FartWaffles

Update: Bridgewater suffers brutal ACL tear

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9274/teddy-bridgewater

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a potentially serious non-contact left knee injury in Tuesday's practice.

Bridgewater went down in a heap, and his teammates immediately called for the trainer. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, players were cursing and throwing their helmets. They gathered around Bridgewater in prayer. The scene was described as "complete shock." The Vikings canceled practice. Obviously, it has the looks of a potentially season-ending injury, which would be a devastating blow even considering Bridgewater's game-managing ways. Journeyman veteran Shaun Hill is the next man up on the depth chart.

Bware gon be shook. Feel bad for Teddy.

Edited by FartWaffles

Shaun Hill is a serviceable backup but the Vikings are done this year. Fucking rough man. Teddy may not be the best on the stat sheet or have the biggest arm, but he is a solid QB. Jesus that sucks.

This is a cruel, cruel game...

Legit feel bad.

I feel like only Teddy and maybe a few other guys would get this kind of reaction tbh. Tony Romo could have a legit season-ender with his broken back and everyone is just like, "That's Romo alright."

Teddy going down just feels sad.

I feel awful. Really like the guy, saw him a lot given that he was Louisville's QB and he seems like he's a genuine nice guy. I think he has a long way to go to be a great QB, but he was on his way and now this.

Initial reports are- somehow- a fucking compound fracture, which is baffling to me how that would happen with a non-contact injury. Thought it was ACL like Kelvin last year, which is what non-contact knee injuries usually are.

Fuck, a compound fracture? How does that even happen on a non-contact? Either way it makes sense why he left in an ambulance then.

Ya, Mike Zimmer's press conference wasn't very revealing. Just said it was a severe injury and that they would update us when they have more information. Said Teddy was sedated and still at the hospital. The Vikings won the division last year with not a whole lot of QB contribution though, so even though they were expecting a jump in Teddy's progression, Shaun Hill should be able to do what they need.

Fuck, a compound fracture? How does that even happen on a non-contact? Either way it makes sense why he left in an ambulance then.

All I can think of that'd explain that is an unacceptable-at-the-NFL-level practice surface issue or a prior unknown issue.

I feel terrible for Teddy. As far as this season is concerned, this team is too good overall for it to be completely shot. And Teddy only threw 14 TDs last year, and in the division clinching game gave his best Ryan Lindlay impression. I expect 7-9ish under Shaun Hill or maybe even better if a trade lands somebody decent for the year.

Edited by BwareDWare94

This is pretty heart breaking. I think everyone on this sight can say they enjoy watching Bridgewater and think that he is a decent guy.

I was looking forward to him making progression after his sophomore year and leading the Vikings to an NFCCG. Can't say the Vikings season is looking good anymore.

Hope everything turns out well and that it's not as severe as initial reports are saying.

I wasn't enamored with him coming out, but he's impressed me his first couple seasons. As others have said, he seems like the humble, likeable guy that you want to root for. Sad to see.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury was "gruesome," and that his teammates were "disturbed and horrified," with some even throwing up.

It sounds like we're dealing with a Kevin Ware/Paul George-type situation. An ambulance and paramedics were summoned when Bridgewater went down, with the paramedics being something longtime observers had never seen before. Bridgewater isn't going to play this season. The question is fast becoming if he'll be ready for 2017.

Buddy of mine who has had a patellar tear says he thinks it might be that + a compound fracture. Only tear in the knee he can think of that would need sedation on the field. Plus if he went out on ambulance it must've been bad enough to not even wanna fuck around with the leg, just stabilize it and get him to hospital.

So official word is it's a knee dislocation with multiple ligament tears likely, atleast three maybe all four given players saw it visibly and were that disturbed (meaning it looked disfigured.) Sounds like no nerve or artery issues which is the best news so recovery is possible. But he's likely out for preseason next year too, possibly into next year depends how his rehab goes. Multiple set-backs tend to happen with these. This sucks. Man. The good thing is he is a QB and not a RB or WR so sprinting then cutting and the like isn't required for his position so it's possible he recovers. Shitty.

What baffles me is how this happened in the first place. There is absolutely no reason that explains how a perfectly healthy knee just disintegrated from stepping on the ground. If there was a rough spot on the practice surface that contributed, I want to know about it. If they find out that he had a lesser injury or condition of some sort prior to this injury, I want to know about it.

There is absolutely no way that Teddy Bridgewater's knee was just fine and then exploded from stepping on the fucking ground. No way, whatsoever.

Has the video been released at all does anyone know? Sometimes you go to plant that foot and it just sticks weird. This is a lot more severe, but that is what happened to Jordy... He planted his foot to turn up field and just collapsed. It would be interesting to see / hear though what exactly happened.

Edited by Favre4Ever

What baffles me is how this happened in the first place. There is absolutely no reason that explains how a perfectly healthy knee just disintegrated from stepping on the ground. If there was a rough spot on the practice surface that contributed, I want to know about it. If they find out that he had a lesser injury or condition of some sort prior to this injury, I want to know about it.

There is absolutely no way that Teddy Bridgewater's knee was just fine and then exploded from stepping on the fucking ground. No way, whatsoever.

So you're saying jet fuel can't melt steel beams? :insidejob:

• Upvote 1

But yeah whatever he was doing he planted his foot with a lot of force, went to twist or turn and foot likely stuck keeping his calf planted and his thigh twisted with lots of force as he was trying to turn/cut and the force just dislocated his knee from the joint. That's fucking insane that it happened, obviously rare in it's severity but it's possible evidently.

There's also this from the draft process

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/460410340959088640

I remember hearing it and scoffing but welp

Bridgewater in general has a weird frame, but I don't see his legs being particularly skinny... Although the only time I've ever really noticed an NFL player with skinny legs who doesn't have an overall skinny frame is Darren McFadden.

Although the only time I've ever really noticed an NFL player with skinny legs who doesn't have an overall skinny frame is Darren McFadden.

Montana was notorious for his chicken legs. :lol:

yahoo_montataballoonsatdarts.jpg

• Upvote 2

save the drama. Theyll be fine.

Teddy wasnt going to throw as often as a Manning. That can be replaced and its not definite he wont come back.

the Defense will be fine and AP is ready. They are still getting a wildcard.

I altered my picks to mirror that.

Save the drama? We like this guy. We're upset at a horrible injury happening to a likeable guy. It's not really drama ish.

I'd say its pretty definite he's not coming back this season. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is career threatening, given the severity and the likelihood of setbacks- and whether or not he'd be the same after such an injury.

I'd also be shocked if the Vikes pull a wildcard with Shaun Hill at QB.

Edited by Thanatos

I'm still baffled as to how this kind of severity was even possible.