RazorStar

Minnesota trades for Sam Bradford.

Story is still breaking but:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694979/article/vikings-trading-for-eagles-qb-sam-bradford

Edit: Looking like a 1st in 2017 and a 4th in 2018.

Edit 2: Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.

The Vikings have found their replacement for Teddy Bridgewater.

Minnesota has acquired Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford in exchange for a first-round pick and more, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. ESPN first reported the move.

Around the NFL will have more on this story shortly.

Edited by RazorStar

At least the Eagles broke even on this. I still don't think you make a trade like this unless you believe Teddy is done for his career.

• Upvote 1

Wow.

Pretty steep price for a temporary fix.

Is a SB win the only thing that makes this worth it?

He'll take one hit to the knee and tear his ACL, too, because God is a Packers fan.

Wonder how Vikings fans react when they have two QBs fuck up their knee in one year.

Wentz reportedly starting week 1 now if healthy.

This is absolutely stupid. How does Bradford keep commanding such a price? He's had plenty of time to prove himself worthy of being even an average starter and keeps failing. Does he have blackmail material on the entire damn league?

I concur with Razor though. I think the Vikings- at the very least- fear that Bridgewater's injury is career ending, as that is the only way this even makes a modicum of sense. A first and a fourth for a one year rental is just completely idiotic.

Lol scared little Sam

So they don't' think Teddy will ever be back? That sucks

They could just be making sure that if he can't make it back they have some sort of insurance. Hell of a price to pay though.

lol Minny sports.

Vikings so shook and lawst.

Combine Phil and Than's posts and you have my reaction. This just wreaks of desperation and what in the hell has Sam Bradford ever done to command such a high price tag multiple times? Makes almost no sense.

You aren't seriously defending Sam Bradford.

He may be better than Hill, but it ain't by much. And it certainly isn't worth giving up a first and a fourth rounder for him.

Sam Bradford has a chain he carries with him to any team he goes to. Instantly drags em to 7-9.

^ So what you're saying is...

Bradford should go back to the Rams. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Minn. will do no worse than 11-5

7-9 or so.

After some time to process this knob job that Rick Spielman and the Wilf family gave to the Eagles, I am undoubtedly furious about what the Vikings gave up for a weak-armed, weak-minded bust of a #1 pick. Bradford is supposed to have this cannon for an arm...has anybody watched him in the NFL? His arm has been shot since his shoulder injury. His passes have no velocity, and take forever to get to his targets. I don't care if he can "accurately place" them. I mean, for fuck's sake, I think Teddy's passes have more velocity than Bradford's. That is not a good thing.

And you can't convince me that Minnesota couldn't have negotiated for like....20 more minutes and the Eagles would have settled for something that didn't involve a fucking first round pick. Good god. This is worse than the Herschel Walker trade, in my opinion.

Vikings are cursed...

I'm pissed because the draft is in Philly and was enjoying the tears of Eagle fans not having a 1st round pick...days later...the desperado Vikings sell the farm for a guy that can't even make it through a whole season...

WE WOULD'VE GIVEN YOU MATT MCGLOIN FOR FREE

I do think that this could salvage Minnesota's season, because if Bradford can stay on his feet he's not going to wilt and fade like Shaun Hill will after 4 weeks. I'm expecting Hill to at least start against Tennessee.