Sign in to follow this  
PhilElliot

The Panthers wont make the playoffs or Super bowl this year

The difference, ATL, is he is claiming that he somehow knows which teams will do well. The difference, ATL, is he is claiming that he somehow knows which teams will do well. He's not saying "This is all uncertain, we don't know who will do well." He's saying he can predict who will do well and then makes predictions that either are complete nonsense- such as the some of these seven teams always makes the playoffs- or are far more likely to come true than not; such as "The SB loser will not make it to the SB." Oh my, what a prediction that is. He's saying he can predict who will do well and then makes predictions that either are complete nonsense- such as the some of these seven teams always makes the playoffs- or are far more likely to come true than not; such as "The SB loser will not make it to the SB." Oh my, what a prediction that is.

you are the very definition of illiterate.

the 7 teams I mention do in fact always make the playoffs and I explained thoroughly how it works.

. He's not saying "This is all uncertain, we don't know who will do well.

i'm not uncertain,therefore I dont need to say i'm uncertain .

He's saying he can predict who will do well and then makes predictions that either are complete nonsense-

which prediction is nonsense? how can you know if the season hasnt happened yet?

its nonsense because I dont include your beloved Panthers?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

if the team I pick to win does in fact win,that means they had a superior talent level.

I'm sorry, I'm trying my best to focus on the substance of your posts, but at this point I have to ask how much sports you actually watch. Team A beating Team B does not mean Team A has "a superior talent level" compared to Team B, it just means Team A played better than Team B on one day. This comment makes it seem like talent is all that goes into sports, if that was the case then they wouldn't play the damn games.

• Upvote 1

Mr. PhilElliot has a point here.

We can all have 'logical' reasons why certain teams will do well...why certain teams won't. But let us not forget...the NFL is completely unpredictable and at often times defies logic.

Take a look at our pick em' leagues, rarely does anyone properly select all the games in the week. Crazy things can happen in an NFL season at any given moment. So yeah you can have reasons and all of why YOU think a team will do so well or so poor, but at the end of the day how many times do these predictions even stay true through week 8 of the NFL season.

The man thinks that the Panthers won't do well, the fact that Thanatos is getting absolutely rustled over this is amusing. I think the Vikings make it to the NFCCG. Shoot me for my opinion.

Why do you think the Vikings will make it to the NFCCG? You can explain your reason. I could make an argument for the Browns winning the SB. If I back it up I'm perfectly fine to make the argument, even if I'm wrong. If I just say "Browns 19-0 with a ring cause I know I'm right" I look like a fucking idiot.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't have to, but the rest of us don't have to respect what he says based on gut instinct either. Generally, when you are debating a position, you bring evidence and facts.

predicting the future of a sporting event has nothing to do with evidence and facts in the way you interpret it.

All you are capable of doing is saying you think the Panthers will do good this year because they did good last year.

that doesnt qualify as evidence or a fact for the future. Its just last years news.

Last year is now meaningless and gone.

He doesn't have to, but the rest of us don't have to respect what he says based on gut instinct either

nothing I've said is based on gut instinct. Ive done my research, read some articles and shown you who makes the playoffs more often. All of that will culminate in my making better picks.

what have you said that deserved respect? You are only allowed to act as if you dont know?

you have to feel as if you dont have the confidence to know you are right? You would respect me more for saying " "gee whiz fellers, I dont know? 'derp" anything could gal-dern happen yeperdoodle-dee"

{respect-a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.}

what the hell does respect have to do with picking sports teams winning? respect involves more important things in life.

picking winners is fun,goof off, free time frivolity. No seriousness or proof needed what so ever.

But again, my 30 years of watching this gives me an advantage. Thats just how life works.

the only thing I might be wrong about is that both the Falcons and Saints make the playoffs this year.

One of the two will regardless.

Why do you think the Vikings will make it to the NFCCG? You can explain your reason. I could make an argument for the Browns winning the SB. If I back it up I'm perfectly fine to make the argument, even if I'm wrong. If I just say "Browns 19-0 with a ring cause I know I'm right" I look like a fucking idiot.

I'm picking the Vikings because they are on a mission from last years mistake. Both their defense and their offense will be better and so will Teddy.

they obviously believe/know Teddy can pass if they are going to a multiple wide/spread offense.

the nfc keeps sending mobile QBs with strong defenses to the SB..Cam, Wilson, Kaepernick.

Yes I know Teddy isnt a runner but he is still young and elusive. Peterson went to "anti-fumble camp"

in the off season. When he does that,he does well the following season.

hee went one time before and had a great year after

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307451/article/film-room-teddy-bridgewater-primed-to-be-next-great-nfl-qb

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/19434/adrian-petersons-fumble-fixes-boxing-gloves-and-brazilian-jiu-jitsu

The article on Teddy is before he was even drafted (for the record I thought Teddy was the best player in that class). We've had two years to watch Teddy at a pro level, and while he isn't bad, he isn't good either. You know how Andy Dalton was a benchmark for good QBs? Teddy is now that benchmark.

Personally, I don't see the Vikings having the offensive weaponry to compete against teams like Green Bay or Arizona (assuming Palmer isn't washed). I like the way you're thinking now though. Thank you for presenting a legitimate argument for us to debate. This is exactly what we're looking for when we were hounding you.

Sorry but Vikings window closed when Blair Walsh missed his 26 yard fg which couldve beaten Seattle..

Sorry but Vikings window closed when Blair Walsh missed his 26 yard fg which couldve beaten Seattle..

that was only the opening. Theyve been looking through that open window all off season and are cooling a pie on it right now...

for the record, I'm not that old and dont live in the country and Ive never actually seen anyone do that.

