Cherry

Thoughts for TC/Preseason

Your first rounder look like shit?

Your team looks awful on special teams?

You're convinced you're going 16-0 after 60 minutes of preseason football?

Just use this thread for various thoughts on players and teams that you've seen so far this preseason.

I'll start off. 12/24. 89 yards. 1 INT.

LOLWENTZ

Oh and Michael Thomas is the future.

James White looks pretty good.

• Upvote 1

Your first rounder look like shit?

Your team looks awful on special teams?

You're convinced you're going 16-0 after 60 minutes of preseason football?

Just use this thread for various thoughts on players and teams that you've seen so far this preseason.

I'll start off. 12/24. 89 yards. 1 INT.

LOLWENTZ

Oh and Michael Thomas is the future.

Oh please, he played great for his first NFL game action. His elusiveness looked to be as advertised and he made some great throws. It's one preseason game, so it really doesn't mean anything. His 1 INT was bad but I couldn't tell if it as miscommunication or a ball that just sailed on him.

Lynch looked nice from what I saw, too. I mean, they're both going shit all over Goff when all is said and done, so :corn:

Have to like the pats defense performance in terms of intercepting the football and taking the football away from the opposing football team. Football.

• Upvote 2

Bware so fuckin shook that Wentz blows :yep:

Not shook at all. He's exactly what you want in an NFL QB and showed that kind of promise last night. If you were anything less than impressed you're not being objective.

Not shook at all. He's exactly what you want in an NFL QB and showed that kind of promise last night. If you were anything less than impressed you're not being objective.

:wut:

Here's every throw: http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000684064/Every-throw-from-Carson-Wentz-s-NFL-debut

Only thing close to impressive in there is his mobility and threading the needle a couple times on slants, other than that accuracy all over the place, lots of balls behind guys that had to adjust when they did catch it, and the pick is self explanatory. He did thread it a couple times over the middle and had some nice throws outside numbers to sideline which was nice, but far from "impressive." More like typical rookie QB performance and as to be expected. Saying it's not impressive isn't objective is in fact being bias though. :lol:

James White looks pretty good.

James White is somebody I feel can be an effective player in this leauge. Wisconsin tho. :D

:wut:

Here's every throw: http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000684064/Every-throw-from-Carson-Wentz-s-NFL-debut

Only thing close to impressive in there is his mobility and threading the needle a couple times on slants, other than that accuracy all over the place, lots of balls behind guys that had to adjust when they did catch it, and the pick is self explanatory. He did thread it a couple times over the middle and had some nice throws outside numbers to sideline which was nice, but far from "impressive." More like typical rookie QB performance and as to be expected. Saying it's not impressive isn't objective is in fact being bias though. :lol:

This sums it up. Wentz struggled with his accuracy quite a bit and is still somewhat unpredictable when the pocket collapses. I was impressed by the way he stepped up and made throws despite guys coming down on him, but he still has to make those much more accurate and stop sailing em over the top.

Wentz is pretty much exactly what was expected. A first round arm talent that hasn't been molded properly, and could become a monster once he learns the pro game.

Teddy completed a deep ball? Wow.

Seeing some solid things so far from the Packers. Offense still can't get into the endzone.. But the defense is looking good, IMO. Good depth at CB and OLB... Getting some real consistent pressure from guys like Reggie Gilbert (say waaaa?). Eddie Lacy is also ready to smash some heads.

3rd RB spot is up for grabs and kind of a disappointing competition. Maybe down to Brandon Burks and John Crockett. Lots of competition at WR too and I may just be in favor of dumping Abby and maybe even the Manis. Still early though, so they can still improve.

Tim Masthay is garbage. If he makes the team, I will flip shit.

Edit: Mortell (Masthay's competition) just dropped another punt inside the 20, this time at the 4. . Nice.

Edited by Favre4Ever

What are the odds of 3 safeties in a single game? Thats crazy. Also Mortell is easily winning the punter competition currently. As for WRs, Abby is currently looking better than Janis so if we go with 6 WRs, rather see him make the squad.

People saying Cody pulled an Orlovsky.

These aren't NFL endzone lines like normal.

c0ygmI4.jpg

What are the odds of 3 safeties in a single game? Thats crazy. Also Mortell is easily winning the punter competition currently. As for WRs, Abby is currently looking better than Janis so if we go with 6 WRs, rather see him make the squad.

He saved himself with that nice return at the end... But honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more from Allison and Waters and the like... Abby (and Janis) should be better and they just aren't.

He didn't perform as well as I hoped in the game, but everything I'm reading is saying he is excelling in camp though. Let's see what he does with a real QB. Only problem I see is that he is a slot WR where we already have Cobb and Montgomery.

