DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2016 NCAAF Discussion Thread

PSU won OSU's division, conference, and beat them head to head. I think they deserve it more.

• Upvote 1

Would LOVE to see PSU take OSU's spot. The Buckeye tears would be very satisfying.

Penn State is deserving but they won't make it. Ohio St regardless has the best resume of all top 4 teams right now. They have lost to a team that was obviously better than most thought and it was on the road.

Penn State is deserving but they won't make it. Ohio St regardless has the best resume of all top 4 teams right now. They have lost to a team that was obviously better than most thought and it was on the road.

And almost lost to a team having a down year and wasnt even bowl eligible. OSU should just decline their invitation. :yep:

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. The college football playoff is a joke, and is not much better thenow what was before.

If WMU, one of the few schools left can win it's conference and finish the season undefeated and everyone and there mom knows they aren't going to this "playoff", then it meaningless. They should get in before ant of these 2 loss teams, ever get a chance.

Those non-Power 5 schools have to play quality out-of-opponents, Dmac! We've been down this road a million times with Boise State. If the Playoff were 8 teams, I think you make room for Western Michigan, but there's no way they deserve to be in the top 4.

PSU got massacred by Michigan and lost to Pitt. OSU had way more dominant wins & beat the Big 12 champ. It's OSU easy.

• Upvote 1

And almost lost to a team having a down year and wasnt even bowl eligible. OSU should just decline their invitation. :yep:

Dude your like Mark May. You hate Ohio St so much its almost unhealthy :yao:

• Upvote 2

I'm not even upset about the playoffs. This has been a great season, really no PSU fan should be upset. The future is bright.

• Upvote 1

Ohio St and Penn St are both very young gonna be a fun rivalry

Those non-Power 5 schools have to play quality out-of-opponents, Dmac! We've been down this road a million times with Boise State. If the Playoff were 8 teams, I think you make room for Western Michigan, but there's no way they deserve to be in the top 4.

We have been down this road before, but nothing's changed, imo.

WMU won very game on their schedule. There's literally no other sport I can think of where a team can win every game on their schedule, or have the best record among it's competitors, and have zero chance to prove they are the best team in that sport.

Dmac, you've played football. Do you really think Western Michigan could hang with any of the teams that made the Playoff?

if OSU were to win would that be the first time that the National Champion wasn't a Conference Champion?

I'm not even upset about the playoffs. This has been a great season, really no PSU fan should be upset. The future is bright.

A website called Eleven Warriors has shit on James Franklin ever since I've been in college at the very least. I never understood that. I've actually enjoyed watching Penn State improve this year. I think this is going to be one of the better divisions for a while now. It's going to be fun to watch every year.

Big 10 title 2 years after the sanctions were lifted. There's literally nothing more that could be expected. PSU is better now than the last years of Paterno. People better put some respect on Franklin. :yep:

if OSU were to win would that be the first time that the National Champion wasn't a Conference Champion?

Nope. Bama is the most recent in 2011.

Nope. Bama is the most recent in 2011.

Good to know, though it's worth noting that Bama beat the SEC Champs in the national championship game that year

Good to know, though it's worth noting that Bama beat the SEC Champs in the national championship game that year

I think that year was a big reason why we have the college football playoff now. Okie St shouldve went over Bama.

USF with a near-collapse-but-ultimately-exciting win. :smug:

Bama over Washington.

Clemson over Ohio State.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LolOSU.

But, but, but making the CFP semis is an accomplishment in itself even if you get blown out by 4-5 TDs and get shut out!!!! :yao: Remember that was your sentiments last year, Sperty?

At least MSU won a solid bowl game this year, oh wait, they went 3-9 this year...

32099961af72a2e1f88c4bad6f911778.jpg