Cherry

Thoughts for TC/Preseason

Packers cut Mortell today when he clearly outplayed Masthay. Damn TT and his loyalty to vets...

Incoming Favre rant in 3, 2, 1...

I posted it in the other thread (the cuts one).. .It was so fucking obvious. Like... I want to be hired by Green Bay to be a punting consultant. I don't think that position even exists, but they need the help badly. Masthay is such garbage and incredibly inconsistent. Yes, he can hit a good punt from time to time, but the guy is going to let you down more times than not. I tweeted as much:

https://twitter.com/JD_Packers4Life/status/770372452148912128

Apparently Masthay was SLIGHTLY more consistent in practices, which no offense.. I give no shits about. Masthay blows ass on game days.. Mortell kicked ass on gamedays. He dropped 5 punts inside the 20 in 3 games, over the course of the season that is 26-27 pins...

Masthay has only done that once in 6 years.. The numbers Mortell put up in 3 games, Masthay has NEVER SNIFFED in six fucking years... It's insane.

Edited by Favre4Ever

just to play devil's advocate, Mortell kicked nine punts in the preseason (Masthay had the same this preseason) that's a really small sample size and I'm pretty sure they both would have kicked well more than that in each practice

Devil's Advocacy appreciated.

Although, really.. I have 6 years of bullshit to pack up the fact that Masthay can't punt. Although to be fair to him, he did set the net average record last year (team history). But his career is the one roller coaster in the world I don't want to ride. If we are playing well and we don't need him to do anything, he will boom punts all day and lock it down. But when we need him to flip field position or whatever else punters need to do -- he comes up short.

And this legit made me happy or sad, or both.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJskN0Uj2_Z/

pmortell1That smile has been there since April 30th, the day I signed as a Packer. While my football journey will continue elsewhere, I can't begin to describe what these past four months have meant to me. Every kid who grows up in Wisconsin dreams of putting on the Green and Gold. I'm proud to say I made that dream a reality. I can't thank my family, friends, and fans enough for their support throughout my time here. YOU are what makes this team so special. I was a fan of this team the day I was born, and I'm an even bigger fan of this team today. You see the smile in that picture? Don't worry, it's still there as I type this.
Also, I am undefeated as a Packer. That's pretty damn cool. God Bless and, as always, Go Pack Go!
Edited by Favre4Ever

Everything I'm seeing is that his hangtime was too short and there were fears of him outkicking the return team leading to big returns. Whereas Masthay excels at either shanking it or getting a long hangtime with short distance so no big returns happen. Doesn't matter, we won't be punting often anyways.

• Upvote 1

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says he expects the Packers to look to trade a wide receiver (Davante Adams or Ty Montgomery most likely)

That's... interesting.

Would they even get anything for Davante? I mean the whole league has to know he's Garbo by now.

Probably not. And I am not really willing to ditch Montgomery already. I think he has a lot of potential. I'd rather just IR Janis or really anything else.

I mean the Jegs got a 6th rounder for :blaine: You never know...

The Jags got a 6th rounder for a starting QB. Fucking goofy. Jags gonna Jag.

At this point if you're trying to trade somebody then he's likely to get cut anyway, and teams know that

At this point if you're trying to trade somebody then he's likely to get cut anyway, and teams know that

So it just lowers the price, perhaps. But if there is a guy you really want, you will still trade picks or players to ensure you get him and some other team doesn't.

So it just lowers the price, perhaps. But if there is a guy you really want, you will still trade picks or players to ensure you get him and some other team doesn't.

Very true, and I wasn't trying to say that nobody will trade for someone on the chopping block, that's where most trades come from. I do think it may decrease bidders if some teams are willing to risk someone else signing him, it also increases the impact of a shitty contract (not sure if that's the case here) that a team trading for him would have to take.

LOLOLOLOL. Packers cut Tim Masthay after claiming Bucs punter Jacob Schum off waivers.

• Upvote 1

Everything I'm seeing is that his hangtime was too short and there were fears of him outkicking the return team leading to big returns. Whereas Masthay excels at either shanking it or getting a long hangtime with short distance so no big returns happen. Doesn't matter, we won't be punting often anyways.

So he was too good at punting, lol.

That mustache needs to go.

• Upvote 1

That mustache needs to go.

He had a full beard last week and has been trimming it down to different styles every day or so. He had a great looking Hulk Hogan / Horseshoe mustache a couple days ago and then some ballin mutton chops before that. It's been a great week for the the stache.