Watched all of the snaps for Lynch, Wentz, and Kessler.

Lynch looked good in the minimal action he saw, but there wasn't nearly enough downfield passing to get a really good assessment. He was safe with the ball and pretty accurate, but that Broncos OL was rough to watch.

Wentz was a mixed bag. He had a few nice looking plays where he stepped up in the pocket and delivered a good passes, but in general he was inconsistent and inaccurate. That was my main fear for Wentz. He's just way too inconsistent. One throw he puts it on the money. The next he sails it over the top and gets picked by a safety. It seemed far too often that he wasn't doing what he did so well in college. He continued to misplace passes. Too high. Behind the receiver. He didn't look comfortable.

Kessler oh lawdy. Beautiful placement on the TD pass but IMO a good corner bats that down due to how long he stared at receiver. Ran out the back of the endzone for safety which I don't fault him due to the fucked up lines. He had a really nice play where he stepped up in the pocket and delivered a nice ball to a reciever on a comeback route for the first down. It's really tough to judge how good he really did mainly because he played so little and had such a bad group around him. That third string OL was horrific. He had like a second and a half to get the ball out.

I'd rate Pax a 7/10. Played really safe and limited though.

Wentz gets a 4/10. Moments where he shined but was more bad than good. Gotta fix those passes coming in so high. He overthrew guys too high like 4 or 5 times.

Kessler gets a 6/10. Take it with a grain of salt. He didn't get nearly enough action to truly judge well. The safety running out the back I'd write off as fucked up lines, but he seemed slow going through his reads on most of his passes.

Can't wait to see Goff tonight, and Gurley will inevitably rip his ACL.

Edited by Chernobyl426

1. Just win Baby.

I was pleased with our performance yesterday. Carr and our receivers seemed a little out of sync and some of his throws were errant. I get it because Carr has this thing where he misses high and away from defenders to start games...so pre-season it's going to seem like he sucks.

Our first string O-line is NASTY. Cards brought pressure every other play and they really stood our ground. When we put Lee Smith and Oluwalee in for max pro...it's very difficult to get penetration for the opposing team.

Also I like the fight in this team. Multiple times I saw douchebag Card defenders try to start shit and our players wouldn't bite and if they did they put people in their place... see Lee Smith and Deone Buchannon.

Our defense..man idk where to start. Jihad Ward saw a lot of first string reps and boy did he impress me. He's a large human.

Mack was excellent. Clowned DJ Humphries with a nice spin to the inside shoulder where the Cards RG was and then bullied him to get pressure on Palmer.

Sean Smith made nice plays, I like the addition of him. Just what we need in Ken Norton's system.

Malcolm Smith...looks faster, both him and Heeney I feel comfortable with at ILB spots this year.

But what really stood out was our entire ST's

Really good coverage, Darren Bates seems like a solid acquisition. Johnny Holder (aka LongStrider) I hope makes the team, he made some nice plays on offense and had a nice return.

Deandre Washington and Atkinson hopefully push each other for depth.

I think we need to work more on cohesion as units..some communication errors, but overall I liked what I saw last night. The Cards have a deep roster, but we do as well.

• Upvote 1

Lol. 7/10 for Lynch who was pressured on like 1 pass. Sorry, but that's you plugging for your boy.

Our dumb boy who will probably never see the field except for kneel downs because TREVOR FUCKING SIEMIAN is the truth. >_>

Lol. 7/10 for Lynch who was pressured on like 1 pass. Sorry, but that's you plugging for your boy.

Are you kidding me Bware? Holy shit do you ever think that I may just see a quarterback and give an unbiased grade? Like I'm capable of looking analytically at a player? I know it's hard to tell through your homer glasses, but liking Paxton Lynch as a prospect does not mean I'm going to blind myself to the shit he does wrong. Players come and go. Next year I'm gonna be jerking it to some CB or WR or someone that nobody gives a fuck about. If Paxton Lynch goes 12/24 for 89 yards and a pick, I'd be fucking shredding him right now. If I put on blinders and just cheered for guys who I liked, I'd look like a dumbass.

Unlike Wentz is the hometown hero to you, I don't give a shit about Paxton Lynch, or Cody Kessler for that matter. They are athletes that I'm judging based on their performance. Kessler has a noodle arm and plays short. Paxton isn't fast enough to run a full speed NFL offense when it comes to the mental game. I'm not just rolling down the list and falling in love with guys. You think I'd care about some fuck from Utah named Devontae Booker if I didn't watch tape?

Hell, Paxton was my #16 guy on my board. It's not like he was my #1 guy who I've sat here and been hyping up for the past year. Paxton looked better than Wentz. Let's see if Goff does better too.

Joe Callahan - 16 / 23, 124 yards, TD

Carson Who?