Cherry

Good Kid Kaepernick Doesn't Stand For Anthem

I don't really care. At the same time, there are definitely better ways to go about this. He claims he's "standing up for the oppressed." You don't do that by bringing all of the attention on yourself.

:blaine:

This is supposed to be a free country, so he should be free to do whatever he wants but I'm sure moronic "patriots" are going to grill him for it. This should really be a non story, but the media knows how to piss off the public and make celebrities into enemies.

• Upvote 2

He can do whatever he wants, but he's still going to get eaten alive for that shit. Not standing for the anthem is pretty disrespectful. And his reasoning for it is also complete shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

He's done it all preseason, the only reason it's being pick up now is because this was his first game of the preseason.

Honestly I don't have a problem with this. He's making a stand imo no different to the ones the NBA players did, highlighting a similar problem. The only time I'd have a problem with this is if he wasn't true to his reasons for it.

I'm all for more professionals making a stand and statement over something as important as what's going on now. Same thoughts would be had if an English soccer player did the same here.

He can do whatever he wants, but he's still going to get eaten alive for that shit. Not standing for the anthem is pretty disrespectful. And his reasoning for it is also complete shit.

How is it disrespectful? Standing for a song is not an act of respect, it's just standing for a song. I really don't want to hijack this into a political/cultural discussion but this is nothing but another witch hunt for pighead "patriots" to be up in arms about. Freedom of speech unless it's anything negative against the almighty 'MURRICA.

• Upvote 1

I don't really care what he chooses to do, but listening to him and his reasoning for it is what kind of baffles me. What does standing or not standing for the flag have to do with the racial oppression in this country. If a reporter didn't ask him about not standing, nobody would have known, cared (still don't), or given any thought to the message behind it at all.

I actually kind of like players making some social commentary or taking a stand for what they believe to be right / wrong... But again, not really sure Kaep succeeded here. It does come across as him just being an attention whore.

How is it disrespectful? Standing for a song is not an act of respect, it's just standing for a song. I really don't want to hijack this into a political/cultural discussion but this is nothing but another witch hunt for pighead "patriots" to be up in arms about. Freedom of speech unless it's anything negative against the almighty 'MURRICA.

It's one thing to not stand up for the pledge in high school or not put your hand over your heart and shit, but there is a reason why veterans and current service members are the ones who come out with the flags and receive recognition for their time in the military. It's not a freedom of speech thing. Freedom of speech does not mean you're exempt from being criticized about not standing for the natonal anthem.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's just doing this shit for attention lol. Nobody should be surprised, because he's a fucking weirdo lol. Remember his #7tormsComing bullshit from last year?

0526-kaepernick-offensive-sub-instagram-

Was that actually his account?

Edited by Thanatos

Was that actually his account?

Yes it was. There was really bad flooding in Houston and it was before a PRESEASON game against the Texans when he posted that shit. Let's just say the city of Houston hates that Gonzo lookin' fucktard.

• Upvote 1

Its a piece of fabric who cares, its his given right not to Stand up

The media needs to quit stiring the pot on shit.

Edited by WeaponX20

I've burned my fair share of flags in my days, and let me tell you... they all the burn the same no matter what pattern you put on them.

He lives in Alberta. If you read abut Ft. McMurray that should explain everything.

• Upvote 1

Had a temp job in a landfill for a coupla weeks, sorting through piles of shit for things to throw in the incinerator basically. Temp work sucks.

(But yes I started the Fort Mac fires. MWAHAHAHA)

eh fuck him.

Please all professional athletes, just go through the motions and shut up about what you think. Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He has spoken out in the past about personal struggle with race and identity... I think it's pretty unfair to assume this is just an attempt to gain attention... He's been doing it all preseason.

• Upvote 1