Cherry

Thoughts for TC/Preseason

1. Fuck the Packers

2. There are really no positives to what happened last night other the fact that this is pre-season.

I'm getting the vibe that a lot of our key players are kinda just going out there and not giving it their all because it's pre-season, which I'm totally ok with because fuck pre-season injuries.

It is disheartening to see that we still lack a run game. Someone needs to step up...Latavius is a big pussy.

It's only preseason..but there's a lot of work to be done for us.

Connor Cook looked good against the roster appendices at least.

He did have one like... 20 yard completion to Amari Cooper that was just gorgeous. Absolutely spot on, fantastic throw... Everything else... ehhhh. lol. On the INT though, Amari looked like he gave 0 shits. I know it's preseason and everything, but... I don't want my guys looking that uninterested in a game ever.

Edited by Favre4Ever

It was a problem with Cam for his first five years. Guy just didn't give a shit. Idk if its all the negative talk this offseason, but he's letting it rip this preseason. Some guys are just like that.

I mean you want your guys to compete, but it seemed like many of our players weren't going too crazy for fear of injury.

Especially that AC/DC play, like everyone knows Amari can go and get that. He simply didn't. The team as a whole just looked slow and uninterested in playing.

Highly doubt this happens week 1.

Tonight

:Jets::Redskins: 7:30

:dolphins::Cowboys: 8:00 :NFL: Network

:Cardinals::Chargers: 9:00

I realize posting this is kind of redundant, just feel like doing so anyway.

I think you still want to see a little heat out of your guys though. I mean I understand the fear of getting injured, but if you have that doubt in your mind and it carries over to the regular season, you throw your entire mental game off.

When you realize you drafted Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Christian Hackenberg, Jacoby Brissett, Cody Kessler, and Connor Cook before Rayne Dekota Prescott:

giphy.gif

Philly and Denver won't regret passing on Prescott, but everybody else...

Oh so Paxton doesn't suck now? :yao:

Nah, we've got Trevor Siemian, no regrets

I'm half joking, two good preseason performances doesn't mean you're the best QB in the class and the three first round guys obviously have a lot more added pressure and anxiety on them but think we can all agree that...

Christian Hackenberg sucks.

:troll:

• Downvote 1

Christian Hackenberg sucks.

:troll:

:notbad: Edited by Chernobyl426

Oh so Paxton doesn't suck now? :yao:

I never said he sucks. I like his physical ability, though there's something about his throwing motion that seems a little off to me. It's the fact that Memphis' offensive system didn't help him prepare for the league at all. Then again, neither did Goff's college offense. I hate spread and air raid, though, so maybe I'm biased :shrug:

Last time I saw a rookie tear up preseason like Dak is right now, it was some guy named Russell Wilson.

• Upvote 1

NFL Net triple header

:panthers::Titans: 3:00

:Giants::Bills: 4:00 :NFL: Network

:Ravens::Colts: 7:00 :NFL: Network

:Bucs::jags: 7:30

:Saints::Texans: 8:00

:49ers::Broncos:

:Chiefs::Rams: 9:00 :NFL: Network

• Upvote 1

Last time I saw a rookie tear up preseason like Dak is right now, it was some guy named Russell Wilson.

Who, except for half of last season, has been very, very overrated. Can't argue wit his last 8-10 games last year, though.

I never said he sucks. I like his physical ability, though there's something about his throwing motion that seems a little off to me. It's the fact that Memphis' offensive system didn't help him prepare for the league at all. Then again, neither did Goff's college offense. I hate spread and air raid, though, so maybe I'm biased :shrug:

That's odd. I thought his throwing motion was one of the best parts of his game. Tall guys usually have an awful tendency to throw downwards rather than throw forwards. Paxton puts all of that power into a motion that releases at the top and it allows him to throw it with velocity that's very hard to come by.

Goff's system was a lot more beneficial when it comes to preparing for the NFL game, mainly because he made multiple reads. He didn't do what Paxton did where you go read 1, read 2, run. Goff could sometimes get to his fourth guy before deciding to take off and run or just throw it away. I'd argue that Paxton is, at least statistically, safer with the ball though.

