Sign in to follow this  
PhilElliot

The Panthers wont make the playoffs or Super bowl this year

Inthreshing.. Please, enlighten us on why...

thats simple...

because it wont happen and because I said so.

I will take full credit for it when it doesnt happen.

Also,obviously because the Saints and/or Falcons will have better records then the Panthers.

any pro-Panthers stats you choose to pull out before the season starts will be rendered meaningless.

• Downvote 1

Not-impressed-reaction-gif.gif?gs=a

lol thats a good one...the call it {{Not-impressed-reaction-gif.gif?gs=a}}

but it can be interpreted as a few other things., like, I see what you are doing or trying to start something

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Generally if you present an argument, you'll want some evidence to corroborate your statement. Otherwise your argument is doomed to fail.

• Upvote 2

Panthers were lucky the Hawks choked and that they had to play perpetually ginger Carson Palmer. They were handed a SB against 48 year old Peyton and couldn't even get that right.

• Upvote 2

Generally if you present an argument, you'll want some evidence to corroborate your statement. Otherwise your argument is doomed to fail.

I'm not presenting any argument. I'm presenting a prediction I know will happen.

when it does happen,youll rely on trying to tell me I was just lucky.

its only doomed to fail if it doesnt happen.

I already said what the reason is. Its because they will have a worse record than one or two other teams.

Everything else will follow..they will have lesser stats and the Star QB wont do as well.

Its pretty self explanatory. I dont need to be able to predict the future to know it will happen.

Make a bet Than!

betting was invented to steal money from fools. Bet,like what?

I worded it in such a way that even if they make the playoffs I'm still right when they dont make the SB.

Than!

I'm not a grammar nazi at all lol but I will point that out for fun :whistle::laugh:

I hate grammar nazi's as well.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

betting was invented to steal money from fools. Bet,like what?

I worded it in such a way that even if they make the playoffs I'm still right when they dont make the SB.

I'm not a grammar nazi at all lol but I will point that out for fun :whistle::laugh:

I hate grammar nazi's as well.

Than as in Thanatos.

As in, Thanatos should bet you on this.

You don't need to predict the future to know exactly how the future will happen? That's a bit like saying I don't need to know how to do brain surgery in order to do brain surgery. But if maybe your doctor said that things would start making a lot more sense.

• Upvote 1

You don't need to predict the future to know exactly how the future will happen? That's a bit like saying I don't need to know how to do brain surgery in order to do brain surgery. But if maybe your doctor said that things would start making a lot more sense.

nope, its like expecting your child or wife to be somewhere at 3:30 on Tuesday because they usually are.

Its got nothing to do with predicting the future.Its simply trusting the familiar recurrence of something you recognize happening.

Patterns in sports do not equal certainties. If that were the case, the Saints would not have sucked for the past 3 years, the Steelers would've made a conference championship game in the last half decade, and the Panthers would never have had a PRAYER of getting through that NFC. The Panthers are a 10-6 or 11-5 squad that had an easy schedule last year and stepped up when they needed to outside of the Denver game.

• Upvote 1

The NFC south has no contenders other than maybe Tampa Bay.. Panthers went 15-1 with out Kelvin Benjamin... Atlanta and New Orleans both need alot of work to get back to being playoff Contenders

Patterns in sports do not equal certainties. If that were the case, the Saints would not have sucked for the past 3 years, the Steelers would've made a conference championship game in the last half decade, and the Panthers would never have had a PRAYER of getting through that NFC. The Panthers are a 10-6 or 11-5 squad that had an easy schedule last year and stepped up when they needed to outside of the Denver game.

Patterns in sports do not equal certainties

they do, quite frankly. You just have to learn how to interpret it.

you just havent paid close enough attention to see the obvious.

the Saints have sucked in their entire history basically,the last 3 years were no surprise.

out of no where,they shocked the world one time in 50 years and went right back to being also-rans, with at least some recent playoff appearances though ( the Saints havent sucked for 3 years,they made the playoffs in 2013,lost in second round,theyve missed playoffs the last 2 seasons)

The Steelers still made the playoffs repeatedly. thats still a form of succeeding.

they make it to conference championships plenty,obviously. Theyll be 1st or second in their division again this year..just like they always are. Yawn)))

Edited by PhilElliot

Has Thanatos ever commented on Cam not going for the ball?

The entire team is a sore loser? Please. Cam is, not the rest of them.

Despite what Bware says, I can indeed blame Cam for not going after that football. The score is 16-10 with 4 minutes left, if he recovers the fumble, we're still alive. Not in good shape, but alive. The only possible excuse I could see is he was repositioning himself incase the ball came squirting out, but I'm not really buying that either.

OT: Would be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs, not so much if they don't make the SB. No team in the NFL has done it after losing the SB since the Bills in the early 90s, and no team has returned and won it after losing the year prior since the Fins in the 70s.

Also, you actually worded the topic so that the Panthers making the playoffs proves you wrong.

If I say: I'm not going to work or the gym today, either one of those two things happening would make that statement false.

Edited by Thanatos

Not really. I'm not going to feed him any more. Read the "who wins the NFC South thread." This guy is just a grade A troll.

"Teams are good because they are that team." He doesn't care about talent level, or whose on the team or anything like that. Colts are good because they are the Colts, as nonsensical as that argument is.

You can't debate with someone who says things like that.

