Cherry

Good Kid Kaepernick Doesn't Stand For Anthem

He has spoken out in the past about personal struggle with race and identity... I think it's pretty unfair to assume this is just an attempt to gain attention... He's been doing it all preseason.

Why just this preseason?

That's going right in sync with the mainstream line of thinking of most Americans lately. He's going with the flow man. Why wasn't he saying this kind of stuff when he first got into the league, since it has been going on since you know..ever.

Why just this preseason?

That's going right in sync with the mainstream line of thinking of most Americans lately. He's going with the flow man. Why wasn't he saying this kind of stuff when he first got into the league, since it has been going on since you know..ever.

I'm just saying, I think it's completely unfair to assume that he's just going with the flow here and this is just some cry for attention, like this can't be something he legitimately cares about.

It's totally unfair to assume that someone would do something like this for the sake of attention. Especially when he has far more to lose then gain from it.

Really? Is it, Dmac? How about the fact that he then turns around and wears a t-shirt with Fidel Castro on it at a press conference? Fidel Castro, a dictator known for oppression and slaughter of protesters?

Kaepernick is not a smart person. His support for Castro and BLM- which is not an organization anyone should be supporting after recent events- affirms that.

CrC6y95WcAArrnI.jpg

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He doesn't have a whole lot more to lose... He doesn't have our respect or admiration, he's wearing on our patience, and is craving our attention.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Really? Is it, Dmac? How about the fact that he then turns around and wears a t-shirt with Fidel Castro on it at a press conference? Fidel Castro, a dictator known for oppression and slaughter of protesters?

Kaepernick is not a smart person. His support for Castro and BLM- which is not an organization anyone should be supporting after recent events- affirms that.

CrC6y95WcAArrnI.jpg

How does this prove that he's simply doing this for the sake of attention?

Especially when that same shirt also happens to have Malcolm X on it, and an X on his hat?

Again, what does Colin have to gain from this? Endorsements? Sympathy from coaches?

Maybe he enjoys getting on twitter and seeing people call him a "nigger"?

• Upvote 1

Not standing for the anthem is an incredibly poor way of going about spreading awareness about BLM. That's going to get yourself (and BLM) more negative attention than positive attention. The press conference and in interviews is the place to discuss that shit. Not standing for the flag pisses off basically every veteran or everyone close to a veteran.

The fake outrage people a lot of people are expressing over this is hilarious.

I don't agree with what he is doing and think he is a moron for disrespecting our troops who have and who are fighting for our freedom. But thats what they're fighting for. For people like him to express what they believe in, whether you agree with it or not. Hes been doing this all preseason BTW. Not sure why the media decided to blow it up now.

Not standing for the anthem is an incredibly poor way of going about spreading awareness about BLM. That's going to get yourself (and BLM) more negative attention than positive attention. The press conference and in interviews is the place to discuss that shit. Not standing for the flag pisses off basically every veteran or everyone close to a veteran.

When exactly did he say this was all done to raise awareness on BLM?

This is going to make a nice alibi for when he doesn't make the final roster.

"They cut me because of my words! Not my shitty QB play that I shouldn't of even had a chance to sniff a starting job because Jim Harbaugh is an idiot."

Even Harbaugh who coddled Kaepernick states...

I'm not going to argue with you on what I personally think is an extremely distorted and wrong opinion of the issue of BLM and protests in this country...

But honestly, why is this the way you look at this?

You really think that someone would create this much "drama" over what? An excuse for when or if he gets cut?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

White fragility 101.

Guy talks about racism and oppression of minorities, never mentions anything about white people, like, ever, nor does he blame them.

White person mysteriously takes this as an attack to his/her race and defensively shouts and sounds angry till hopefully the loud race noises go away and we are all back to bliss zone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

White fragility 101.

Guy talks about racism and oppression of minorities, never mentions anything about white people, like, ever, nor does he blame them.

White person mysteriously takes this as an attack to his/her race and defensively shouts and sounds angry till hopefully the loud race noises go away and we are all back to bliss zone.

Colin Kaepernick's Twitter Feed features:

- A white governor calling people of color "the enemy"

- Black girls being asked to remove their BLM shirts at school

- The definition of white supremacy and how it is standard practice (below)

https://twitter.com/LeftSentThis/status/769062328616845312

- Talking about how many white teachers there are in California and the fact that white people put together school textbooks.

