FartWaffles

Update: Bridgewater suffers brutal ACL tear

Here Comes Kaepernick

colin-kaepernick-run.gif

Kaepernick in Purple... why not :kobe:

He's also well known for styling on the Packers (and no one else)

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer announced Tuesday that quarterback Teddy Bridgewater suffered a significant knee injury during practice. Little did he know how significant it truly was.
Not only did Bridgewater tear his ACL, he suffered a tibiofemoral dislocation — or a dislocated knee joint.
According to injury expert Will Carroll, if the team trainers didn’t react as quickly as they did and get an ambulance to the facility, Bridgewater may have lost his entire career and even his leg.

https://twitter.com/CardSoHard93/status/771000357266812928/photo/1

sounds like we should be glad this wasn't worse

God damn

I think a large part of it is the severity of it. It's one thing to have an ACL tear. It's another to have players throwing up or praying while Teddy is sedated and loaded onto an ambulance.

Montana was notorious for his chicken legs. :lol:

yahoo_montataballoonsatdarts.jpg

Both Vic Beasley and Dante Fowler have skinny leg syndrome...idk if it's because of the positions they play...but the seem out of place.

This is the first major sports injury to a non-Philly player that truly upset me. Anybody else experiencing that? I was bummed for a few hours after the news broke. There's just far too many of these terrible injuries in football.

Part of it has to be that Teddy is so likable. The severity is the main thing, in my opinion, especially considering that I think we can call this a career-threatening injury. It sucks. As a Vikings fan, I hate that this happened to my team. I don't think the team is cooked for this season or anything because Teddy is not a 4000 passing yards, 30 touchdowns quarterback, but to see something like this happen to such a likable individual is truly upsetting.

If Goodell woulda put a stop to these god damn OTAs, practices, training camps, and scrimmages, this woulda never have happened!! :coffee:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000693587/article/teddy-bridgewater-we-will-attack-my-rehab

There is potential for this to be a multi-year recovery, especially if nerve damage or artery damage is discovered later on. :(

Vikings fans and Teddy fans need to understand that this could be it, and it sucks. It's not likely, but it's possible.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9274/teddy-bridgewater

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Teddy Bridgewater (knee) is expected to miss the entire 2017 season.

Cole cites a Vikings source that informed him the "shortest recovery" time for Bridgewater's injury -- torn ACL and dislocated knee -- is 19 months. Bridgewater was injured on August 30 last summer, which if we were to follow the 19-month timeline, would allow him to be back around March 2018. The last update the Vikings provided, from coach Mike Zimmer after the season, wasn't much of an update at all. Zimmer admitted earlier this month that Bridgewater remained without a timetable. Sam Bradford is fully expected to be the Vikings' 2017 starter.

Not surprising. They wouldn't have given up a first for Bradford for a one-year rental, as stated earlier.

The question now is whether Bridgewater ever plays another snap. Which is just awful to even have to consider, but you have to if you're the Vikings. Bradford isn't the QB of the future, and you know that.

If someone is sitting there at the bottom of the 2nd, I think the Vikes take them.

Edited by Thanatos

Hopefully he can come back from this. It would suck to see his career end so early due to injury.

Saw a video of him doing workouts a month ago, he looks to be back on the recovery path. So I am optimistic he will play again.

Edited by BJORN

Ben gonna retire soon. Come to Pittsburgh, Teddy. There's no better place for someone named Bridgewater.

• Upvote 1

I still can't fathom how this even happened in the first place. There had to be a pre-existing injury of some sort, or the practice surface had to have a bad hole he stepped in or something.

Well if he stopped skipping leg day...

7626938.jpg

Dude has a pair of sticks supporting his kneecaps.

It was pretty clear from the moment of the trade that Bridgewater was hurt more than what they were leading on to. I hope its not the end of his career but if it was. It wouldn't be shocking.

Teddy is one of if not my favorite player(s) right now. Him and a few players on defense are vying for that spot. I really hope he can come back.

He can come back but he can't have his starting gig back so long as Bradford is here and healthy, and really that's a blessing for Teddy right now because he frankly needs to take as much time as he needs to.

Don't rush back and end your career, Bridgewater. Take your time so you're still suiting up on Sundays 10 years from now.