I'm done, he can say what he wants.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Not really. I'm not going to feed him any more. Read the "who wins the NFC South thread." This guy is just a grade A troll.

"Teams are good because they are that team." He doesn't care about talent level, or whose on the team or anything like that. Colts are good because they are the Colts, as nonsensical as that argument is.

You can't debate with someone who says things like that.

I'm done, he can say what he wants.

if the team I pick to win does in fact win,that means they had a superior talent level.

Its not trolling just because I dont support a team you like.

All the reasons you come up with about how talented the panthers are and that you think they win because of it will mean nothing when the season develops and they arent as good.

then all you can say is,"well, they werent that good"

I'm already saying that now. Thats not trolling,its just a better ability to predict a teams outcome for the season ahead.

then,when I am right,youll just say I was lucky and you were wrong just because you didnt know and anything can happen.

call it luck all you want.

I'm going to be so lucky this year it will make your head spin.

its just sports talk and you are acting like i'm beating up a gang member friend of yours or something.

No one on the Panthers even cares you exist. I know no one on the Rams cares about me. Whether they win or lose will never matter in my life or change my life.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The difference, ATL, is he is claiming that he somehow knows which teams will do well. He's not saying "This is all uncertain, we don't know who will do well." He's saying he can predict who will do well and then makes predictions that either are complete nonsense- such as the some of these seven teams always makes the playoffs- or are far more likely to come true than not; such as "The SB loser will not make it to the SB." Oh my, what a prediction that is.

He is saying that in said pick 'em leagues- at least playoff wise- he would in fact pick all the "games that matter" correctly.

He is using a fallacy known as the Bad Reasons Fallacy, though in reverse form. My professor described it in this manner: A man claims to have 25 cents in his pocket because he believes he has a quarter. His reasoning for this is he believes that he has magic jeans that always put a quarter in his pocket every time he goes out. In fact, he does not have a quarter at all, but he does have 25 cents in change from a previous purchase. Is this man right or wrong in his statement: "I have 25 cents in my pocket"?

In short: Merely because someone makes a lucky guess, or even, as he claims (with zero evidence, I might add), 3 straight lucky guesses, makes no difference at all. It doesn't mean they got it right for the right reasons. I guarantee you he isn't the only one to pick all three games, (the conference championships and the SB) correctly. In fact, I'm almost certain we had multiple people do that on this board.

If all he was saying that the NFL is uncertain, no one would have a qualm with him.

I don't care if he thinks the Panthers won't do well, I want him to back it up with actual logic and reasoning. He claims they won't do well because he says so, not because of any actual solid reasoning. Why will the Panthers not make the playoffs next year? Because he says so. It's perfectly possible Carolina crashes and burns and completely whiffs on the playoffs. I guarantee you it won't be because some old guy somewhere has figured out the NFL and can actually predict who is going to win based on nothing but his own armchair scouting talent, or I guess in this case, not because of talent but because of which team they are.

For example: Why do you think the Vikings make it to the NFCCG? If you have no reasoning and just believe it to be so, I will dismiss your opinion as being as silly and unfounded as his.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

The difference, ATL, is he is claiming that he somehow knows which teams will do well. He's not saying "This is all uncertain, we don't know who will do well." He's saying he can predict who will do well and then makes predictions that either are complete nonsense- such as the some of these seven teams always makes the playoffs- or are far more likely to come true than not; such as "The SB loser will not make it to the SB." Oh my, what a prediction that is.

He is saying that in said pick 'em leagues- at least playoff wise- he would in fact pick all the "games that matter" correctly.

He is using a fallacy known as the Bad Reasons Fallacy, though in reverse form. My professor described it in this manner: A man claims to have 25 cents in his pocket because he believes he has a quarter. His reasoning for this is he believes that he has magic jeans that always put a quarter in his pocket every time he goes out. In fact, he does not have a quarter at all, but he does have 25 cents in change from a previous purchase. Is this man right or wrong in his statement: "I have 25 cents in my pocket."

In short: Merely because someone makes a lucky guess, or even, as he claims (with zero evidence, I might add), 3 straight lucky guesses, makes no difference at all. It doesn't mean they got it right for the right reasons.

If all he was saying that the NFL is uncertain, no one would have a qualm with him.

I don't care if he thinks the Panthers won't do well, I want him to back it up with actual logic and reasoning. He claims they won't do well because he says so, not because of any actual solid reasoning. Why will the Panthers not make the playoffs next year? Because he says so. It's perfectly possible Carolina crashes and burns and completely whiffs on the playoffs. I guarantee you it won't be because some old guy somewhere has figured out the NFL and can actually predict who is going to win based on nothing but his own armchair scouting talent.

For example: Why do you think the Vikings make it to the NFCCG? If you have no reasoning and just believe it to be so, I will dismiss your opinion as being as silly and unfounded as his.

Why does the man have to give reasons? Either way, he's generating conversation alone with you interrogating him for questions lmao.

In the words of Russell Wilson...

"God told me so"

*mic drop*

Why does the man have to give reasons? Either way, he's generating conversation alone with you interrogating him for questions lmao.

In the words of Russell Wilson...

"God told me so"

*mic drop*

He doesn't have to, but the rest of us don't have to respect what he says based on gut instinct either. Generally, when you are debating a position, you bring evidence and facts.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1