- How the West Virginia Attorney General is a White Supremacist

- How there are different kinds of white supremacy that we need to be aware of

- Conversations that white kids at some private Christian school in Florida have about people of color

- How White Male Privilege is a real thing and that it oppresses others

Go ahead, Dmac... Tell me again how Colin is talking about black on black crime or how he isn't blaming white people for the oppression in this country. By the way, all of those tweets are within the last week alone. Go back further and I am sure you will find more evidence.

• Upvote 1

I was not aware that we were including his twitter into this conversation, nor was I aware that she was doing so. But that changes nothing.

Does that woman believe herself to be a white supremacist? Does she spend her whole show talking about how white people should be on top while actively bashing other races? No? If it doesn’t apply, let it fly.

Condemning white supremacy does not equal condemning every white person. And the fact that she takes attacks on white supremacy as an attack to every white person, or the fact he talks a lot about white supremacy as proof that he thinks every white person is a racist, or something irrational like that, says one of three things about her. Either she’s a white supremacist, she’s ignorant on what white supremacy means and how it works in society and that white supremacy =/= every white person, or is having her white fragility being exposed because she sees people talking about race and thinks its an attack on her and every other white person she’s ever known.

Or maybe it’s all three. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

When exactly did he say this was all done to raise awareness on BLM?

I'm not going to argue with you on what I personally think is an extremely distorted and wrong opinion of the issue of BLM and protests in this country...

But honestly, why is this the way you look at this?

You really think that someone would create this much "drama" over what? An excuse for when or if he gets cut?

I want to know what your opinion of BLM is. I feel that you are supporter, and if that is the case I'm all ears to hear why you are.

Yes. This is very much so how I look at this. For a guy to make this kind of 'statement' and the timing of when he did this is all too 'convenient'. Do you think he would be making the same statement if this was week 17 and by some miracle the 49ers are in a win to get in the playoffs situation he'd be doing this?

The answer is no. Which means, it's not genuine. This is driven by something other than a logical way of thinking.

I think like this a whole because the BLM movement is a joke in the roots of it. It's a movement that is trying to place our race above others when the goal is for 'equality' which is a fallacy in and of itself.

There will never be equality. There will never be a day where there isn't racism. We have to learn how to deal with it...because what's the point of being better than another race like a lot of BLM people desire, that makes us no better than the people that say blacks are inferior.

He's not lying. Treason gonna land us common folk in the federal prison.

tv shows something and people think its important.

meanwhile,people in power are counting money and laughing at people caring about an adult not staring at a flag while everyone else does.

Amen.

• Upvote 1

He's not lying. Treason gonna land us common folk in the federal prison.

Definitely. It's just funny that once he got himself in some new pussy via DJ Nessa of HOT97 he's turned into your friend who went to college and suddenly grew out his hair and started getting really into politics even though he's obviously got a very naive perception of the world. He's going to say things that are absolutely true like here, he's also going to be so impressionable that he's going to fall into conspiracies and groupthink that he thinks makes him "woke" but really is just naive emotional reactions to life events, falling in line with the popular groupthink on his campus at the time. Doesn't make him a bad guy or whatever else people are lambasting him about, just kind of humorous to view from the outside.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I want to know what your opinion of BLM is. I feel that you are supporter, and if that is the case I'm all ears to hear why you are.

Yes. This is very much so how I look at this. For a guy to make this kind of 'statement' and the timing of when he did this is all too 'convenient'. Do you think he would be making the same statement if this was week 17 and by some miracle the 49ers are in a win to get in the playoffs situation he'd be doing this?

The answer is no. Which means, it's not genuine. This is driven by something other than a logical way of thinking.

I think like this a whole because the BLM movement is a joke in the roots of it. It's a movement that is trying to place our race above others when the goal is for 'equality' which is a fallacy in and of itself.

There will never be equality. There will never be a day where there isn't racism. We have to learn how to deal with it...because what's the point of being better than another race like a lot of BLM people desire, that makes us no better than the people that say blacks are inferior.

To your question about whether or not I support BLM, I do. I'm not one to march, and the organization as a whole isn't organized enough for my liking, but I've donated twice to the Metro Detroit Chapter and support the message.

I think there's a common misconception that's pushed because of the name that isn't the reality of the organization. They aren't about placing blacks above other races. They are about placing them on the same level.