I bet my grandma in Wisconsin did though

27466eebf9c0dcb0bc4bea50cee54e21.jpg

Very true that the Vikings were a field goal away from beating a team most people consider to be the best team in the NFC

thank you. Its not rocket science or a government/official business dilemma.

I would have not quoted you but the notification thing at top doesnt seem to be working so I just wanted you to know I saw this.

I mean no harm but I am new and not part of the in crowd like you. So I have to put up with razzing for not being part of what people consider the normal/regular thought process or what ever you want to call it.

There's no in crowd here man, we are about discussion and I appreciate your posts along with other longtime members here. Glad that you're still here. The razzing subsides once people get to understand how you think.

Not really. I'm not going to feed him any more. Read the "who wins the NFC South thread." This guy is just a grade A troll.

"Teams are good because they are that team." He doesn't care about talent level, or whose on the team or anything like that. Colts are good because they are the Colts, as nonsensical as that argument is.

You can't debate with someone who says things like that.

I'm done, he can say what he wants.

Why is everyone that disagrees with you a troll?

• Downvote 1

In Charlies case, the razzing continues for eternity. Because the pit of his soul is a dark abyss or something. :yep:

In Charlies case, the razzing continues for eternity. Because the pit of his soul is a dark abyss or something. :yep:

your avatar is creepy and soothing at the same time

Razor's avatars run the entire gamut, lol.

Anywho, dude, I owe you an apology. I should not have asked you to leave simply because I (vehemently) disagree with the way you phrase your opinions. I had some shit going down in RL and you caught me at a bad moment, I don't believe I am normally like that. You and I are not going to agree on a lot of shit, but as far as I'm concerned the board is better with more people and opinions around. At the least, you have stirred up some discussion.

Now, when the Panthers demolish the NFC South for a fourth straight year, you're gonna get some friendly razzing. :p

For real this time: Welcome to TGP. Hope you stick around, bud.

25pseoh.gif

^how Thanatos feels right now

Razor's avatars run the entire gamut, lol.

Anywho, dude, I owe you an apology. I should not have asked you to leave simply because I (vehemently) disagree with the way you phrase your opinions. I had some shit going down in RL and you caught me at a bad moment, I don't believe I am normally like that. You and I are not going to agree on a lot of shit, but as far as I'm concerned the board is better with more people and opinions around. At the least, you have stirred up some discussion.

Now, when the Panthers demolish the NFC South for a fourth straight year, you're gonna get some friendly razzing. :p

For real this time: Welcome to TGP. Hope you stick around, bud.

ok, fine thanks. I'm sure my stuff reads a little nasty.

that said,people tend to put emotion behind words on a screen thats not even intended just because of their perception.

the board is better with more people and opinions around. At the least, you have stirred up some discussion.

if we were acquaintances sitting around a table saying this stuff everyone would laugh and have a good time

and even if we disagreed,we wouldnt end friendships just because of comments about sports.

But somehow..typing stuff on a forum becomes important documented business and things are supposed to be taken literal.

and yes..what people call trolling..if I'm a paid writer on a site and say what I say,if 20 or more people disagree with me (or agree), I've done exactly what my job paid me to do. It doesnt mean I dont believe what I say or that its wrong either. In many cases I've typed stuff I dont believe or agree with but I like the angle and is funny or interesting and yes I'm looking for a reaction. (Of course I want a reaction,I just wasted time typing something and I want someone in internet land to answer back) Thats not trolling,its human interaction.

( I was a journalism major for a year and a half of my life,maybe 5% of that actually stayed with me? lol)

Trolling is abused internet term people run to when ever something is said they don't like.

I'm a Rams fan but I was kicked off a Rams site for talking or joking about the Rams move because that for some reason upsets St Louis fans. I didnt even say anything mean,just indifferent about the move.

lol and I picked the Rams to lose to the 49ers, the last game of the season.

I was the only one in our weekly contest to do it and I won of course.

I was also close to the score if I remember correctly lol.

I honestly figured that SF was home and its the last game.Say what you want about right or wrong but I figured they wanted to send the hometown fans away happy after a crappy season right before the SB made life miserable for them. Whether thats why or not, I was still right

and upset men who treat fandom like a gang war :laugh:

• Upvote 1

The biggest thing is just having some depth to your posts and making sure to highlight WHY you think something. And if it's just opinion without evidence, that's okay, as long as you admit it's just an opinion. None of us are geniuses about football or wanting to talk about gap assignments for the Browns. We just ask that you explain your reasoning when you say something is gonna happen.

You've cleaned up your posts already tremendously, which is impressive given how short an amount of time you've been here. Most of us took forever to start making educated and informed posts. Welcome to the forums man.

The biggest thing is just having some depth to your posts and making sure to highlight WHY you think something. And if it's just opinion without evidence, that's okay, as long as you admit it's just an opinion. None of us are geniuses about football or wanting to talk about gap assignments for the Browns. We just ask that you explain your reasoning when you say something is gonna happen.

You've cleaned up your posts already tremendously, which is impressive given how short an amount of time you've been here. Most of us took forever to start making educated and informed posts. Welcome to the forums man.

if you want to label them opinions just because they dont have long paragraphs after, to explain them,go ahead.

I speak in definitive terms and get to the point. A lot of my opinions will be correct statements that I will take credit for later on.

I told you, I'm 51. Typical sports cliches are easy to come up with. I've been on sports forums for a decade.

I'm not wasting that much time anymore with stuff everyone hears 100 times before. especially when I dont actually type well lol

educated and informed posts

just saying; anyone can read a redundant article and repeat what it said.

tumblr_m9uoazjcwS1rqdit9o1_250.gif

I was making informed and educated posts since day one, young cherry, because I am a humble genius with incredible post writing ability. :smug:

(Also my avatar is Betelgeuse from Re:Zero, a really great anime.)

I figured it was anime of some kind but I dont know that stuff