass. Like, ten yards into the dirt every single time. This fucking cedric diggory looking fucker couldn't throw an accurate pass if he tried, and I'm still gonna be the best receiver in the league. Pay me."