I'm not sure I can think of anyone who has the physical tools of Paxton that was this far along in their development. Most of the big-arm athletic guys wash out very quickly just because they rely entirely on their athletic qualities rather than the mental game. That's why I made the claims that Paxton should get into HOF if he reaches even 2/3 of his potential. On a Broncos team fresh off a SB, he should have no trouble absolutely dominating with that squad.

Edited by Chernobyl426

It's hard to know how good these guys will be. If I have any physical knock on Lynch, it's that I don't think he's quick enough to escape NFL speed when rushed. Long legs will help but they need to provide a good offensive line for him to have a chance to be great.

It's hard to know how good these guys will be. If I have any physical knock on Lynch, it's that I don't think he's quick enough to escape NFL speed when rushed. Long legs will help but they need to provide a good offensive line for him to have a chance to be great.

That's a large part of why I didn't want the Rams to get him over Goff at #1. While I love Paxton, he needs a decent offensive line to do well. While he is athletic, he isn't a guy that can scramble up the middle to escape pressure. His best running plays come from rolling out on play-action and then running when nobody is open. Wentz is very much in the same boat, although I don't think Wentz can scramble outside as well as Paxton. Goff is the best at just taking off down the middle and picking up 5-6 like you want from a QB. When the line breaks down, Goff has a chance. Wentz and Paxton? Not so much.

Edited by Chernobyl426

He's gonna take the Cowboys from Romo, just watch.

Had a fucking BLAST watching the Jags tonight. So much good talent on this roster, and Myles Jack is legit. Really waiting on next week to judge though, because this was the Bucs. Ivory and Hilton as a two-headed monster are doing great. Unsportsmanlike conduct on the coaches though. :mjlaugh:

Edited by Sparty

That's a large part of why I didn't want the Rams to get him over Goff at #1. While I love Paxton, he needs a decent offensive line to do well. While he is athletic, he isn't a guy that can scramble up the middle to escape pressure. His best running plays come from rolling out on play-action and then running when nobody is open. Wentz is very much in the same boat, although I don't think Wentz can scramble outside as well as Paxton. Goff is the best at just taking off down the middle and picking up 5-6 like you want from a QB. When the line breaks down, Goff has a chance. Wentz and Paxton? Not so much.

I just don't understand how you can look at these 3 QBs and not see that Wentz is by far the most athletic and elusive, and he's certainly the fastest of the 3. Perhaps you're thinking his huge frame makes him more vulnerable? I dunno.

And you don't think Wentz can scramble as well outside as Lynch? Wat?

Carson has to prove me right as far as overall potential is concerned over these next few years, but as far as elusiveness and athleticism is concerned, he has Goff and Lynch beat there pretty damn easily. The tape shows that. Hell, the preseason has shown that. Goff and Lynch might be better at avoiding contact right now, but Wentz is a hard runner. He has to train himself to not take hits. He'll get it down.

Also, Lynch should start the 3rd preseason game. Sanchez and Seimian were not very good yesterday lol.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Goff has more acceleration when scrambling than either, and that's a big part of it. If I have a choice between darting up the center for 10 yards vs running around the edge for 5, give me the former every time. And athletically while I like Wentz, I don't think he is anything special. He's unable to take off like Goff and doesn't have the physical power of Paxton. I think so much of his love as a runner comes from designed option plays that do not work at an NFL level unless you have a legitimate phenom like Cam or pre-ACL RGIII. It's very similar to the fight I had with Dmac about Elliott, though. One guy sees one thing. Another guy sees something else. I've watched enough Wentz that I feel comfortable with my analysis, even after double and triple-checking the tape.

Paxton has more speed turning upfield than Wentz on the outside IMO.

To clarify, Goff isn't a better athlete than either, just a better scrambler. He's VERY similar to ARod or Big Ben as a runner. He picks up decent amounts of yardage when the opportunity is available.

IMO what separates Paxton and Wentz as athletes is Paxton's superior arm strength, consistency and safety, and ability to throw on the run. Both are on a very similar level as running QBs. But while Wentz will eat you alive on dink and dunk, Paxton can rip one on the money 50 yards down the field while running. Wentz can't generate that kind of power no matter what he does, and he's not a good enough of a runner to make up for it.

Edited by Chernobyl426