Cherry

Thoughts for TC/Preseason

P2: :Saints: @ :Texans:

Offense looked much better this go-around. Really like what I've seen from both Fuller and Braxton. Fuller is a much better route runner than I gave him credit for coming out of college, and so far his hands have not been a liability. I'm thinking the Texans offense will be in a lot of 3-WR sets this year.

Brock looked a lot more comfortable even working behind this patchwork o-line that's missing three starters. Lot of him in the shotgun which I found interesting. He needs to scan the field better, as I feel like he missed a few reads. New offense and receivers though, so I'm willing to cut him some slack for now. His TD pass to Fuller was perfectly placed in the bread basket.

Defense looked like it's old self, even without Watt. Clowney was stout against the run and he was beating the Saints' tackles like a drum. Clowney is special, but he has to stay on the field or all this talk of his abilities is rendered moot. Covington is looking like he's primed for that sophomore leap. He should start opposite J.J. at DE. (Crick's old job)

Special Teams still needs work. Coverage and kicking looks good, but the return game is mediocre at best.

I'm pleased overall with yesterday's game. Hope the Texans can keep the improvement going into next week.

:Bucs: @ :jags:

Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson continue to dip their nuts all across defenses' faces this preseason. Hurnsy got in on the fun this week and that TD pass by Blake off his back foot after faking the left side of the defense out over Brent Grimes was a beauty: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000688369/Blake-Bortles-drops-pass-into-Allen-Hurns-for-24-yard-TD

The biggest surprise for me is how well the running game looks. Yeldon and Ivory consistently rip off an average of 6 yards each it seems so far. Maybe it comes with the newfound respect of the Jags passing attack? Not sure, but the run blocking has been great so far too even in the first game with half the starting OL out. Ivory we all know is a load to tackle, and Yeldon usually makes his first man miss so when these guys get good blocking they can rip off these consistent runs.

Malik Jackson continues to blow up the middle of offensive lines and disrupt QB's, he caused Jameis' off target pass on the first play of the game. Looks like a great signing and any concern some had about him going from a 3-4 DE to a 4-3 DT seem moot after seeing him consistently penetrate the past two weeks and all of camp.

Jalen Ramsey had about as good of a debut as you can. Gave up no catches and had 3 tackles, the first of which where he just blew up a stretch run play for a 6 yard loss that set the tone. He played both nickel and boundary CB and showed he belongs at both just like in college where FSU just put him where they needed a playmaker. He shutout Mike Evans anytime he was paired on him and let him know about it too

lPkSBca.gif

During his post-game interview the reporter asked him about defending Mike Evans and he almost seemed insulted and instead just said he has to defend A-Rob and Hurns in practice everyday so they get him ready for anyone. Then goes on to say he wants to be the greatest, period. Then kept ending every sentence saying, "Period."

The Bully is Here.

• Upvote 1

Goff doesn't look like he's ready for the big leagues. Needs more live reps imo. Granted it's preseason, so, eh.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Put him out there with the starters and let him sling it. Fisher gonna kill his career running him with UDFA level linemen.

So is it two years or the middle of this season? Sounds like you've got a Smeagol/Gollum battle going on for your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

^that. He will not be great, but he will be noticeably better than Keenum.

I've stated multiple times this offseason that the Jags are going 16-0. Can't wait. I win.

Not only are you not going 16 - 0 but you are starting the season 0 - 1. Don't be ashamed, Camp, just take the L.

Oh I know you know that I know that you know there is no way you are winning Game 1. It's all good, bro. :D

I would actually stay away from that game in those elimination pickems.

The Jags are home and the first two weeks of season always have a couple teams win that dont have good years.

they keep talking about the Jags new talent and they could play spoiler against a Packer defense thats full of distractions right now.

:yep:

Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack are going to make the Jags defense good. Going to pick up that defense in a few fantasy leagues.

I would actually stay away from that game in those elimination pickems.

The Jags are home and the first two weeks of season always have a couple teams win that dont have good years.

they keep talking about the Jags new talent and they could play spoiler against a Packer defense thats full of distractions right now.

I am just giving him shit, lol. But you are totally right. Wouldn't be surprised to lose that game in the slightest. And honestly, wouldn't even mind it that much. Year after year, Mike McCarthy squawks about "starting fast" and we always do.. Start the year like 6 - 0 or whatever.. then we stumble late in the year and embarrass ourselves in the playoffs. Starting fast is overrated. Ha.

I cant be a fan of a SB winning team :( Too bandwagony

https://gfycat.com/MediocreDishonestAmericanlobster

https://gfycat.com/LightheartedLikableDonkey

The fact that this gfy got named "Lighthearted Likable Donkey" at random is hilarious to me.

I'm sold on the kid and think he definitely deserves a shot to play with the 1s. He was great in both preseason games so far despite being under fire as the backup linemen broke down fairly quickly.

Siemian is still my guy to start week 1. He played OK minus INT, but if he puts up a stinker in game 3 (He's starting) I think you get Pax in there and let him go. I desperately hope we only keep two QBs, and Sanchez hits the road.

Outside the QB competition the ILB battle is really interesting. Dekota Watson looks like a heluva pick-up. He has 5 tackles, 1.5 sacks, a safety and a FF in the two games. After spending last year on the practice squad, Zaire Anderson looks really good. He had two FF and a couple tackles in the SF game. Could be another good UDFA pick.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Backup OL causing issues? Lynch has faced next to no pressure.

Start him anyway. Sanchez and Trevor suck ass.

Backup OL causing issues? Lynch has faced next to no pressure.

Start him anyway. Sanchez and Trevor suck ass.

What're you talking about? I think he's been sacked 3 times in each game. If not for his athleticism it would be more than that.

The media has such a fucking Zeke hard-on.

"Zeke just ran Kam over!"

*Kam tries to blow Zeke up and he bounces off*

^ My face when the Cowboys got gud

I am seriously considering drafting Dak Prescott late in some drafts. Romo is not going to make it 16 games.

• Upvote 1

The media has such a fucking Zeke hard-on.

"Zeke just ran Kam over!"

*Kam tries to blow Zeke up and he bounces off*

:kobe:

• Upvote 2