BwareDWare94

Romo Out Indefinitely With Broken Bone in Back

Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Prescott.

New guy in Dallas :rock:

Despite the awful look for him--I'm excited.

I'm not all trying to say I'm happy Romo is hurt or anything just looking forward to some Dak.

Edited by Bay

tare as in Zero? I could see the Giants winning zero games. :p

It's the year of the Dak. :D

Gotta feel bad for the guy. If he stayed healthy 16 games, you know he'd be a top 10--maybe top 5--quarterback. Back injuries and aging don't mix well; this could be the end for him in Dallas. Despite his ugly contract, the team would save $5M in cap space by cutting him this offseason.

Citing multiple sources, Tony Romo (back) could miss closer to 8-10 weeks than the initially reported 6-10.

In other words, the Cowboys shouldn't be expecting Romo back until the more pessimistic side of initial estimates. Romo will undergo anther MRI this weekend, and "those results will dictate whether the Cowboys carry him on the 53-man roster or place him on injured reserve," from which Romo could be designated for return later in the season. Romo is expected to be out through Week 6 at the soonest, and the Cowboys have a bye in Week 7. It's looking more and more like Dak Prescott is a certainty to start until midseason, at which the Cowboys could have another tough decision to make if Prescott plays well.

Alright ladies.

Question for you. If you are the Cowboys coach, if Dak is playing reasonably well, and the team is, say, 5-3 or 6-2, do you srsly put Romo back in?

Alright ladies.

Question for you. If you are the Cowboys coach, if Dak is playing reasonably well, and the team is, say, 5-3 or 6-2, do you srsly put Romo back in?

Yes, but you ease the timeline a bit, make sure Romo doesn't rush back at all. But once he's 100%, he's back in there unless Dak is balling out.

Depends how they got to that record. If the offense is running crisply without many hiccups, you don't want to ruin chemistry. You just downplay Romo's recovery, feign concern, and let Dak play until there are signs of implosion.

• Upvote 2

Alright ladies.

Without question, because if Dak isn't great, you're putting a better player in his place with Romo. If Dak is phenomenal, which some expect, then it's time to renegotiate Romo's deal so he's able to be traded.

Alright ladies.

Depends on how well Dak is playing in that stretch. If Dak is playing phenomenally well, like he did in preseason, I'm rolling with him while lowkey celebrating in my office every damn day.

Dak doesn't have to do that much. Just hand off to Zeke and let the best OL in football block for him. I think if Dak plays reasonably well, Romo may of played his last down for the Cowboys.