You, me, and I'm assuming everyone on TGP agree that black lives matter as much as anyone's life, all lives do matter. But blacks, especially from inner cities are the ones disproportionally being targeted by law enforcement, and are disproportionally targets of police brutality, make up a disproportionate percentage of prisons, etc. And not enough is being done in this country to address these issues. Plain and simple. So do black lives really matter to most of the people in power?

How can you say to people living in predominantly black places like Flint with their water crisis that's still an issue to this day that their lives really matters in this country?

Or to the people in Ferguson who for years were at an outcry about how they were deliberately and systematically being targeted by the police and then after riots on top of riots investigations were done and their was proof of real racism at the very top of the police force, and little has truly been done since?

Definitely. It's just funny that once he got himself in some new pussy via DJ Nessa of HOT97 he's turned into your friend who went to college and suddenly grew out his hair and started getting really into politics even though he's obviously got a very naive perception of the world. He's going to say things that are absolutely true like here, he's also going to be so impressionable that he's going to fall into conspiracies and groupthink that he thinks makes him "woke" but really is just naive emotional reactions to life events, falling in line with the popular groupthink on his campus at the time. Doesn't make him a bad guy or whatever else people are lambasting him about, just kind of humorous to view from the outside.

While I don't think he's gonna fall that deep, pretty much everything you said is how I see all of this 200%. I'm all for it though because at least he's doing something.

IDK how long he's been "fighting for the oppressed", and until F4E pointed it out I didn't even know he was up on twitter retweeting and posting all these "woke" comments. This screams "college freshman from small sheltered environment getting exposed to big world" more then "guy just trying to grab attention".

Which is the reason why I'm on here arguing with everyone who wants to pass this off as just a guy trying to grab attention and doing it for the shock value. I personally think It's unfair to assume the worst because someone who hadn't been saying anything about a subject is all the sudden out of the blue going full "passive Malcolm X".

But then again, I don't know Colin Kaepernick all that well, so maybe it's me just totally reading into the wrong things. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

Dmac makes a very good point that Kaepernick seems more like a sheltered kid from a predominately white area struggling to adjust to modern issues now that he isn't 100% about football, especially when you consider how he views himself given that he is sometimes seen as black by the media or general population.

Edited by 7-9

I mean come on

https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/770712014423326720

:lol: It's so obvious he just got introduced by his new girl to a whole different world. And hey, that's fine he's obviously still finding himself. It's just happening in the public eye and I think he saw LeBron, Wade, Paul, Melo etc. speech at the ESPY's and wants to use his platform in the locker room to say what he thinks. I watched an interview he did where he said he respects the troops, he has family in the military etc.

He's being corny in his way of doing it with the excruciatingly cliche college kid stuff, but whatever man at the end of the day if a dude doesn't want to stand for the national anthem that's his decision. It's not like he's joined ISIS or something. This all just wreaks of the media needing shit to bitch about, and I'm very angry that my local ESPN radio affiliate replaced Bomani Jones' radio show with the fucking SEC Paul Finebaum show and all his played "let's put on the crazy hicks with the funny accents who rant" bit because I know he would of had some jokes about Kaep's college freshman woke phase. :(

I haven't dropped my 2 cents in on it yet...so here goes.

Collin Kaepernick is an attention whore. The way he acts, talks, dresses..everything about him screams that he just wants to be in the limelight.

This is rather sudden for someone that I've never seen post ANYTHING about racial issues, never seen him actively marching with other protesters.

This was a cry for attention because he's not even going to be 'The Guy' on a shitty team that nobody cares about since Harbaugh left.

He got what he wanted because the media and people are stupid. He's fake as fuck. Also. He's half fucking white, with a white wife. He should shut his mouth before he digs a deeper hole.

And as far as patriotism or anti-patriotism? I would support this act if it genuinely meant he was seeing the world for what it really is...but his IQ has always been lacking, so fuck him.

Prob one of best post Charles has made on here.

I doubt he'd be doing this if was still worth a shit on the field. He's just lonely and wants attention. This motherfucker was born in the mean streets of Wisconsin to a white broad and lived in white suburban California town with his white adopted parents... c'mon lol. He should be the last person trying to pull this shit lol.

But maybe after he gets cut this week, he'll start marching and rioting with the BLM losers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If your criteria for "enemy" includes "won't stand for the national anthem," you're living a pretty comfortable life.

• Upvote 1